Windows 10: Microsoft's ship target for Windows 10 'Redstone 2' is March, 2017

Discus and support Microsoft's ship target for Windows 10 'Redstone 2' is March, 2017 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Bring it on cant wait to try it Why wait? Join us Insiders. *Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Winuser Win User

Microsoft's ship target for Windows 10 'Redstone 2' is March, 2017

Why wait? Join us Insiders. *Smile

Winuser, Oct 17, 2016
  2. gtspeck Win User

I can't keep up with user updates much less be an insider.*Eek

gtspeck, Oct 17, 2016
  3. MrBill Win User
    *Roflmao2

MrBill, Oct 17, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

I don't know when MS truly expects to release Redstone 2. I do hope they don't release it until it's actually ready and not just to meet a promised release date.

Winuser, Oct 17, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I agree. It would be nice to have a general idea of the direction MS is going with RS2. Are there going to be UI changes/tweaks? What changes will be made to Edge?? I hope it's more than just making Cortana better.

BunnyJ, Oct 17, 2016
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    The way things are going there will never be a 2017!

Fafhrd, Oct 18, 2016
  7. Winuser Win User
    Think someone will push the Button? *Eek

Winuser, Oct 18, 2016
  8. tannim Win User

Hopefully they remove that stupid "active hours" crap and replace it with something that works... like the old system it replaced where Windows would ask to have the user schedule when to restart instead of simply restarting with no warning and giving absolutely no way to prevent it outside of a 12 hour period. Takes a lot to disable windows update and prevent that on windows 10 home

tannim, Oct 18, 2016
  9. CTRL-ALT-DEL is your friend.. *chuckle

BugMeister, Oct 18, 2016
  10. I'd be happy if they just finished porting what's left in Control Panel over to Settings. So there is just the one place to go to adjust things etc. Don't get me wrong, some new features would also be nice, but I'd like to see the Windows 7 leftovers cleaned up.

alphanumeric, Oct 20, 2016
  11. Ghost82 Win User
    I would like to see more improvements on the manage of resources. The last updates have been great in that matter. In fact, I would preffer that kind of uptdates instead of visual enhancements and stuff, except for the control-panel settings. I think they should en up with that kindof duality thing. For now, I preffer control panel, but I'm sure they can enhance all the functionalities on the settings app.

Ghost82, Oct 20, 2016
  12. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Oct 29, 2016
  13. MSRadell Win User

I wish they would go the other way and forget the Settings system and go back to the Control Panel. It's impossible to find things the way Settings is set up well it was very easy to find things in the old Control Panel format.

What do you want remnants of Windows 7 to be removed even though they are working well, better than the Windows 10 alternatives in some cases.

They may sell themes to some people but they won't be selling them to me! Having a different theme doesn't make your computer running better.

MSRadell, Oct 29, 2016
  14. Search will usually find what setting your after, whether its in Control Panel of Settings. And Settings has the "Find a setting" right at the top. I Find Settings just as easy, maybe even easier, to navigate than Control Panel. Control Panel is one of the remnants I was referring too. I just want them to finish what they started.

alphanumeric, Oct 29, 2016
  15. Edwin New Member
    Yet, there are many links in the Settings App that still open Win32 applets, so..., I don't know where they're goin with this!

Edwin, Oct 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Microsoft's ship target for Windows 10 'Redstone 2' is March, 2017 - Similar Threads - Microsoft's ship target

2. Windows 10 Update March 31 2017

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update March 31 2017: I have two HP Laptops running Windows 10 Home. Both are running well without Virus or Malware. Today I'm getting the same error from Windows Update on both computers suggesting it's a Microsoft problem. There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again...
  3. March 2017 Office Update Release

in Windows 10 News
    March 2017 Office Update Release: The March 2017 Public Update releases for Office are now available! This month, there are 28 security updates (2 bulletin) and 27 non-security updates. Security bulletins: MS17-013 MS17-014 All of the security and non-security updates are listed in KB article...
  4. Microsoft gives Windows device makers their 2017 marching orders

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft gives Windows device makers their 2017 marching orders: Microsoft officials have some fairly specific ideas about what they want their Windows-device-making partners to build in calendar 2017. [img] On the PC front, Microsoft wants its OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) and ODMs (original design manufacturers) to make...
  5. Windows 10 Mobile features that are coming in Redstone 2

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile features that are coming in Redstone 2: Ever since April, it's been rumored that Microsoft's next feature update for Windows 10, codenamed Redstone 2, will have a greater focus on Mobile. In fact, Redstone 3 is rumored to be the same. At day two of Microsoft's Ignite 2016 conference today in a session called,...
  6. Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for March 14th 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for March 14th 2017: This bulletin summary lists security bulletins released for March 2017. For information about how to receive automatic notifications whenever Microsoft security bulletins are issued, visit Microsoft Technical Security Notifications. Microsoft also provides information...
  7. Microsoft Teams global availability event on March 14th 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Teams global availability event on March 14th 2017: On Tuesday, March 14th 8:30 AM PT, we will celebrate the global availability of Microsoft Teams, the chat-based workspace in Office 365. Please join us for an online event to mark the occasion. Microsoft Corporate Vice President Kirk Koenigsbauer and a special guest will...
  8. Redstone Wave 2 comes. :)

in Windows 10 News
    Redstone Wave 2 comes. :): Redstone Wave 2 Comes! *Wink Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Source: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 49724
  9. Windows 10 Redstone: Second wave of updates coming in 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone: Second wave of updates coming in 2017: We already know that Redstone will launch in two waves, the first of which will be happening in June. This first update is being developed under the tag RS1, and according to my sources will focus mostly on the convergence of different Windows 10 devices such as PC, Xbox and...
  10. Microsoft pushes back Windows 10 'Redstone' 2 to Spring 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft pushes back Windows 10 'Redstone' 2 to Spring 2017: Microsoft's second major set of new features for Windows 10, known as 'Redstone 2,' are now a spring 2017 deliverable, meant to coincide with a new wave of Windows 10 hardware, sources say. Microsoft is delaying Windows 10 "Redstone" 2, primarily because of the decision to...