Windows 10: Minimal audio player needed

Discus and support Minimal audio player needed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I occasionally listen to 2 hour long recorded programs on a n Acer One mini laptop. Between the machine's slowness, the short scroll/progress bar and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sidecar Bob, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Minimal audio player needed

I occasionally listen to 2 hour long recorded programs on a n Acer One mini laptop. Between the machine's slowness, the short scroll/progress bar and the fact that Groove Music will not let you adjust the window size far enough so I can't reduce it to something that lets me see what's on the desktop while it is playing, not to mention all the inherent problems it has, Groove music just doesn't do it for this application.

Does anyone know of a good, free app that will let me reduce it to a narrow bar with basic controls and a long scrollbar, set it to always in front and place it in front of an inconspicuous area of whatever window I have open?

:)

Sidecar Bob, Feb 5, 2018

2. grove music player is not showing on taskbar

windows 10 is working awesome on my pc and new video and audio players are nice bt when i play any video or audio player start fine bt dsnt shows on taskbar and when i minimize it player goes missing song is playing in bg bt player is not visible on taskbar

TanmayGhadigaonkar, Feb 5, 2018
  3. DKevW Win User
    DKevW, Feb 5, 2018
  4. Minimal audio player needed

Mark Phelps, Feb 5, 2018
  5. AndreTen Win User
    I can always recommend Xmplay for minimalistic, easy on resources player. Don't be scared by default skin. They have some nice one too.

Minimal audio player needed [​IMG]

AndreTen, Feb 5, 2018
  6. AndreTen Win User
    And of course MusicBee, if you want a complete music organizing solution. My favorite for years. You can run it in normal, Compact and Mini mode. Mini is in front of other windows, some configuration is possible.

AndreTen, Feb 5, 2018
  7. Wow, I had WinAmp years ago but when my son upgraded me to a computer with XP he changed me to XMPlayer.

When I changed everything to 10 I decided to give what came with it a chance; Groove wasn't bad at first because I could drag it into a long narrow bar so that the scrollbar was about 75% of the screen's width but then it was "improved" (or maybe I just used it until it had enough data to do it) and a bunch of other crap I don't want like the album covers of everything I have listened to in the past showed up and I can no longer reduce the height to less than about half the screen height. And to make things worse when you make the window wider the scrollbar no longer stretches longer than about 25% of the screen width. The screen on the mini laptop I'm talking about is less than 9" wide; For a 2 hour program that comes to a bit over an inch per hour, not nearly fine enough resolution to let me jump back half a minute when I miss something....

I need to make the scrollbar as wide as possible. I'm not familiar with MusicBee and I can't remember if either XMPlay or WinAmp's scrollbar got long enough if you dragged the window longer. Would any of them do that?

Sidecar Bob, Feb 6, 2018
  8. Edwin New Member

Minimal audio player needed

Edwin, Feb 6, 2018
  9. That's neat. I think I'll use WMP with the taskband as the default audio player on my desktop computers that have real monitors. The scrollbar the taskband provides is still only a couple of inches long on my 24" monitor so it will be tiny on the mini laptop but at least it has a button that brings up the full window and that can be massaged into an at least halfway decent height and the full screen width.

For the mini that is already very slow (probably not really up to Win10 Home - it shipped with Win7 Starter), at least it wouldn't require adding another application to slow it down even more.

But I'm still open to suggestions.....

Sidecar Bob, Feb 6, 2018
  10. matfx Win User
    I'm still using Zune Software because i think it is very cool and versatile media player though Microsoft have abandon it. All my music collections are managed by Zune and also i will rip CD using it. You can minimize it as a mini player on your screen, move it to anywhere you want. it operate on Windows 10 but must activate .net 3.5 first.

Here is minimize version :

Here as fully expand :

matfx, Feb 6, 2018
  11. Again a truly tiny scrollbar..... Imagine trying to move it back a few seconds if the file was 2 hours long and your screen was only 8.75" wide.....

BTW: I'm not at all interested in something to "manage" my music collection. What I have is stored in folders on my network drive and about the only time I actually listen to any of the individual songs is if I really want to hear that one specific song. Most of the time I listen to streaming radio or shows I recorded from streaming radio to time shift.

Sidecar Bob, Feb 6, 2018
  12. matfx Win User
    matfx, Feb 6, 2018
  13. Edwin New Member

You can also get a WMP 'Slim Bar' skin

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Minimal audio player needed - Similar Threads - Minimal audio player

2. Problem with color covering minimized windows and video player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with color covering minimized windows and video player: I have a problem with like color overlay covering my entire screen when playing video using any video player from windows also covering any minimized windows especially chrome browser and edge browser, some suggest disabling hardware accelerations gonna fix the problem but it...
  3. Problem with color covering minimized windows and video player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with color covering minimized windows and video player: I have a problem with like color overlay covering my entire screen when playing video using any video player from windows also covering any minimized windows especially chrome browser and edge browser, some suggest disabling hardware accelerations gonna fix the problem but it...
  4. Make MP4 audio open in audio player not video player on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make MP4 audio open in audio player not video player on Windows 10: The default video player for windows 10 was blank in settings. All of the videos opened in Movies & TV. I am having an issue where picture and audio files take a long time to open. So, I changed the default apps for those file types to see if they opened quicker. I noticed...
  5. Make MP4 audio open in audio player not video player on Windows 10

Make MP4 audio open in audio player not video player on Windows 10: The default video player for windows 10 was blank in settings. All of the videos opened in Movies & TV. I am having an issue where picture and audio files take a long time to open. So, I changed the default apps for those file types to see if they opened quicker. I noticed...
  6. Make MP4 audio open in audio player not video player on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Realtek Audio Manager Won't Start Minimized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Manager Won't Start Minimized: Restored my system image and noticed the Realtek HD Audio Manager wasn't in the system tray. In short - it wasn't loading at startup. 1 - Installed new audio drivers for 1909 and that didn't fix it. 2 - Went to C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA and created a shortcut...
  8. Need to start a program minimized

Need to start a program minimized: Hi... I made a new string on the following registry key: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run I got the program to start on windows startup. But I need it to open minimized. What do I need to do to make it open...
  9. Audio players

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Audio players: How can I find ALL audio players on my PC? I have a Dell Inspiron? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-players/f70ca516-e0ee-4085-8ab6-ecf52f65281c"
  10. Looking for Audio Player Recommendations

Looking for Audio Player Recommendations: I recently got a new audio setup and have been playing all of my ripped CDs (in WAV format) using Windows Media Player. I'm not pleased with it, to be honest. Here's why: It always starts on the exact same song The current song isn't very easily displayed. There's only one...