Windows 10: Microsoft’s Windows 10 event - your thoughts.

Discus and support Microsoft’s Windows 10 event - your thoughts. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; well it didn't last long and they didn't give much away. name. windows 10, is it good or bad I was asking myself, its silly as forever there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wakadoo, Sep 29, 2014.

1. wakadoo Win User

Microsoft’s Windows 10 event - your thoughts.

well it didn't last long and they didn't give much away.

name.

windows 10, is it good or bad I was asking myself, its silly as forever there will be a gap
    and the question of what happened to windows 9 will be forever asked.

features.

windows 7 to get access to the store, good move and will bring in millions more users and generate some ms dollars for future development, also help the app makers more money and give them more incentive.

I am so happy the charm bar is staying but I do welcome changes to it, hows about we get to add some shortcuts of our own, a start menu is great for the moaners but pretty useless on my miniscule tablet.

taskview, well its a good thing initially but after some thought it seems to be just a bigger version of hover on the taskbar, I liked the aero one where all the open windows rotated in the centre of the screen but alas it disappeared.

preview.

oh well done here, next day release, no waiting around no faffing with dates, alas I will need to wait till the weekend but nice to know it wil be ready for me.

:)

wakadoo, Sep 29, 2014
  2. fischhase Win User

Windows 10 Calendar--can't move event to another calendar

Dear Microsoft,

I just tried to change from thunderbird calendar to Windows 10 calendar. I thought, it was the minimum functionality to do

1. Copy Events

2. Change Calendar of event

It's quit often to copy an event to the calendars of my associates and one copy for the conference room ressource calendar. Its strange that it is not possible in Windows 10 PROFESSIONAL.

Thanks MS to hurry up implementing it.

Regards

Martin

fischhase, Sep 29, 2014
  3. Prewett.6 Win User
    Calendar App does not appear to sync with Microsoft Exchange

One of the new cool features in Windows 10 is that you can tell Cortana to schedule events for you. But this cool feature doesn't help if your other calendars will not sync with the calendar app.

I use a Microsoft Exchange e-mail primarily to store my contacts, calendar events, etc., but the calendar events will not sync to the Calendar app. At first I thought maybe I could change the "default calendar" for Cortana to Outlook, but Outlook only shows
    up as an option for the "default mail" application.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and found a solution?

Prewett.6, Sep 29, 2014
  4. Microsoft’s Windows 10 event - your thoughts.

I'm excited about this, they're really revamping the Desktop that saw little to no change in 8/8.1. It's still the UI that is heavily used and they're FINALLY properly meshing the Desktop and the Modern UI together, how it should have been coming off of 7.

The new Start Screen that was shown that will run on touch PCs, I do like that.

Also even better, the changes to File Explorer and having a most frequently accessed list is going to be REAL handy for me since I use File Explorer a ton. Absolutely love the further removal of Aero iconography that just clashed with the modern metro design. It was like looking at vista and looking at the modern Windows in one package, just no.

Will be downloading, and will be running this on a partition on my SSD. I fear I may do what I did with 8 and ran each preview build as my main OS...

Coke Robot, Sep 29, 2014
  5. esakom Win User
  6. Clam Win User
    Although I'm feeling good about upcoming Windows, I'll wait until tomorrow to get my hands on Technical Preview to actually judge new version of Windows - or at least, the stuff we'll be able to test right away from start.

Hype is real! *Cool

7. badrobot Win User
    I think Microsoft intentionally skipped 9 to break the cursed good, bad, good, bad, etc. pattern. They want to take this impression away from end users.

badrobot, Sep 30, 2014
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Could be. I just really don't like the way they use numbers for naming an OS. I much prefer names. Windows Thunderbolt!!
    Yeah.. Thunderbolt!!

BunnyJ, Sep 30, 2014
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    I agree.. I can tell more when I can touch and see the OS. Up till now all we have are reports on it. Until we can play around with it and discuss what's in it no one can really say how good or bad it is.

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft’s Windows 10 event - your thoughts. - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s event thoughts

2. Need Thoughts on These Event 4688 and WMI Event 5861 Instances

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Thoughts on These Event 4688 and WMI Event 5861 Instances: so my PC has a little bit of a kink to it where sometimes, during boot, the VGA light on the motherboard will hang and fast startup will fail; eventually, the monitor and Windows will come up as normal and everything will function perfectly fine. it's done this since I got...
  3. Need Thoughts on These Event 4688 and WMI Event 5861 Instances

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need Thoughts on These Event 4688 and WMI Event 5861 Instances: so my PC has a little bit of a kink to it where sometimes, during boot, the VGA light on the motherboard will hang and fast startup will fail; eventually, the monitor and Windows will come up as normal and everything will function perfectly fine. it's done this since I got...
  4. Need Thoughts on These Event 4688 and WMI Event 5861 Instances

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Agents revival thoughts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Agents revival thoughts: Now that we have got Clippy back as an emoji, what about the other characters e.g. Daiku the dolphin, Merlin the wizard and others. Remember those ms agents from ms office 1997-2003 ? Here https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9529AC03636EE99C Rover doesn't count as an ms...
  6. Refreshing thoughts on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Refreshing thoughts on Windows 10: This article should be of interest for what started and where it is going: Windows 10 turns five: Don't get too comfortable, the rules will change again | ZDNet 154975
  7. Refreshing thoughts on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Refreshing thoughts on Windows 10: This article should be of interest for what started and where it is going: Windows 10 turns five: Don't get too comfortable, the rules will change again | ZDNet 154975
  8. Windows 10 Tip: Capture your thoughts easily with Dictation

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Tip: Capture your thoughts easily with Dictation: Did you know that with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, it’s now easier than ever to take a note or write a paper – with just your voice, using your device’s microphone? [img] Natural computing experiences enable us to speak directly to our devices to accomplish tasks,...
  9. What are your thoughts on Windows10?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are your thoughts on Windows10?: Hello again friends. I'm making assessments about the Windows 10. Please share with us your thoughts on Windows 10. Classic Start menu is really nice. 3489
  10. What are your thoughts about Windows 10 being the last windows ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are your thoughts about Windows 10 being the last windows ?: That's right folks, Windows 10 will indeed be the last windows. Instead now what they are doing is giving out updates that add new programs and other stuff that will make it much more user friendly just like the Iphones. I am totally on board with this idea because I don't...