Windows 10: Minor log on issue

Discus and support Minor log on issue in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 on a MacBook Air via Parallels. Right from the get-go, when Win10 became available, I've had a minor logon issue. When I get to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by starflyr, Oct 11, 2016.

1. starflyr Win User

Minor log on issue

I'm using Windows 10 on a MacBook Air via Parallels. Right from the get-go, when Win10 became available, I've had a minor logon issue.

When I get to the bootup window asking for my password pin, it doesn't work. Instead, I get the following message...

User name or password is incorrect. Try again. This time I see two "correct" user names in the lower left hand quarter. Both names are the same (star flyer). If I click on the bottom one, it asks for a password which I don't know. The pin doesn't work.

If I click one the other one, in the center of the screen, it asks for my pin. When I put it in, Win10 then continues to boot. I didn't have this problem with Win7 which I was using before upgrading to Win10.

Going into setup in Win 10 accounts, it ONLY shows "star flyer". I would very much like to fix this problem. I've thought of deleting Win 10 and starting all over. Would I then have to pay for Win10 if I were to do this? I'm tempted to just delete Win10 and be done with it as the only reason I have Parallels/Win10 on the computer is to access MS Excel which I find easier to use than Mac Excel. I also have another Mac computer (iMac) that for the most part, I only run Win10 on for the same reason (MS Excel).

I'm thinking I may have caused this problem when installing Win10 by mistakenly entering the same account name twice is the setup.

:)

starflyr, Oct 11, 2016

2. Nokia update for Lumia 1020

A minor update has rolled out for the 1020 in a few countries. It only contains minor fixes most likely related to language issues.

Nokia has not provided a change log or roll out schedule do the the nature of this update.

psychomania---01, Oct 11, 2016
  3. 7thSense Win User
    AT&T 520 apparent minor OS update yesterday, what was in the update?

Those minor builds are just minor stability adjustments without any change log.

7thSense, Oct 11, 2016
Thema:

Minor log on issue

1. Minor log on issue - Similar Threads - Minor log issue

2. Minor desktop shortcut issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minor desktop shortcut issue: I cannot delete a shortcut on my PC. I get an error code and when I click try again, I still can't manage to delete it. It is an old shortcut from an already uninstalled game. What's peculiar is that in the past, I have been able to delete shortcuts of other already installed...
  3. Minor desktop shortcut issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minor desktop shortcut issue: I cannot delete a shortcut on my PC. I get an error code and when I click try again, I still can't manage to delete it. It is an old shortcut from an already uninstalled game. What's peculiar is that in the past, I have been able to delete shortcuts of other already installed...
  4. Regarding Cortana and Minor Account Issue,.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding Cortana and Minor Account Issue,.: Good Evening, I am Suvindu. I opened Cortana and I get a prompt saying my Microsoft account is a Minor although I am 15 years. Can someone help me with this issue. I really like Cortana since it is easy to schedule my work, but when this prompt comes, it is really a hassle....
  5. Some minor issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Some minor issues: I just upgraded to an asus gtx 1650 super graphics card and encounter some issues. 1) The night light in display setting can't work. 2) In device manager, under other devices, there is a pci device coming out of nowhere which doesn't have a driver for it. 3) When installing...
  6. Cortana for minors

in Cortana
    Cortana for minors: I'm thirteen years but can't sing into Cortana. Are thirteen-years old's under the age restriction? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-for-minors/63b5d36f-6e7f-476f-8319-95dba7566af1
  7. 2 monitor minor issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 monitor minor issue: Hello all. I have a tv plugged to my pc as second monitor. Thing is, boot screen would appear on my 2nd monitor (TV) instead of main monitor. Even if TV is off. I would see image once the lock screen would appear. 'Main monitor' option on Screen was selected. Solutions?...
  8. Windows 10 1903 minor issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1903 minor issues: After the Windows 10 1903 update, when I restart/shutdown PC why it does classic animate effect like the old windows xp? Also, how to skip those annoying messages after restart/shutdown? (I know there is button but it still annoying every restart/shutdown though)...
  9. Clean install issue (Very minor flickering)

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean install issue (Very minor flickering): So, I've recently clean installed my laptop using Windows 10 1809 due to it getting screwed up after a Windows 10 feature update. Everything is running smoothly except for three things. One is that whenever I boot up the laptop the Dragon Center (MSI Utility) icon will...
  10. Minor issues with autoplay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Minor issues with autoplay: Hello! When I connect a USB Flash drive or my USB hard disk I see the message "Click here to see what happens when you connect a device" as usual. Except that clicking on it does nothing! Also nothing when I click on the message in Notifications. I have enabled autoplay,...