Windows 10: Minor but very annoying bug (?) that seems to deal with keyboard and mouse

Discus and support Minor but very annoying bug (?) that seems to deal with keyboard and mouse in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! Recently I've encountered very strange problem using Windows 10. At this moment I believe it's an OS bug. It messes up with keyboard and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cuberoot, Jul 11, 2018.

1. cuberoot Win User

Minor but very annoying bug (?) that seems to deal with keyboard and mouse

Hello!

Recently I've encountered very strange problem using Windows 10. At this moment I believe it's an OS bug. It messes up with keyboard and mouse, and luckily, it is very easy to reproduce.

1. Press and hold any alphanumeric button on the keyboard.

2. Try to click on anything with mouse.

If you happen to have the same bug, your clicks will have no effect while you're holding the button and about a second after you release it.

Right now I believe that it has to deal with the latest Windows 10 update I received today (technically, not today, but about 5 hours ago). I don't recall encountering this problem yesterday and earlier.

I use a laptop keyboard and therefore it is connected to the PS/2 port. This bug works for both touch pad as a mouse (PS/2 port) and USB mouse.

My current Windows build is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, version 1803, build 17134.165.

I would like to have any confirmation on whether this is a real bug or it is has to do with something on my side.

Thank you for your attention!

:)

cuberoot, Jul 11, 2018
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jul 11, 2018
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 11, 2018
  4. chuckp55 Win User

keyboard and mouse not working

Preeti.....I think you are missing the main point here. We do not have a functioning keyboard or mouse so we can't try all these wonderful things you suggest! I am dealing with a laptop and an external mouse and keyboard make no difference. Likewise trying
    "Windows x" does nothing either. Meanwhile I have an expensive computer sitting here that can't be used! Microsoft needs to step up and do the right thing on this.

chuckp55, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Minor but very annoying bug (?) that seems to deal with keyboard and mouse - Similar Threads - Minor very annoying

2. Very weird and specially annoying mouse error/problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very weird and specially annoying mouse error/problem: This problem started out of nowhere when I was playing Sims 4 in the Microsoft 10. Suddenly I wasn't able to interact with the sims or any object, meaning the left-click wasn't working at all. I would hoover over the objects but the shadow wouldn't even appear. But I could...
  3. Very weird and specially annoying mouse error/problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very weird and specially annoying mouse error/problem: This problem started out of nowhere when I was playing Sims 4 in the Microsoft 10. Suddenly I wasn't able to interact with the sims or any object, meaning the left-click wasn't working at all. I would hoover over the objects but the shadow wouldn't even appear. But I could...
  4. Very weird and specially annoying mouse error/problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Annoying bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying bug: Hello kind friends of Reddit, hope everyone is safe and healthy. I am here to ask for your help. I am coming across a bug where when I start my pc I can open applications and everything is perfect. But after around 5-10 minutes, all services begin to stop. To expand, I mean...
  6. Mouse freezing ...sorry it seems very common

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse freezing ...sorry it seems very common: Hello, Logitec mouse, sorry mice because i just went and bought a new one to be sure. So now the wireless and the wired mice have this problem. Dell, xps15 9570 Both work fine on my surface but neither work on the Dell. After trying every solution i could find on the...
  7. Minor Bug On Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minor Bug On Desktop: Hi. I have just re-installed Windows 10 version 2004 on my laptop. After installing back my programs, and regrouping them into folders, I noticed that the Folder icons is not updated. Usually, when I put something into a folder, it would automatically update the icon to tell...
  8. Minor, annoying change in last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minor, annoying change in last update: Hi, this is a small perhaps silly issue, but one that's really bugging me. It is about the internet connectivity icon on the taskbar. Before the last update, this icon was the standard wifi icon, which showed a yellow warning if wifi was on but unable to connect, and a red...
  9. Minor Touchscreen Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minor Touchscreen Bug: I've noticed that when I right click on my desktop, sometimes the menu opens up larger for touchscreen use, other times it doesn't, about 50 50. Happens on multiple PCs. Any idea why this happens, thanks. submitted by /u/cardgamechampion [link] [comments]...
  10. Why are we having to deal with this. Is it a bug? So annoying!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why are we having to deal with this. Is it a bug? So annoying!: I don't have anything to add other than the fact that I am irritated that the Low Disk Space pop-up happens all the time, every day, several times a day. I don't have the expertise to re-write drives, or any of the other suggestions to "fix" this. Did something go awry...