Windows 10: Microsoft’s response to privacy concerns in the Netherlands

Discus and support Microsoft’s response to privacy concerns in the Netherlands in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Our goal is to deliver the highest quality, delightful and trusted experience to Windows customers. Windows collects data so that we can be responsive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft’s response to privacy concerns in the Netherlands

Source: Microsoft’s response to privacy concerns in the Netherlands - Microsoft Pulse Nederland

:)

Brink, Oct 13, 2017

2. Concerning "privacy" regarding Microsoft How-Old

[This is about the Microsoft How-Old app for Windows 10 Mobile published by Microsoft Online which I know is a Chinese subsidiary which isn't wholly owned by the Microsoft Corporation, but the software is produced by Microsoft Research so my complaint here
    is sound.]

I will be very blunt here, I hate privacy and I think that our zeitgeist's obsession with it is keeping technical development back for decades, having said that I'm not against privacy settings, let people send what they want to send but honestly when the
    reports came out that Microsoft How-Old might keep pictures in order to improve Microsoft Research's Project Oxford I was happy and glad, but then the whole "we don't keep the picture" incident happened.

Users should be able to choose whether or not they want to contribute their selfies to Microsoft's Project Oxford, we should be given an option, I want to be there helping science progress, not obsess over the idea that hopefully no-one will remember me
    after I die, entire fields of science like sociology and all forms of bureaucracy are dependent on people collecting data, and almost none of our technological innovations in software-related fields and computer learning have been made by catering to privacy
    concerns, but by asking people for their data, and I hate how entitled everyone has become that we want to use every service free of charge and somehow contribute nothing to that service in any form (not just privacy-wise, think of how popular Ad-Blocking
    software suits are).

What I suggest isn't the mandatory collection of pictures in Microsoft How-Old, but simply
    the option of sending photographs that I own to help improve Microsoft's machine learning and Microsoft Research's Artificial Intelligence related software and services, in the same manner that Microsoft Twins-Or-Not does.

Tula, the Quang, Oct 13, 2017
  3. Jsssssssss, Oct 13, 2017
  4. FerchogtX Win User

But... but... but that was already available in Creators Update!!! even when upgrading or clean installing!

No offense, but people there misses reading important stuff...

The other thing about a web seccion where you can monitor your activity is a great deal, BTW, just like Google did, I guess now people will feel more comfortable with that.

FerchogtX, Oct 13, 2017
  5. lehnerus2000, Oct 13, 2017
  6. M4v3r1ck Win User
    M4v3r1ck, Oct 13, 2017
  7. axe0 New Member
    The DPA finds the current description about what data Windows collects, how it collects them and how it stores them not clear enough. They want Microsoft to specifically mention what it collects and how it uses the collected information. They don't want Microsoft to say 'we collect app usage, phone information, etc.', they want Microsoft to say 'we collect information about the time you spend on apps, what you do in it, who you contact, who your contacts are for predictability, etc. and store them in xxx way via xxx encryption'.

8. FerchogtX Win User

Well... extra information never hurts then Microsoft’s response to privacy concerns in the Netherlands :p

FerchogtX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft’s response to privacy concerns in the Netherlands - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s response privacy

2. Privacy concern- Many attempted logins to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy concern- Many attempted logins to my Microsoft account: Recently I have seen that in my signin activity section of Microsoft account there are many login attempts from unknown locations. And today I even received a mail stating that someone was trying to login in my Amazon account. I am very much worried and tensed and feeling...
  3. Privacy concern !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy concern !: Hello,Today when i was uninstalling unwanted apps i saw remote desktop connection. I don't think I installed that application or used it either. I recently added my school account to my Personal computer, I doubt that because I added my school account to my PC, this app got...
  4. Privacy concern !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Privacy concern !: Hello,Today when i was uninstalling unwanted apps i saw remote desktop connection. I don't think I installed that application or used it either. I recently added my school account to my Personal computer, I doubt that because I added my school account to my PC, this app got...
  5. Win 10 calender privacy concern

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 calender privacy concern: It has a lot to do with this post that is already closed https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3g161t/calendar_in_windows_10_showing_birthdays_of/ I wonder what it goes off of? My Microsoft account? Is my info just shared with random ppl I've emailed just once in my...
  6. Privacy concerns of using Microsoft software using school account.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Privacy concerns of using Microsoft software using school account.: Hi everyone, Recently I started building my computer, but have not gotten any software for it. I heard that I could get Windows 10 Education for cheap if I use my school email or something, but does that gives my school any connection with my PC? Also with Microsoft Office,...
  7. Your Phone App Privacy Concern

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone App Privacy Concern: Is there a way to lock the Your Phone App? I use a shared laptop and am wary that others may he able to access my call and message history and my pics without my knowledge. Thoughts?...
  8. Privacy concern

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy concern: I got a video shows that windoes send screenshot to server The link is below https://youtu.be/zgs9g-Q-Zm8 Does windows send any screenshot ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/privacy-concern/2234f8cb-f1f4-484a-a227-acf01e0adfde"
  9. Privacy concerns

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy concerns: I have a serious concern regarding my online privacy and security and can not seem to come right despite clean installs, premium AV etc. The problem seems to follow despite any efforts including use of a vpn. I do realize strange activity aswel like a program will load very...
  10. Windows 10 and privacy and performance concerns

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and privacy and performance concerns: Hello! I've read a lot about privacy, spying etc. I'm more concerned about the performance that is taken away because of the unnecessary services running that are spying one me than the spying itself. Anyway, what would be the cleanest and safest way to disable all...