Windows 10: Minor but very annoying bug (?) that seems to deal with keyboard and mouse

Discus and support Minor but very annoying bug (?) that seems to deal with keyboard and mouse in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! Recently I've encountered very strange problem using Windows 10. At this moment I believe it's an OS bug. It messes up with keyboard and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cuberoot, Jul 11, 2018.

1. cuberoot Win User

Minor but very annoying bug (?) that seems to deal with keyboard and mouse

Hello!

Recently I've encountered very strange problem using Windows 10. At this moment I believe it's an OS bug. It messes up with keyboard and mouse, and luckily, it is very easy to reproduce.

1. Press and hold any alphanumeric button on the keyboard.

2. Try to click on anything with mouse.

If you happen to have the same bug, your clicks will have no effect while you're holding the button and about a second after you release it.

Right now I believe that it has to deal with the latest Windows 10 update I received today (technically, not today, but about 5 hours ago). I don't recall encountering this problem yesterday and earlier.

I use a laptop keyboard and therefore it is connected to the PS/2 port. This bug works for both touch pad as a mouse (PS/2 port) and USB mouse.

My current Windows build is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, version 1803, build 17134.165.

I would like to have any confirmation on whether this is a real bug or it is has to do with something on my side.

Thank you for your attention!

:)

cuberoot, Jul 11, 2018
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jul 11, 2018
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 11, 2018
  4. chuckp55 Win User

keyboard and mouse not working

Preeti.....I think you are missing the main point here. We do not have a functioning keyboard or mouse so we can't try all these wonderful things you suggest! I am dealing with a laptop and an external mouse and keyboard make no difference. Likewise trying
    "Windows x" does nothing either. Meanwhile I have an expensive computer sitting here that can't be used! Microsoft needs to step up and do the right thing on this.

chuckp55, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Minor but very annoying bug (?) that seems to deal with keyboard and mouse - Similar Threads - Minor very annoying

2. Annoying bug in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying bug in Windows 10: I made a shortcut key for Snipping Tool and it won't change to anything else. I first made it the . on my number pad. Now I've changed it to F1 (Yes I did click apply). Now it says that the shortcut key is F1 but Snipping Tool won't open when I press F1. It still opens with...
  3. Keyboard language bug

Keyboard language bug: Hi, For a couple months now, I have had this new computer and I installed all the keyboards I normally use in a day (US, FR, ENG CMS, ENG CAFR, etc.). However, every time I open my computer, I only see the FR and US keyboards. To see all my keyboards I need to click on...
  4. Why are we having to deal with this. Is it a bug? So annoying!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why are we having to deal with this. Is it a bug? So annoying!: I don't have anything to add other than the fact that I am irritated that the Low Disk Space pop-up happens all the time, every day, several times a day. I don't have the expertise to re-write drives, or any of the other suggestions to "fix" this. Did something go awry...
  5. mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse and keyboard: when I turn on my asus laptop which has windows 10 installed, it doesn't ask for password but directly turns on and take me to the desktop. But then leftclick of touchpad doesn't work, External USB mouse works just fine. but then i have to press ctrl+alt+del to sign out. Now...
  6. On screen keyboard is being annoying

On screen keyboard is being annoying: It used to be the case that sometimes it was difficult to get the onscreen keyboard to come up when it was supposed to. After the latest update to Windows 10, the onscreen keyboard pops up every time I touch the screen. I am just trying to scroll on web pages or click on...
  7. Very annoying pop-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very annoying pop-up: I keep seeing this very annoying pop-up but cannot work out how to stop it. It often pops up in Wordpad or Word, and in other places too. [img] It looks as if it is for people to write on with a tablet pen and Windows then interprets the handwriting to produce text, so...
  8. Mouse seemed to go dead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse seemed to go dead: Windows 10 Home I got on my computer this morning and my mouse wouldn't do a thing. I use one of those small, wireless Logitech mice. I change battery, wiped it off with alcohol and changed battery again. I forced a shutdown, unplugged my computer and then hit the start...
  9. Windows 10 seems very promising

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 seems very promising: I just finished building a new PC, which has just about everything you can imagine. I've been using Windows 7 x64 for quite some time, never upgrading to Windows 8 or 8.1. I bought a couple of laptops lately, one of which has a touch screen, and that laptop is running 8.1, so...
  10. ISO corruption , very annoying.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ISO corruption , very annoying.: I am using the links provided by "ten forums" , i have the "https everywhere" extension enabled , could this be an issue. Thanks 16122