Windows 10: Minitool partition manager fails in W10 Pro X-64

Discus and support Minitool partition manager fails in W10 Pro X-64 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there I don't use it normally but still have it - Minitool partition manager fails in W10 X-64 pro with latest updates applied. I tend to use a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Jul 25, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Minitool partition manager fails in W10 Pro X-64

Hi there
    I don't use it normally but still have it - Minitool partition manager fails in W10 X-64 pro with latest updates applied.

I tend to use a bootable version of GPARTED which always works --

The problem with the Minitool partition manager is that if you have any Storage spaces defined it can't handle those and just crashes rather than being sensible and saying - "Unknown partition type -" and ignoring the storage space volumes.

On a similar W10 system but without storage spaces defined it works so it's obviously a problem in that area.

I use storage spaces as I can combine HDD's into a bigger volume - I'm using it as a sort of Windows software RAID 0 which also does speed up the I/O considerably - remember though if using in a RAID 0 like manner take backups as any error in the array (or storage space aggregation) and you lose the lot. I have backup and these days for average home use HDD's are reliable enough.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 25, 2018

2. Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ???

Howdy, Bree:

I successfully implemented your instructions.

Default PowerSpect 1510

Minitool partition manager fails in W10 Pro X-64 [​IMG]

I have (1) issue to resolve (see printscreen):

• Not able to CREATE more than (4) partitions on Disk 2.

Minitool partition manager fails in W10 Pro X-64 [​IMG]

Might you suggest a SOLUTION?

Thank you much in advance.

~ Alan

ab1kenobee, Jul 25, 2018
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Tabvla Win User

MiniTool Guidelines

I am considering using the MiniTool utility to manage some disks that W10 Disk Management is having some difficulty in managing. Before I go ahead with this I would be grateful for any cautions, warnings or general comments in using the product. A couple of questions....

• There are several utilities on the MiniTool website, which one should I download..?
    • Is the Free version adequate for general purpose..?
    • If not, what added functionality does the Pro version provide..?
    • Is the product forgiving of mistakes..? For example, is there an "Undo" feature..?

Thanks

T.

Tabvla, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Minitool partition manager fails in W10 Pro X-64 - Similar Threads - Minitool partition manager

2. Use Minitool to increase partition inquiry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use Minitool to increase partition inquiry: Hi, I want to increase a partition using some unallocated space on the same disk however it is on another drive letter. The image shows it. I want to give all the unallocated space after H:VIDEO to J: AUDIO. Not sure what to do. Any help please? Win 1909...
  3. MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.6 New Released : Spanish & Data Backup Added

MiniTool Partition Wizard 11.6 New Released : Spanish & Data Backup Added: MiniTool Partition wizard 11.6 New Released, For the new version, it has added Spanish as an optional language. It can be installed online and provides the free backup software MiniTool ShadowMaker and updates the Data Recovery module to its latest build. Spanish Language...
  4. Free MiniTool Partition Wizard Pro, Today only, Giveaway Of The Day

Free MiniTool Partition Wizard Pro, Today only, Giveaway Of The Day: I just installed and registered my free copy of MiniTool Partition Wizard Pro. You can get it here. Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily 145373
  5. Need to UPGRADE Win 7 Pro X 64 to Win 10 Pro X 64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to UPGRADE Win 7 Pro X 64 to Win 10 Pro X 64: Upgrading Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: Running Win 7 Pro with Service Pak 1 on a HP PC Desktop Mo h8-1360t 1.00 and I want to upgrade (not a fresh install) upgrade Win 7 Pro 64 bit to Win 10 Pro. 64 Bit Spec: Processor is Intel (R) Quad Core I-7-3770CPU 3.4 GHZ, 10 GB Mem ,...
  6. upgrade w10 home 32 bits to w10 pro 64 bits

upgrade w10 home 32 bits to w10 pro 64 bits: My computers is x64 based, with 8GB RAM (avaible 4GB ?!?) and my windows 10 home is 32 bits. Can I upgrade to windows pro 64 bits? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-w10-home-32-bits-to-w10-pro-64-bits/0c7f0fdb-6d5e-4404-8f88-7bd216715aab
  7. MiniTool Partition Wizard 9.1 Pro (100% Discount)

MiniTool Partition Wizard 9.1 Pro (100% Discount): MiniTool Partition Wizard 9.1 Pro (100% Discount) Free Activation code http://www.topsoftbargains.com/w/min...t-coupon-code/ 38548
  8. Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ???

Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ???: Howdy, ALL: In the end... simply pursueing a data partition IMAGE COPY became so time consuming... I simply copied my DATA PARTITION FOLDERS to a 32 GB 3.0 USB stick... and pasted them to the DATA PARTITION on the new PowerSpec 1510 notebook. Not the fastest or most...
  9. Spring update GB edition W10 Pro X-64

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Spring update GB edition W10 Pro X-64: Hi folks easiest install ever (did as a VM) However Network is broken -- it can't see any non Windows servers (can via IP address but doesn't work from file explorer. First screen shot is current running windows - finds and can access all computers [img] 2nd...
  10. W10 64 Bit: installation fail.

W10 64 Bit: installation fail.: Hi there I am new on this forum because I am looking to solve the problem installing W10 64 bit on my pc desktop. I have read many thread on the net but any solution adopted was good. I 've finally found this thread where one member have found how to install W10 64Bit. In...