Windows 10: Minimize button greyed out/disabled on some programs

Discus and support Minimize button greyed out/disabled on some programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After i reboot my PC, the minimize button is greyed out or disabled for no reason on some programs. Google does not give me correct results because it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by evildog1, Nov 19, 2016.

1. evildog1 Win User

Minimize button greyed out/disabled on some programs

After i reboot my PC, the minimize button is greyed out or disabled for no reason on some programs.
    Google does not give me correct results because it gives me links to Apple sites. I hate Google
    Can someone help me restore minimize button back to normal?

Minimize button greyed out/disabled on some programs [​IMG]

:)

evildog1, Nov 19, 2016
  2. timmarek Win User

Disable button is greyed out when I try to disable a Startup program in task manager

Disable button is greyed out when I try to disable a Startup program in task manager

timmarek, Nov 19, 2016
  3. "Show App Notifications" button Cannot be Toggled on...greyed out

I am using Bitdefender AV Plus as of just recently with Windows 10 upgrade due to poor Defender reviews, and the Bitdefender program greyed out the Show App Notifications button. The program was set to let Bitdefender auto-manage my profiles, and it
    was set to "Game" which greyed out the button, and other things I imagine.

Anyway, I disabled the Auto-manage Profiles option, set my profile to "Standard", and notifications are right back on.

Hope this helps some.

WillyInArizona, Nov 19, 2016
  4. evildog1 Win User

Nevermind. I restart Explorer.exe and problem solved *Smile

evildog1, Nov 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Minimize button greyed out/disabled on some programs - Similar Threads - Minimize button greyed

2. Windows 10 minimize maximize resize close buttons greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 minimize maximize resize close buttons greyed out: I am using Win 10 normal startup in msconfig. Weird problem all the minimize, maximize, resize and close buttons for all application's dialog boxes as well as Chrome tabs 'x' buttons are greyed out and disabled. I have run sfc /scannow, dism restorehealth, scanned with MS...
  3. Windows 10 minimize maximize resize close buttons greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 minimize maximize resize close buttons greyed out: I am using Win 10 normal startup in msconfig. Weird problem all the minimize, maximize, resize and close buttons for all application's dialog boxes as well as Chrome tabs 'x' buttons are greyed out and disabled. I have run sfc /scannow, dism restorehealth, scanned with MS...
  4. Windows 10 minimize maximize resize close buttons greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. encrypt button greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    encrypt button greyed out: my encrypt button is greyed out, I have tried the options given in other people's answers but it doesnt work. please check what is wrong i cant encrypt any of my files...
  6. encrypt button greyed out

encrypt button greyed out: my encrypt button is greyed out, I have tried the options given in other people's answers but it doesnt work. please check what is wrong i cant encrypt any of my files...
  7. greyed out button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    greyed out button: i want to change my display resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 on Windows 11 but the button is greyed out so i can't do soisthere any way i can change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/greyed-out-button/8db43d0b-eea7-4b2b-91da-ea16ff26b955
  8. greyed out button

greyed out button: i want to change my display resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 on Windows 11 but the button is greyed out so i can't do soisthere any way i can change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/greyed-out-button/8db43d0b-eea7-4b2b-91da-ea16ff26b955
  9. Button greyed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Button greyed out: so i reset my computer today factory reset as i felt my computer was having problems i also recently posted about this issue and i though the reset solved it... i was able to download a free program until i logged into my account... then the grey button of death...
  10. Maximise button is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximise button is greyed out: Hello, I am working on a Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop running windows 10. I have installed some software to color calibrate the screen, however I am unable to maximise the start up screen to be able to read the directions. I have tried uninstalling the software, I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 minimize button greyed out