Windows 10: Miracast error?

Discus and support Miracast error? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since the cumulative update yesterday every time I boot up I get these two errors in event viewer. EventID 10 The Appx operation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Karizma, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Karizma Win User

Miracast error?

Since the cumulative update yesterday every time I boot up I get these two errors in event viewer.

EventID 10

The Appx operation 'RemovePackageAsync' on 'Windows.MiracastView_6.3.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy' failed for user 'L: ------@yahoo.com' - Deployment Remove operation with target volume C: on Package Windows.MiracastView_6.3.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy from: failed with error 0x80070490. See Troubleshooting packaging, deployment, and query of Windows Store apps (Windows) for help diagnosing app deployment issues.. (Error: Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor.)

EventID 214

'Windows.MiracastView_cw5n1h2txyewy' uninstall failed for L: ------@yahoo.com. Error: 'Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor.' (1.0938022 seconds)

Any reason why these are showing and how to fix them?

:)

Karizma, Nov 14, 2017

2. Mirror performance is weak by Windows 10 miracast.

I bought a miracast device, but I found a question that mirror performances are different when I respectively use two kinds of notebook with windows10 system to operate miracast. The more high configure notebook can upgrade to window10 (WDDM2.0), when
    I use this notebook to miracast big screen by miracast device, break off after first miracast operation finish, go to miracast operation again, miracast operation is unavailable. But more low configure notebook upgrade to window10 (WDDM1.3) has never found
    this kind of question, its miracast performance is good. So I wanna know why is this? what is window10 (WDDM2.0) miracast requirement?Thanks a lot!

tonywangHK, Nov 14, 2017
  3. SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 14, 2017
  4. tazmo8448 Win User

Miracast error?

I am also getting this error message in Event Viewer since the Fall Update (Redstone3?). This looks to be an app deployment error message in Microsoft-Windows-AppXDeploymentServer/Operational listings.
    Since I have no wireless capability, nor do I plan to have any, I just went into regedit took ownership an deleted all references to it. If you plan to use it in the future I would suggest another method. Googling around I've seen where other people have issues with it loading (or trying to) causing their PC to 'stall out' awaiting it to 'spool up'.

tazmo8448, Nov 24, 2017
  5. Gordon7 Win User
    @Karizma & @tazmo8448 - open Registry editor, Windows key + R > type regedit > click OK - go to the following
    Reg. key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\EndOfLife

In the right pane of Regedit - right click on EndOfLife and choose Delete! Close the Registry editor, - that should fix it!

This error has been solved before in this forum - see link:

Windows.MiracastView Error?

Gordon7, Nov 24, 2017
  6. tazmo8448 Win User
    thanks Gordon7... when I googled the error I got this page... your method is a lot less time consuming than mine was...wish it had of shown in Google....

tazmo8448, Nov 25, 2017
  7. Redbatman Win User
    I'am also getting these errors too. If I do this in Regedit do I risk screwing something up?

Redbatman, Nov 27, 2017
  8. tazmo8448 Win User

Miracast error?

If you drill down to EndOfLife be sure to open all the sub-folders an look for two instances of Miracast...it looks as follows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\EndOfLife\S-1-5-21-2610782532-1500699501-3633152452-1000

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\EndOfLife\S-1-5-21-2610782532-1500699501-3633152452-500

THEN right click on the references to Miracast an Delete those...I found by deleting EndOfLife itself caused more issues.

tazmo8448, Nov 28, 2017
  9. tazmo8448 Win User
    Even though following the above tip (EndOfLife thing) I still get Windows.Miracast errors with the following Event Viewer report:

The Appx operation 'RemovePackageAsync' on 'Windows.MiracastView_6.3.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy' failed for user 'Trixie' - error 0x80070032: AppX Deployment Remove operation on package Windows.MiracastView_6.3.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy from: C:\Windows\MiracastView failed. This app is part of Windows and cannot be uninstalled on a per-user basis. An administrator can attempt to remove the app from the computer using Turn Windows Features on or off. However, it may not be possible to uninstall the app.. (Error: Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor.)

It should also read 'Removing it from the Registry will not cause it to go away.'

