Windows 10: Miracast and dhcp

Discus and support Miracast and dhcp in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; using Miracast to project from a laptop to a projector and it does work but there are problems - originally the laptop used dhcp (ip v4) on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 564356678789, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Miracast and dhcp

using Miracast to project from a laptop to a projector and it does work but there are problems -

originally the laptop used dhcp (ip v4) on the network, and whilst mirror screens was on it could browse the internet. However once you stop mirroring the desktop and disconnect from the projector the problems begin. It seems as though the laptop decides to use the tunnel created for the desktop projection as main dhcp even when you've gone through the disconnect procedure. Ipconfig release and ipconfig flushdns do nothing. stopping and starting the dns and dhcp services dont help. It obstinately sticks to using a 169.254.*.* address and both wifi and networking refuse to connect. The only thing you can do is manually assign an ip address!

Anyone else had this and found a solution?

:)

564356678789, Jun 30, 2016

2. Mirror performance is weak by Windows 10 miracast.

I bought a miracast device, but I found a question that mirror performances are different when I respectively use two kinds of notebook with windows10 system to operate miracast. The more high configure notebook can upgrade to window10 (WDDM2.0), when
    I use this notebook to miracast big screen by miracast device, break off after first miracast operation finish, go to miracast operation again, miracast operation is unavailable. But more low configure notebook upgrade to window10 (WDDM1.3) has never found
    this kind of question, its miracast performance is good. So I wanna know why is this? what is window10 (WDDM2.0) miracast requirement?Thanks a lot!

tonywangHK, Jun 30, 2016
  3. SpiritX MS MVP, Jun 30, 2016
Thema:

Miracast and dhcp

1. Miracast and dhcp - Similar Threads - Miracast dhcp

2. Miracast/Mirroring to TV Stick doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast/Mirroring to TV Stick doesn't work: I want to mirror my Windows 11 23H2 PC desktop to my Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max 2nd gen. The Fire TV stick is connected to a HDMI input of my BenQ 1080p video projector.Mirroring from my Samsung Android tablet to the TV stick works with the app "Smart View", which also seems...
  3. Miracast/Mirroring to TV Stick doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast/Mirroring to TV Stick doesn't work: I want to mirror my Windows 11 23H2 PC desktop to my Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max 2nd gen. The Fire TV stick is connected to a HDMI input of my BenQ 1080p video projector.Mirroring from my Samsung Android tablet to the TV stick works with the app "Smart View", which also seems...
  4. Miracast Support for Legion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast Support for Legion: I have a Lenovo Legion R5-4800H, RTX2060 and want to connect it to my Tab s9 using the "second display" function. When I do, it tries to connect, the tablet goes black screen, and then it goes back to normal. Connection is always unsuccessful.I tried it using a different...
  5. Miracast Support for Legion

Miracast Support for Legion: I have a Lenovo Legion R5-4800H, RTX2060 and want to connect it to my Tab s9 using the "second display" function. When I do, it tries to connect, the tablet goes black screen, and then it goes back to normal. Connection is always unsuccessful.I tried it using a different...
  6. Not Able to Connect to TV Through Miracast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Able to Connect to TV Through Miracast: Hello Everyone,I am trying to connect my laptop to the smart TV through Miracast, but I always get this error message "couldn't connect to your device try to reconnect through action center" even when I use the action center.I already found this question posted many times in...
  7. Not Able to Connect to TV Through Miracast

Not Able to Connect to TV Through Miracast: Hello Everyone,I am trying to connect my laptop to the smart TV through Miracast, but I always get this error message "couldn't connect to your device try to reconnect through action center" even when I use the action center.I already found this question posted many times in...
  8. Not Able to Connect to TV Through Miracast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Has there been no update to the Miracast display driver since 2006?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has there been no update to the Miracast display driver since 2006?: I've been trying to cast from my Windows 11 laptop Dell XPS 15 9500 to a TCL Roku TV and the experience has been very disappointing. When I cast, the video sometimes buffers/stutters and is blurry, glitchy or plays very slow much slower than normal. It is basically unusable....
  10. Has there been no update to the Miracast display driver since 2006?

Has there been no update to the Miracast display driver since 2006?: I've been trying to cast from my Windows 11 laptop Dell XPS 15 9500 to a TCL Roku TV and the experience has been very disappointing. When I cast, the video sometimes buffers/stutters and is blurry, glitchy or plays very slow much slower than normal. It is basically unusable....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. miracast dhcp

2. miracast dns

3. miracast dhcp no wifi

4. dhcp mirror miracast,
  5. miracast dns name,
  6. miracast windows 10 DHCP,
  7. miracast IP,
  8. dhcp miracast,
  9. miracast ip address