Windows 10: Minecraft Fullscreen Force Close

Discus and support Minecraft Fullscreen Force Close in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have Minecraft for Windows 10, the app. It ran fine in windowed mode, but I set it to go fullscreen in the options, and now it force closes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by y0himba, Aug 19, 2015.

1. y0himba Win User

Minecraft Fullscreen Force Close

Hello,

I have Minecraft for Windows 10, the app. It ran fine in windowed mode, but I set it to go fullscreen in the options, and now it force closes at the Mojang title screen. I need to somehow reset the options. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, however it still retains the fullscreen option.

It is for my youngest son, so any help is appreciated. Anyone able to help?

:)

y0himba, Aug 19, 2015

2. Xbox App shows "Nothing to Record, Play some more"

I have the same problem. This has been working for months and now it doesn't work. (The game i'm trying to record is not on steam, it's Minecraft.) I did try fullscreen, it did not work. It has worked before on Minecraft.

NicholasWZ, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Cake5 Win User
    Is there a way to force close a frozen fullscreen game when Ctrl Alt Del doesn't work?

Occasionally when I'm playing a full screen game it freezes and Ctrl+Alt+Delete has no effect, the computer locks up completely and I cannot minimise or exit the frozen game. In these situations the only way to make the computer usable again is to force
    shutdown and restart. Is there another way to force something to close?

Just now, Minecraft locked up so I could look around and break blocks but could not move and could not minimise or close Minecraft, Ctrl+Alt+Del had no effect.

Cake5, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Traijan Win User

I would look in the Appdata and sub folders to see if there is a minecraft or a Microsoft games/minecraft folder that is holding your settings, then find the setting for full screen and change it back to windowed.

I can't check as I'm not at home right now, so for all I know it might be stored in the registry instead.

Appdata folder is a hidden folder so you'll have to change settings to view hidden folders.

You can also attempt (I think, I'm not positive on this) trying to hit Alt+Enter keys as soon as you start the game, hopefully before it has time to crash, I'm pretty sure there is a key combination that makes full screen games go to windowed mode and visa versa when pressed, and seem to think it's the Alt + Enter keys.

Note: It depends on the software and or game as to what Alt+Enter will do. But I thought that's what I pressed inmany games to go to full screen so maybe Microsofts developers of Win 10 edition kept the same convention. Maybe not. Give it a try anyway.

Traijan, Aug 19, 2015
  5. y0himba Win User
    I searched appdata, local, localow and roaming and could not find a Minecraft, windowsapps, or anything to do with games. I also cannot get alt+enter to work, although I know that it is the right key combo.

Thank you for the reply.

y0himba, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Minecraft Fullscreen Force Close - Similar Threads - Minecraft Fullscreen Force

2. Stuttering after closing fullscreen application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuttering after closing fullscreen application: I have dual monitors and when I close a full-screen application games, most often my primary monitor has heavy stuttering. I have updated all drivers, tried new cords, tried swapping cords, checking refresh rates. The problem goes away if I change the refresh rate of the...
  3. Stuttering after closing fullscreen application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering after closing fullscreen application: I have dual monitors and when I close a full-screen application games, most often my primary monitor has heavy stuttering. I have updated all drivers, tried new cords, tried swapping cords, checking refresh rates. The problem goes away if I change the refresh rate of the...
  4. Stuttering after closing fullscreen application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Forced out of fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced out of fullscreen apps: When I enter full screen in some games, they force tab me out of said game. It seems to only happen with games with launchers, like Skyrim and Minecraft. I have all the latest drivers installed. Any ideas how to fix this?...
  6. Forced out of fullscreen apps

Forced out of fullscreen apps: When I enter full screen in some games, they force tab me out of said game. It seems to only happen with games with launchers, like Skyrim and Minecraft. I have all the latest drivers installed. Any ideas how to fix this?...
  7. Minecraft fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft fullscreen: When I play Minecraft Java Edition I don't have an option to maximize the window, I only have the option to play windowed or fullscreen. The maximize button is grayed out no matter what version I play both with the new launcher and the old launcher. How do I fix this?...
  8. Minecraft fullscreen

Minecraft fullscreen: When I play Minecraft Java Edition I don't have an option to maximize the window, I only have the option to play windowed or fullscreen. The maximize button is grayed out no matter what version I play both with the new launcher and the old launcher. How do I fix this?...
  9. Is there a way to force minimize a fullscreen game?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to force minimize a fullscreen game?: Sometimes when I play a fullscreen game,then I just want to minimize it to do something else shortly. Win+D doesn't work for every game,sometimes it just freezes the game. I also tried borderless gaming so that I can make all fullscreen games borderless windowed so that I...
  10. Close and Force Close application

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Close and Force Close application: I've been using mac my whole life but yesterday I got a Dell E7450. I like it and its got track-pad gestures like macOS, though they aren't as smooth and fluid, but I'm still trying to make it as similar to my macbook as i can. The main problem is closing an application. On...