Windows 10: Minecraft PC not working on Windows 10

Discus and support Minecraft PC not working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been trying to fix this for the past hour. I have the latest drivers, yet Minecraft still says "Pixel format not accelerated". Here's the crash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LordOni, Sep 14, 2015.

1. LordOni Win User

Minecraft PC not working on Windows 10

I've been trying to fix this for the past hour. I have the latest drivers, yet Minecraft still says "Pixel format not accelerated". Here's the crash report:
    ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // Why did you do that?

Time: 9/14/15 6:16 PM
    Description: Initializing game

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:247)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)
    at ave.ap(SourceFile:534)
    at ave.am(SourceFile:363)
    at ave.a(SourceFile:310)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:124)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
    Stacktrace:
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:247)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)
    at ave.ap(SourceFile:534)
    at ave.am(SourceFile:363)

-- Initialization --
    Details:
    Stacktrace:
    at ave.a(SourceFile:310)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:124)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

-- System Details --
    Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.8.8
    Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
    CPU: <unknown>
    Java Version: 1.8.0_25, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 9658096 bytes (9 MB) / 154607616 bytes (147 MB) up to 1060372480 bytes (1011 MB)
    JVM Flags: 6 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    Launched Version: 1.8.8-OptiFine_HD_U_F3
    LWJGL: 2.9.4
    OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.
    GL Caps:
    Using VBOs: No
    Is Modded: Very likely; Jar signature invalidated
    Type: Client (map_client.txt)
    Resource Packs: mc 64.zip
    Current Language: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    CPU: <unknown>

I've looked at forums everywhere, including the minecraft forums and haven't had any luck.
    Thank you for your time

:)

LordOni, Sep 14, 2015

2. I have recently upgraded to windows 10 and when I tried to run minecraft (PC Version) It had a OpenGL Problem

I have recently upgraded to windows 10 and when I tried to run minecraft (PC Version) It had a OpenGL Problem and I was trying to fix it for the past week. I decided to consult windows 10 developers to see if they new anything. So, is there a way I can get
    minecraft pc version working again?

OP - Windows 10 and minecraft

ToriBulson, Sep 14, 2015
  3. fyndor Win User
    Redeem Minecraft Windows 10 code

I own Minecraft PC edition. I tried to redeem Minecraft Windows 10 code and it says it has already been redeemed. Not sure if maybe I did it with my old PC or not, but I own only one working PC and I would like to play the Windows 10 version of Minecraft
    on it. How do I fix this? Can I maybe revoke the old code?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Store / PC

fyndor, Sep 14, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

Have you installed the proper drivers for your hardware?

Hydranix, Sep 14, 2015
  5. LordOni Win User
    Yes, we've already tried that

LordOni, Sep 14, 2015
  6. LordOni Win User
    LordOni, Sep 14, 2015
  7. MrNeeds Win User

update your java version, you're a couple of versions behind, make sure to get the 64bit version.

MrNeeds, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Minecraft PC not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Minecraft working

2. Why wont Minecraft work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont Minecraft work?: My minecraft keeps saying i have to unlock the full game to play however i already own the game and when i click buy game it takes me to Microsoft store and says that i already own the game....
  3. Why wont Minecraft work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why wont Minecraft work?: My minecraft keeps saying i have to unlock the full game to play however i already own the game and when i click buy game it takes me to Microsoft store and says that i already own the game....
  4. Modded minecraft not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modded minecraft not working.: Minecraft was working fine, fps was good even with shaders. There was no issues until today. I tried to launch the game but it would be stuck on the minecraft loading screen and everytime the loading bar would finish, it will come back to 90% completion and it never ends even...
  5. Modded minecraft not working.

Modded minecraft not working.: Minecraft was working fine, fps was good even with shaders. There was no issues until today. I tried to launch the game but it would be stuck on the minecraft loading screen and everytime the loading bar would finish, it will come back to 90% completion and it never ends even...
  6. Ask for permission for buying minecraft not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ask for permission for buying minecraft not working: Hi I recently was trying to buy minecraft today but before i could it said "Ask for permission" so i did but my parents never got the email it said try again something happened on our end. The same thing was happening for my brother on his xbox while trying to buy xbox live....
  7. Ask for permission for buying minecraft not working

Ask for permission for buying minecraft not working: Hi I recently was trying to buy minecraft today but before i could it said "Ask for permission" so i did but my parents never got the email it said try again something happened on our end. The same thing was happening for my brother on his xbox while trying to buy xbox live....
  8. Ask for permission for minecraft not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ask for permission for minecraft not working: Hi I recently was trying to buy minecraft today but before i could it said "Ask for permission" so i did but my parents never got the email it said try again something happened on our end. Please help...
  9. Ask for permission for minecraft not working

Ask for permission for minecraft not working: Hi I recently was trying to buy minecraft today but before i could it said "Ask for permission" so i did but my parents never got the email it said try again something happened on our end. Please help...
  10. Would a windows 10 code for minecraft work with windows 11?

Would a windows 10 code for minecraft work with windows 11?: So I was rummaging through my old box full of Xbox related things and I found this unredeemed windows 10 edition beta code for minecraft. But the issue is that I have windows 11, Would this code be able to be redeemed and used on windows 11 or?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. minecraft on pc not working