Windows 10: Micrphone not picking any sounds, tried everything I could find

Discus and support Micrphone not picking any sounds, tried everything I could find in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I built a new computer and I like to play games with my friends but I need to be able to speak with them for the best results. As the title says I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lizardss, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Lizardss Win User

Micrphone not picking any sounds, tried everything I could find

So I built a new computer and I like to play games with my friends but I need to be able to speak with them for the best results. As the title says I have tried basically any help I could find (device manager/enabling and disabling/reinstalling audio drivers). I have two sets of headphones and two sets of audio splitters and I have tried them on my two computers to this result:

Headset one (TRRS)

- Plugged straight into microphone jack on laptop (works)

- Used both audio splitters on laptop (works)

- Plugged straight into mic jack on desktop (does not work)

- Used both audio splitters on desktop (does not work)

Headset two (TRS)

- Plugged straight into mic jack on laptop (works)

- Used both audio splitters on laptop (does not work)

- Plugged straight into mic jack on desktop (does not work)

- Used both audio splitters on desktop (does not work)

Whenever I use the mic jack on the desktop it does recognize there is a mic being plugged in however it will not receive any input. Both of the audio splitters are TRS.

:)

Lizardss, Jul 20, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Micrphone not picking any sounds, tried everything I could find :p

cadaveca, Oct 16, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Micrphone not picking any sounds, tried everything I could find

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Micrphone not picking any sounds, tried everything I could find

1. Micrphone not picking any sounds, tried everything I could find - Similar Threads - Micrphone picking sounds

2. Drive won’t install windows, already tried everything I could find

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive won’t install windows, already tried everything I could find: Hello, I am trying to install windows 10 on a custom built pc for my younger brother the specs are below, I’ve tried multiple attempts at fixing the issue, even using a different drive, one off my PC that I had installed ubuntu on a while back as a dual boot but no longer use...
  3. Drive won’t install windows, already tried everything I could find

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive won’t install windows, already tried everything I could find: Hello, I am trying to install windows 10 on a custom built pc for my younger brother the specs are below, I’ve tried multiple attempts at fixing the issue, even using a different drive, one off my PC that I had installed ubuntu on a while back as a dual boot but no longer use...
  4. Drive won’t install windows, already tried everything I could find

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth Dongle not working after trying everything i could find on the internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Dongle not working after trying everything i could find on the internet: Hey there,I have experienced some difficulties with my new USB dongle on my computer.It is only shown as 'dongle' in the 'devices and printers' section and listed under USB devices in the 'device manager' but is does not work. Also in the windows settings it is only shown...
  6. Mic is not picking any sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic is not picking any sound.: Hello everyone. I've been using a set of handsfree for at least 1 year and for the last month, I think around December, my microphone stopped working. No reason at all, one day it just stopped working. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device, I've tried...
  7. “No internet, secured” - tried everything I could find and it only sporadically works

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    “No internet, secured” - tried everything I could find and it only sporadically works: Subject line is a good summary. My computer connects to wifi, but only sometimes will I actually be able to use the internet. I usually get the message shown in the subject line. I’m at the mercy of whatever it is at this point. I’ve tried every solution I can find, and no...
  8. Teredo unable to qualify although I tried everything I could find online

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Teredo unable to qualify although I tried everything I could find online: Problem occured more than a month ago where I couldn't connect to any Xbox Live service, including Forza Horizon 4 online session. I tried some fixes and they worked, at least for a short while. 10 days ago, same problem occured again and since then, no such solution could...
  9. I’ve tried everything I could find on google. Please help me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’ve tried everything I could find on google. Please help me: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ProfTek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g59a1l/ive_tried_everything_i_could_find_on_google/
  10. slow download with wifi - tried everything I could find

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow download with wifi - tried everything I could find: so as the title says, my daughters PC - the one in my system specs - is getting about 1/4 what the other wifi pcs in my house get. The only difference is my daughters PC has windows 10 and all of the others have 7. ~ I updated all drivers and BIOS. ~ read through various...