Windows 10: Minecraft realms would not work because "the way my xbox account is set up"

Discus and support Minecraft realms would not work because "the way my xbox account is set up" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been trying to play on my friend's realm from my tablet originally but even after launching it through windows edition I keep getting this error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Flyjack14, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Flyjack14 Win User

Minecraft realms would not work because "the way my xbox account is set up"

I've been trying to play on my friend's realm from my tablet originally but even after launching it through windows edition I keep getting this error screen saying it couldn't connect. My friend invited my specifically while he is in the realm, tried accepting his invite but now it gave me a pop-up saying it stillcould not connect with details telling me to look through my pricacy settings. I went to it but i saw nothing that would hinder me from playing. To put it straight, I don't get it.

[Moved from: Windows 10 / Microsoft Store]

:)

Flyjack14, Aug 23, 2018

2. Minecraft Realms Windows 10 Edition

Hi Darren,

Issues with paying the Minecraft Realms on your Windows 10 PC may occur due to a network or a server connection error. Before performing any troubleshooting steps on your PC, make sure that the Xbox Live Service is up and running on this

link

If the Xbox Live Service is up and running, you may visit
    Minecraft Realms
    and perform the suggested solutions under Troubleshooting problems with Minecraft Realms.

If you are still experiencing issues joining a friend's Realm on Minecraft, you may visit this

link
    for additional support options from Mojang Support.

Should you have any other queries, you may contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Scoson Win User
    Unable to join a Minecraft realm on childs account

Hi there,

I have an adult Microsoft account for Win10 and I have created child accounts for my daughters, also on Win 10. One daughter can accept my Minecraft realm invite and join the game fine but my other child cannot on their account. I first made sure both child
    accounts had the same permission but it didn't help. Then I set the child account to full permissions but still cannot accept invite nor join the realm. I amended permissions on the general privacy tab in "family" for my daughters account and also the Xbox
    360 and Xbox One tabs, though I understand it works on the Xbox One account primarily for Win 10 Minecraft. To be clear, this is on the https://account.xbox.com/en-GB/Settings page.

We can see the invite, but when clicking on it, it says:

error: You cannot play online multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy & online safety settings on Xbox.com.

If I launch the realm on my computer, my daughter can see it in the Minecraft Friend's tab under Joinable Friends. When she joins, she gets an error message saying:

Failed attempting to join realm. Please try again later. Unable to connect to realm.

Again, my other daughter can access this fine and I've tried amending every setting in both the Microsoft Family and the Xbox website setting, but no joy.

We are all on the same version of Windows 10 Minecraft and also Windows 10 plus latest updates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we're entirely out of ideas and things to try now.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Family

Scoson, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Minecraft realms would not work because "the way my xbox account is set up"

Minecraft crossplay with xbox

Hi Harrison,

To be able to play online or multiplayer on Minecraft on your Windows 10 computer, you may follow the steps below:

• Launch Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta from your Start menu or desktop.
    • Click Play.
    • Click the Realms tab.
    • Click Sign In to Xbox Live to Try. If you've never logged in before, enter your email and password.
    • Click Let's play!
    • Click New Realm.
    • Type a name for your Realm.
    • Click on a duration of time you'd like your Realm to exist.
    • Click on a number of users you'd like your Realm to support.
    • Click the checkbox beside I agree to the terms and conditions.
    • Click the Create for $XX button. Depending on what you chose in the menu, you might have to pay now for the realm. If you kept the default options, it will let you create a Realm for free for a trial period.
    • Type your Microsoft account password.
    • Click Sign in.
    • Click Get.
    • Click Add Friend to invite friends from Xbox Live.
    • Click Done, Let's Play! when you're ready to go.

If the issue persists after following the steps above, you may check out the link below for more information on how to play Minecraft on Windows 10.

Click here

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Minecraft realms would not work because "the way my xbox account is set up"

1. Minecraft realms would not work because "the way my xbox account is set up" - Similar Threads - Minecraft realms xbox

2. Minecraft keeps saying my account is set up to not allow me to join my friends realm and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft keeps saying my account is set up to not allow me to join my friends realm and...: Help I need help changing it I keep getting redirected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-keeps-saying-my-account-is-set-up-to-not/ee475ca7-83ec-4660-bf25-64fcd930389c
  3. Minecraft keeps saying my account is set up to not allow me to join my friends realm and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft keeps saying my account is set up to not allow me to join my friends realm and...: Help I need help changing it I keep getting redirected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-keeps-saying-my-account-is-set-up-to-not/ee475ca7-83ec-4660-bf25-64fcd930389c
  4. I would like a refund for my Minecraft Realm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like a refund for my Minecraft Realm: So, I recently opened up Minecraft, and when I did, it displayed a message telling me my realm subscription had expired. Me, trusting that Microsoft was right and I forgot to set it up for automatic renewal, clicked to renew it and gave my debit card information. It wanted a...
  5. Minecraft Realms and Realms plus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Realms and Realms plus: My minecraft realms plus keeps automatically renewing despite having cancelled it in June and I cannot figure out how to stop it. Is there any way I can assure it doesn’t keep happening?...
  6. Minecraft Realms took my money and is not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Realms took my money and is not working: I purchased a realm for me and my friends to play and then it did not work it said "Purchase successful but unable to create realm" it has been like that for around a week. Also now when I try to create a realm it won't let me it says unable to connect to store....
  7. Minecraft Realms account - My kids account cannot access our realm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Realms account - My kids account cannot access our realm: Hello, We just added a realms account for the family and everyone but my son can log into the realm. We got the realm for him and he is the only person who cannot access the account. I have removed call content restriction on his child profile but he still cannot access...
  8. Minecraft Realms

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Minecraft Realms: I'm having a problem joining a friends realm. I'm on the Windows 10 edition and hes on the Xbox One edition and We've played together like this before when he hosts a local world. He started a realm and It gives me an error saying my settings need to be changed on xbox.com. I...
  9. Xbox privacy settings and Minecraft Realms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox privacy settings and Minecraft Realms: Hello. A friend sent me an invitation to his realm but I cannot join. It tells me I have to change my privacy settings. However, the "Join multiplayer games" option is already allowed. The only two options that are blocked are "Broadcast gameplay" and "You can create and...
  10. Minecraft realms would not work because "the way my xbox account is set up"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Minecraft realms would not work because "the way my xbox account is set up": I've been trying to play on my friend's realm from my tablet originally but even after launching it through windows edition I keep getting this error screen saying it couldn't connect. My friend invited my specifically while he is in the realm, tried accepting his invite but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you cannot play on realms because of how your

2. minecraft you cannot play on realms

3. you cannot play on realms because of how your microsoft account is set up

4. minecraft cannot play on realms,
  5. minecraft realms is not working for xbox,
  6. what to do if it says you cant play realms right now as your microsoft account is made,
  7. you cannot play on realms nectar of how,
  8. cant create minecraft realm because of the way account is set up,
  9. why can xbox not play realms,
  10. can not join relm because of way microsoft account set up,
  11. xbox one cannot play realms on minecraft,
  12. xbox settings for accounts for realms to work,
  13. cant access minecraft realms due to the way my account is set up,
  14. xbox minecraft realm not working,
  15. minecraft realms plus error you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your microsoft account is setup.