Windows 10: Miracast connection problems after Anniversary Update?

Discus and support Miracast connection problems after Anniversary Update? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I currently own a Sony MP-CL1 Pico Projector. This is based on the same technology as the Celluon PicoPro (same laser diode). My laptop connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ragnarok7, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Ragnarok7 Win User

Miracast connection problems after Anniversary Update?

I currently own a Sony MP-CL1 Pico Projector. This is based on the same technology as the Celluon PicoPro (same laser diode). My laptop connected to the projector last month completely fine, and I had no problems using screen mirroring.

However, one day, the function suddenly stopped working. I spent days pulling out my hair and couldn't figure out why, and would get random messages error messages on the projector saying that the "host device dropped the connection", "host device timed out", "could not establish P2P group", etc. The only thing that I could think of that has changed recently was the Anniversary Update, which was the latest and biggest update from Microsoft. (Keep in mind, I usually use my other notebook with Win7, and only use the Win10 ultrabook for screen mirroring projection and light web browsing.

I know the projector definitely works because it continues to mirror both my android phones (android M) fine. And it also has no problem working through HDMI cables (although I guess that's through a wired connection, and an unfair comparison to the wireless issue at hand).

I have tried deleting the device from the previously connected list, and tried doing fresh connections to the projector. I did notice that the computer was downloading? or installing? some type of drivers/files for the Sony MP-CL1 projector. The progress bar went all the way to the end and I didn't see any error messages.

I have tried updating my Intel HD graphics drivers, but it was already updated (15.40.26.4474). The same goes for my Intel Wireless Pro drivers too. (19.2.0)

I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with their Windows 10 mirroring function (especially after the Anniversary Update) and if they found any solutions to fix it. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

***Update***
    I don't know if this is useful information or not, but I just tried to use my notebook as a receiver display for my android phone (mirror my Android phone onto my notebook display using the "Connect" app from the Anniversary Update), and the whole phone image just gets scrambled and frozen. It seems that Miracast is just completely broken in both sending and receiving after the Anniversary Update.

I see two different errors on the notification window: 1. "Protected content cannot be viewed on device." 2. "The device that is wirelessly projecting doesn't support input from this receiver's mouse."

:)

Ragnarok7, Sep 2, 2016

2. Windows Creators Update broke Miracast

Hello,

This issue was fixed in the latest Windows 10 update, could successfully connect back to Miracast enabled devices. Looks like it was a Windows 10 issue after all Miracast connection problems after Anniversary Update? :D

Cheers!

DamianPerera, Sep 2, 2016
  3. Where is KB3176932?

According to some blog, KB3176932
    update fixed Miracast issues. (That explains why I can no longer connect to a miracast device). When can we expect this update to be aired?

Quote from the blog: "Update KB3176932 improves the Miracast capabilities in Windows 10 Anniversary Update."

TheoHallenius, Sep 2, 2016
  4. Miracast connection problems after Anniversary Update?

Any lick with this? I am having the same issues, couldnt figure out what was happening, I know it worked a couple months ago, but I really don't use it all to often. This makes sense though, it seems that everyone MA does a big update, stuff just stops working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

sparky1996, Oct 8, 2016
Thema:

Miracast connection problems after Anniversary Update?

1. Miracast connection problems after Anniversary Update? - Similar Threads - Miracast connection problems

2. Problem with miracast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with miracast: I have a acer aspire e1-531g laptop with intel pentium 2020m 2,4ghz processor, 6gb ram, intel hd graphics 4000 and nvidia geforce 710m. [IMG] idk what are the requirements for miracast, i want to show my laptop screen to my smart tv wirelessly instead of using HDMI cable....
  3. Bluetooth problems after anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth problems after anniversary update: So I have an issue with my bluetooth speakers. I basically can not pair my PC with my speakers after the anniversary update. I've been using these speakers for a while now and never had this problem. Speakers work just fine with any other device than my PC. When i'm...
  4. Windows 10 anniversary update after problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 anniversary update after problems: Hi all, thanks for dropping by my post and having a read. So.. yes by the looks of things there seems to be on various boards problems with the windows 10 anniversary update. Unfortunately I am in that camp. 2 desktops and a laptop have all been struck with the same issue....
  5. Can't see connected devices after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't see connected devices after Anniversary Update: Hey guys, so today I update my system and surprisingly, I can't see my connected devices (such as mobile phone, external hard disks, etc) under 'This PC' or elsewhere. Tried uninstalling the drivers through Device Manager, restarting, everything.. but doesn't work. And no,...
  6. Anniversary Update - Remote Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Anniversary Update - Remote Connection: Hi, One setting has moved to Settings and it's named "Change settings to allow remote connections to this computer" as shown in snapshot. I hope this check box can be controlled by a registry key and someone here can gimme that key. Just please through Registry key to use...
  7. Problem After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem After Anniversary Update: Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems. Im the Admin of my Computer. 1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it...
  8. Anniversary Update Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update Problem: I downloaded and installed the iso referenced in Dona Sarkar's announcement memo Win_10_1607_English_X64.iso dated 8/2/16. My winver shows 1607 build 14393.0. I expected it to be 14393.10. Anyone know what's up? The machine is an original upgrade from Win 8.1. I also have a...
  9. Anniversary Update Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update Problems: Hi, I've tested a few anniversary update features and although it was going to get disabled on Win 10 Pro only, on Enterprise also some tricks are not working. As usual, to save time, after each clean Windows installation, I run a number of .reg and .bat files to highly...
  10. Anniversary update problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update problems: I finally got round to installing the anniversary update once I realised there was a way to disable Cortana through the registry, and it all seemed to install without any issues. Now that it's up and running though, a couple of problems have emerged: - The regedit...