Windows 10: Minecraft scanning for games on local network not working

Discus and support Minecraft scanning for games on local network not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The only game I have had trouble with is Minecraft (Mojang version not Win 10)scanning for games on local network not working. My desktop is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Slugger, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Slugger Win User

Minecraft scanning for games on local network not working

The only game I have had trouble with is Minecraft (Mojang version not Win 10)scanning for games on local network not working.
    My desktop is an ethernet connection to an actiontec MI424-WR Rev I
    All other laptops on wireless connection can see each other. I even tried one of the laptops on Ethernet using my ethernet cable and it still works.
    I can direct connect i.e 192.168.1.6:50736 for example.

Here's what I have tried.
    - all computers are using the same version of Minecraft 1.11
    - checked firewall entries. Turned off firewall.
    - Tried port forwarding. Except this doesn't make sense because all the other laptops are connected to same router and they work without the forced port forwarding.
    - Took an empty disk drive and did a clean install of Windows 10 pro and then tried Minecraft. Scanning for games on local network does NOT WORK.
    - I have uninstalled malwarebytes and admuncher and turned off Windows defender.

Where do I go from here? All my steam games work. Maybe minecraft just doesnt work for some computers?

:)

Slugger, Nov 15, 2016

2. Xbox live login fail

Hi,

There is a way for you to play the Minecraft: Switch Edition with your friends on Switch while signed in to your Xbox Live account. There are two network modes that can be chosen from the main menu by pressing Y, Online Network,
    and Local Network. Local Network can be used to join other consoles nearby when there is no internet connection available. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• On which device are you trying to play the game?
    • Have you played the Minecraft: Switch Edition on the same device before?

For more information about Minecraft: Switch Edition, you may visit this
    link

Loraine Mon, Nov 15, 2016
  3. Minecraft Windows 10 on XBox One

Hi Taylor,

Players who already have the previous PC or Mac edition of Minecraft (running on Java) can download Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition for free.
    You can play with up to four other people running Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition or Pocket Edition on your local network.
    To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Were you able to download Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition on your PC?
    • Did you purchase a copy of Minecraft for Xbox One?

The games that you can play on your Xbox console and your PC without paying additional costs are called Xbox play Anywhere Games. You may click on this

link
    to check the list of Xbox Play Anywhere games.

You can play with up to four other people running Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition or Pocket Edition on your local network. You can also play online with up to four of your Xbox Live friends in online multiplayer gaming. If you purchased or redeemed the code
    for Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition you can only use it on a Windows 10 PC.

For more information about Minecraft on Windows 10, you may visit this
    link

Loraine Mon, Nov 15, 2016
  4. vgchat Win User

I find that inviting users on your local network works. So long as each user owns a copy and has a different Xbox account logged into windows 10.

vgchat, Nov 20, 2016
  5. Slugger Win User
    I'm talking about the original Minecraft version NOT Windows 10 Minecraft beta.

Slugger, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Minecraft scanning for games on local network not working - Similar Threads - Minecraft scanning games

2. Remote Desktop works for my local network but not outside my local network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop works for my local network but not outside my local network: My old home computer worked fine with remote desktop both in and out of my local network. I bought a new home computer with 11 pro, set up the remote desktop the same as in past and exactly as instructed and it works in my network, but does not work outside my network. I have...
  3. Remote Desktop works for my local network but not outside my local network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop works for my local network but not outside my local network: My old home computer worked fine with remote desktop both in and out of my local network. I bought a new home computer with 11 pro, set up the remote desktop the same as in past and exactly as instructed and it works in my network, but does not work outside my network. I have...
  4. Network Scanning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Scanning: Hi,Is windows firewall can detect network scanning initiated from tools like nmap/zenmap? If yes, where can I find the logs for the same.Any lead will be helpful Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-scanning/c3e49e33-114c-4a00-bfb5-db63f1c8c051
  5. Minecraft Java licenses for local client /server network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java licenses for local client /server network: Old man here trying to create a local MC Java server/client environment for my grandkids to play in the same world. Creating the server was easy, but trying to understand how to purchase the MC Java licenses for the clients is a nightmare. When doing this for child users it's...
  6. Local network

Local network: Since Microsoft removed HomeGroup I have been unable to connect my computers for File and Printer sharing. I have made sure all the settings are correct, I have found various suggestions about Services, none of which help. This is very frustrating, why can't they leave well...
  7. local network

local network: My local network does not have "homegroup" in has another group "2network" is there a way to add homegroup to this computer so I can logon to my existing network, my other computers are running win10 and win7....
  8. Local Network

Local Network: I have 2 laptops on a local network but while both are shown and connected on one laptop, only one is open, to be connected on the other laptop, despite the fact that the missing one is listed under other devices as not connected...
  9. Game works only on Local account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game works only on Local account: I recently found out that the game fallout76 only worked when i made a local account in my pc I mainly use my Microsoft account can anyone help try to fix this and make it launch on the microsoft account Thank you!...
  10. Problems in network scanning

Problems in network scanning: Good morning Using W10 build 16299.251, it's been a long time that I live with an "anomaly", ie the network scan sometimes works regularly, sometimes it does not detect anything, not even the PC itself. [img] I was forced to use a free external program such as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. minecraft scanning for games on local network

2. scanning for games on local server

3. minecraft multiplayer scanning for games on local network

4. scanning for local game minecraft,
  5. minecraft stuck on scanning for games on your local network,
  6. scanning fo games on your local,
  7. windows minecraft scanning but not connecting to local network,
  8. minecraft scanning for games on your local network not finding,
  9. minecraft scanning for games on local network not working,
  10. scanning for network on minecraft,
  11. minecraft scanning for local network not working,