Windows 10: Middle Click Not Working Since Upgrade

Discus and support Middle Click Not Working Since Upgrade in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on my Lenovo Thinkpad T400. Prior to the upgrade I was able to middle click to open links in a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nyrbee, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Nyrbee Win User

Middle Click Not Working Since Upgrade

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on my Lenovo Thinkpad T400. Prior to the upgrade I was able to middle click to open links in a new tab, close tabs, and scroll however now when I middle click it instead brings me to "Trackpoint scrolling tips"
    I have tried disabling Trackpoint scrolling but then neither my middle click nor my right click will work at all.
    Is there any possible way to fix this?
    I apologize if this has been asked previously on this forum, I have searched and found nothing

:)

Nyrbee, Sep 25, 2015

2. Taskbar middle click doesn't work

Hello,

1. This is a standard local account.

2. Yes I did.

Method 1

System Maintenance says "No changes or updates were necessary".

Method 2

I ran both, SFC and DISM, both of which reported errors, but neither of them was able to fix anything.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some

of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For

example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not

supported in offline servicing scenarios.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.10586.0

Image Version: 10.0.10586.0

[==========================100.0%==========================]

The component store is repairable.

The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:ESD:E:\Sources\Install.esd:1 /LimitAccess

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.10586.0

Image Version: 10.0.10586.0

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.

Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Even though I mount ISO file it still cannot find sources.

I might have jumped the gun by posting here. While running these commands I noticed middle click does work for some programs (Explorer, Visual Studio), and doesn't for others (MPC-HC player). Could this be program's fault, not Windows'?
    Although it's still weird how it works only for pinned MPC-HC player, while for Explorer it works in either case.

Thank you in advance.

Zaoshi Kaba, Sep 25, 2015
  3. Taskbar middle click doesn't work

Hello,

I used to use middle click in the taskbar to close application instances and open new instances, however after resetting Windows 10 (might have happened after 10586 update but I am unable to test that now) this feature partially stopped working. To be exact,
    I can open new instances only for pinned applications, but it does not work for non-pinned applications. Is there a way to change / fix this behavior?

Thank you in advance.

Zaoshi Kaba, Sep 25, 2015
Thema:

Middle Click Not Working Since Upgrade

1. Middle Click Not Working Since Upgrade - Similar Threads - Middle Click Working

2. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  3. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  4. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Middle Click in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Middle Click in Task Manager: What happens if I middle click a background process in task manager? I did this without meaning to a couple of days ago and I didn't see what task my mouse was over so I am concerned to know if this changes anything or if it is a 'dud' button as such in task manager....
  6. Mouse is double and triple clicking since upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse is double and triple clicking since upgrade: Okay this has been bothering me for a while. Something has been bothering me about my mouse. Ever since I upgraded my motherboard and CPU, my mouse now double and triple clicks once in a while. I checked my control panel and looked at my mouse settings and it was in the half...
  7. Middle Mouse Button Click Isn't Working

Middle Mouse Button Click Isn't Working: Unfortunately, earlier today, my middle mouse button stopped working whenever I clicked it. I plugged in another mouse, one that I had just bought from the store, and it's middle mouse button wasn't working either. I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them,...
  8. Middle click scrolling not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Middle click scrolling not working: I have a Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center customized, however I can't figure out how to make the middle button drag scroll. I've set the button as "Middle Click" but it doesn't work. Anyone know if there's a reg hack or something for this?...
  9. Touchpad middle click not working for gestures

Touchpad middle click not working for gestures: I have my Windows Precision touchpad configured so it does the middle click when I do a 3 finger tap. It was working on my touchpad before. In the past week or so, it has not been working. I am able to do other actions with the 3 finger tap like activate Windows search. For...
  10. Taskbar middle-click not working for Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Taskbar middle-click not working for Firefox: Hello everyone, I upgraded to Windows 10 a little while ago, and while it has mostly been smooth sailing I have encountered a small glitch. Middle-clicking on things in the taskbar normally opens a new instance on the corresponding application. This feature works...