Windows 10: Minidump folder gets emptied, why?

Discus and support Minidump folder gets emptied, why? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My dump files in C:Windows\Minidump keep getting deleted. I had two dump files from a week ago and now they are gone. I use CCleaner, but I have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by idahosurge, May 12, 2018.

1. Minidump folder gets emptied, why?

My dump files in C:Windows\Minidump keep getting deleted.

I had two dump files from a week ago and now they are gone.

I use CCleaner, but I have the minidump folder set to exclude from cleaning.

Any ideas why my dump files keep getting deleted?

:)

idahosurge, May 12, 2018

2. Find and dlete empty folder - not with programs

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the search returns no results for empty folders on your computers.

Kindly perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Follow these steps to run the windows in built troubleshooter:

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Search and Indexing options from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
    Troubleshooter.

Method 2

This issue may also happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly
    follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps and employ the following DISM command lines.

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 30, 2018
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 30, 2018
Thema:

Minidump folder gets emptied, why?

1. Minidump folder gets emptied, why? - Similar Threads - Minidump folder gets

2. Why are my email folders empty?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my email folders empty?: For some reason all my email folders appear empty. I have no idea if I've inadvertently changed any settings but need to recover the contents of those folders....
  3. Why are my email folders empty?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my email folders empty?: For some reason all my email folders appear empty. I have no idea if I've inadvertently changed any settings but need to recover the contents of those folders....
  4. Empty folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty folders: I uploaded folders and files to OneDrive to save them because my laptop needed a new motherboard and would be factory reset. Now I'm trying to get the items back on to my laptop but OneDrive says the folders are empty?In Files Explorer, I can see a cloud beside the items I...
  5. Empty folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty folders: I uploaded folders and files to OneDrive to save them because my laptop needed a new motherboard and would be factory reset. Now I'm trying to get the items back on to my laptop but OneDrive says the folders are empty?In Files Explorer, I can see a cloud beside the items I...
  6. Empty folders

7. Empty Folders

Empty Folders: I have a number of empty folders that I'd like to clean up in my music directory. In Windows 11, I can no longer search for 0 byte folders. How to remove them automatically?There are a number of freeware tools out there, none I've found work for Windows 11. This should be...
  8. MiniDump Folder

MiniDump Folder: I have an HP 15gdr006tx notebook. Specs as following Intel i5 8th gen 8gb ram NVIDIA MX110 2gb graphics card I was trying to locate the minidump files on my pc that are usually in C:\Windows\MiniDump folder. But when I searched the directory I found that there was no...
  9. Why is my download folder empty?

Why is my download folder empty?: I've downloaded files but my user download folder is empty. Download manager shows the files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-download-folder-empty/15a252b6-983c-4744-bd87-74d2abdbff8c"
  10. This folder is empty

This folder is empty: Hi guys, We have a Windows 10 Pro computer that for some reason seems to lose it's files on any attached USB drives. At the moment if I select properties of the USB drive I see that the USB drive has 92GB used, but opening the USB drive itself all the folders are there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. minidump folder empty windows 10

2. what if windows minidump folder is empty

3. minidump directory empty