Windows 10: Mini-FPS-Lags in games

Discus and support Mini-FPS-Lags in games in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Dear all, I am running Win10 Pro with a r7 260x GPU and have recently changed my setup to an e5-2670 on an MSI board. So far I did not have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gelo31415, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Gelo31415 Win User

Mini-FPS-Lags in games

Dear all,

I am running Win10 Pro with a r7 260x GPU and have recently changed my setup to an e5-2670 on an MSI board. So far I did not have to reinstall windows, as everything is running smoothly since i have removed all drivers/software that was related to the old hardware before the change.

Since i am only having this issue, i would like to avoid having to reinstall the OS.

While playing Games (tested several) I have good frame rates (30-60fps), if averaged over a second. But every second the game stops for a moment and then runs a bit faster for the next moment; Normal speed for 0.9s, stop for 0.05s, faster for 0.05s, repeat.

I have tried reinstalling the graphics driver and deactivating the anti-virus. All drivers are up to date and windows is also running with all updates.

Anyone has any suggestions, what the problem could be and how it can be fixed? (Other than a fresh install)

Thx all!
    Gelo.

:)

Gelo31415, Oct 1, 2016

2. Something wierd is going on with my laptop..

I have a problem with running games. whenever I ran one it shows 60 fps (which is good) but still lags a lot. I have a good gaming pc. but I'm not sure if it's because of the ram. I have 6 gigs I'm running the game Minecraft. I usually get 500 fps now
    it dropped down to 60 fps + lag and I don't know what to do and need help. I have Vsync turned off btw.

Jake Waterson, Oct 1, 2016
  3. @$#ISH Win User
    Using X Box one Controller for PC games

Help me out with this.... While using the X Box One controller for playing games on PC Games starts lagging.. FPS shutters down too low... Everything is okay (there isn't any lag) if I use Keyboard/mouse for playing.

@$#ISH, Oct 1, 2016
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Mini-FPS-Lags in games

What hardware has been swapped? Just microprocessor? I don't think reinstalling Windows is necessary but who knows. Sometime ago I build a PC by merging two similar PCs together and although it seemed to work fine at first, I noticed several weird issues. I installed OS from scratch and vòila, all issues went away.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 1, 2016
  5. Gelo31415 Win User
    CPU and board - actually I was surprised Windows started at all - everything seemed to work as intended the first few days but then i noticed this FPS hickup-problem!

Gelo31415, Oct 1, 2016
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Then I would do a partition backup and a clean installation.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 2, 2016
  7. Gelo31415 Win User
    Hm, clean install, no errors or problems during setup but the FPS-issue is still there - any ideas?

Gelo31415, Oct 6, 2016
  8. Gelo31415 Win User

Mini-FPS-Lags in games

Just found, that Word of Tanks runs nicely when in windowed-mode but not when full screen.
    Puzzling.

Gelo31415, Oct 6, 2016
  9. ARNaja Win User
    Is it maybe because of the incompatibility between your vga and your game? Are the required net framework, direct x, or visual c++ needed for the game already installed. Sometimes i need them for some game or to maximize the feature of the game i play.

ARNaja, Oct 6, 2016
  10. Gelo31415 Win User
    The issue is not limited to World of Tanks, its the same for Diablo 3. So far i have not found any solutions. I only have a minor lead EventID 10016 - this one is a bit tricky. Hope it will fix this issue!

Gelo31415, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Mini-FPS-Lags in games

1. Mini-FPS-Lags in games - Similar Threads - Mini FPS Lags

2. PC lags when a fps drop happens on a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC lags when a fps drop happens on a game: In my last post the fps drop did not count to the pc lagging really bad but now the pc lags and the fps drop happens a lot instead of it happening until some time while I played a game now it just happens really fast I really need help...
  3. PC lags when a fps drop happens on a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC lags when a fps drop happens on a game: In my last post the fps drop did not count to the pc lagging really bad but now the pc lags and the fps drop happens a lot instead of it happening until some time while I played a game now it just happens really fast I really need help...
  4. lag and fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag and fps drop in games: battlefield 2042 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-and-fps-drop-in-games/edbbd071-dcad-4f5e-be5e-c1ba2f7398b7
  5. lag and fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lag and fps drop in games: battlefield 2042 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-and-fps-drop-in-games/edbbd071-dcad-4f5e-be5e-c1ba2f7398b7
  6. Games Crashing after serious Audio lag and FPS drops.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games Crashing after serious Audio lag and FPS drops.: So I have recently played a lot of Apex Legends throughout the past 2 weeks and a couple of days ago my friend on discord made a very loud and weird crackling noise which made my game drop frames and my audio lag. Since that happened I couldn't play Apex Legends because it...
  7. lags und fps drops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lags und fps drops: ich habe seit 1 172 jahren einen neuen pc. Und seit den letzten updates lagt es nur noch und ich hab in games statt 180 fps nur noch 60 wie kann das sein? das ist schon mein zweiter pc bei dem das der fall ist. habe alles probiert habe sogar in games die grafik runter...
  8. Windows 10 massive lag and fps drop while gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 massive lag and fps drop while gaming: Good day guys, I have an Asus X550M with a 2.16GHz Intel Celeron Processor and subsequently Intel Graphics. I usually run older games on it just fine eg: modern warfare, prototype etc usually averaging around 20-30 fps which is playable enough for me. Recently when the May...
  9. Xbox Beta app and Microsoft Store Games FPS Lag.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Beta app and Microsoft Store Games FPS Lag.: So recently noticed that the Xbox beta app was out, installed it to my PC, and downloaded Gears 5 and The master chief collectionWhich I have on Steam also Firstly the downloads compared to any other download from any other source was incredibly slow! I had to leave Gears...
  10. FPS Lag on Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS Lag on Games: Having extremely low FPS on all online games running on Windows 10. Any solutions? 4067