It seems that the older 1703 Miracast folder needs to be found an placed in lieu of the newest one for Windows to remove it via a DISM command line. Googling all over for this I'm seeing IT sites discussing this very thing my problem is I don't have another PC running 1703 nor know anyone that does. At this point in time it seems windows is telling me 'we know your machine can't run it but we can't remove it (an neither can you)'

tazmo8448, Nov 28, 2017
  10. tazmo8448 Win User
    Even though following the above tip (EndOfLife thing) I still get Windows.Miracast errors with the following Event Viewer report:

The Appx operation 'RemovePackageAsync' on 'Windows.MiracastView_6.3.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy' failed for user 'Trixie' - error 0x80070032: AppX Deployment Remove operation on package Windows.MiracastView_6.3.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy from: C:\Windows\MiracastView failed. This app is part of Windows and cannot be uninstalled on a per-user basis. An administrator can attempt to remove the app from the computer using Turn Windows Features on or off. However, it may not be possible to uninstall the app.. (Error: Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor.)

It should also read 'Removing it from the Registry will not cause it to go away.'

It seems that the older 1703 Miracast folder needs to be found an placed in lieu of the newest one for Windows to remove it via a DISM command line. Googling all over for this I'm seeing IT sites discussing this very thing my problem is I don't have another PC running 1703 nor know anyone that does. At this point in time it seems windows is telling me 'we know your machine can't run it but we can't remove it (an neither can you)'

tazmo8448, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Miracast error?

1. Miracast error? - Similar Threads - Miracast error

2. Miracast/Mirroring to TV Stick doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast/Mirroring to TV Stick doesn't work: I want to mirror my Windows 11 23H2 PC desktop to my Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max 2nd gen. The Fire TV stick is connected to a HDMI input of my BenQ 1080p video projector.Mirroring from my Samsung Android tablet to the TV stick works with the app "Smart View", which also seems...
  3. Miracast/Mirroring to TV Stick doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast/Mirroring to TV Stick doesn't work: I want to mirror my Windows 11 23H2 PC desktop to my Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max 2nd gen. The Fire TV stick is connected to a HDMI input of my BenQ 1080p video projector.Mirroring from my Samsung Android tablet to the TV stick works with the app "Smart View", which also seems...
  4. Miracast Support for Legion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast Support for Legion: I have a Lenovo Legion R5-4800H, RTX2060 and want to connect it to my Tab s9 using the "second display" function. When I do, it tries to connect, the tablet goes black screen, and then it goes back to normal. Connection is always unsuccessful.I tried it using a different...
  5. Miracast Support for Legion

Miracast Support for Legion: I have a Lenovo Legion R5-4800H, RTX2060 and want to connect it to my Tab s9 using the "second display" function. When I do, it tries to connect, the tablet goes black screen, and then it goes back to normal. Connection is always unsuccessful.I tried it using a different...
  6. Not Able to Connect to TV Through Miracast

Not Able to Connect to TV Through Miracast: Hello Everyone,I am trying to connect my laptop to the smart TV through Miracast, but I always get this error message "couldn't connect to your device try to reconnect through action center" even when I use the action center.I already found this question posted many times in...
  7. Your PC doesn’t support Miracast – Windows 10 error

in Windows 10 News
    Your PC doesn’t support Miracast – Windows 10 error: [ATTACH]Some Windows 10 PC users have been encountering the Your PC or mobile device doesn’t support Miracast, so it can’t project wirelessly error when trying to […] This post Your PC doesn’t support Miracast – Windows 10 error is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Miracast Error When Connecting to Panasonic Viera TV: "Input Device Disconnected."

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Miracast Error When Connecting to Panasonic Viera TV: "Input Device Disconnected.": Hello, I have ]Lenovo Thinkpad T460 up-to-date Windows 10 and latest display and WIFI drivers. The notebook is Miracast compatible. Below is DxDiag output: ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 7/30/2018, 20:24:18...
  9. Miracast View error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Miracast View error: [IMG]Happened after recent update. Don't know how to fix this...can anybody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/miracast-view-error/6afe582b-5a29-48a9-8c14-64d1e2f505ef
  10. Samsung TV And Miracast Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Samsung TV And Miracast Error: Hello Fellow Windows Users. I tryed to use "windows key"+"k" to use Screen mirroring and i get the next message on the TV: video data is not supported On windows it say connected and on the TV Its keeps Saying Loading i get crazy from it because the tv and laptop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i am getting a new message in the connect app of the new administrator account:the device doesnt support miracast so you cant project to it wirelessly how to fix

2. miracast error in event viewer