Windows 10: Miracast not working on AMD laptop

Discus and support Miracast not working on AMD laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using an HP AMD Pavilion g6 laptop (kill me now) and I am trying to wirelessly cast my screen to my Samsung 6 Series TV. The TV supports WiFi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheYolocaust, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Miracast not working on AMD laptop

I am using an HP AMD Pavilion g6 laptop (kill me now) and I am trying to wirelessly cast my screen to my Samsung 6 Series TV. The TV supports WiFi Direct. When I press WinKey + K and select my TV, it says "Connecting" and then "Disconnecting" followed by a few screen flashes. I am running the latest device drivers for both my graphics card and WiFi adapter. DXDiag says: "Miracast: Available, with HDCP". I have tried everything including checking firewall settings and I cannot fix it still.

:)

TheYolocaust, Nov 23, 2016

2. Cast diplay on non miracast devices

I have two laptops. Both are Windows 10. Neither are Miracast compatible. I have a tablet that is Miracast compatible. The tablet works fine with the flatscreen TV's, being that both are Miracast compatible. The laptops don't. First, is there an app,
    that can be downloaded to the two laptops, giving them Miracast availability for Wi-Fi? Second question,,,,,,to go "wired", do all I need to do is hook up a cable between a laptop and the flatscreen tv, plus prepare settings on the laptops, to receive
    a "second screen"? Will VGA to HDMI work? Or, VGA to USB? Thanks for your assistance.

Rusty in Metairie, LA

Original title: Miracast and Non-Miracast Laptops

RustyPancamo, Nov 23, 2016
  3. LenHomer Win User
    ms wireless display adapter

Will a ms wireless adapter which uses Miracast tech work between my AMD powered PC and my LG smart TV?

LenHomer, Nov 23, 2016
  4. bra10n Win User

Miracast not working on AMD laptop

Hi,
    I did have trouble casting to a Sony Bravia (KDL-32W6704)...
    What worked for me was selecting the 'Screen Mirroring' input on the TV if you have such an input. (I know it sounds obvious but I'm not sure that all TV's have such an input.)

If you have a screen mirroring equivalent I *suggest* casting will only work when using this input. Here using any other inputs and casting fails with "Try to connect again" type message.

HTH

bra10n, Nov 23, 2016
  5. The problem still persists even when I select my computer as the input.

TheYolocaust, Nov 23, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    The reason that it does not work on AMD machines, is because AMD went on a different direction to try and develop their version. Wireless Display | AMD
    Now Google and Wifi alliance are pushing it back to one platform across all devices, no matter what the OS, chipset, web browser, display. 8.1 was supposed to support AMD's version. 10 did not.

Miracast has become a dead technology, just like when Intel and Microsoft tried to push Intel's version that failed out of the gate.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Miracast not working on AMD laptop

1. Miracast not working on AMD laptop - Similar Threads - Miracast working AMD

2. Miracast between laptop and PC not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast between laptop and PC not working: Hi there.I've been trying to connect my laptop to my PC to serve as a kind of extra monitor through miracast but my PC cannot find my laptop in the connect screen.I have both a wifi and bluetooth adaptater on my PC and have checked that both devices have miracast...
  3. Miracast between laptop and PC not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast between laptop and PC not working: Hi there.I've been trying to connect my laptop to my PC to serve as a kind of extra monitor through miracast but my PC cannot find my laptop in the connect screen.I have both a wifi and bluetooth adaptater on my PC and have checked that both devices have miracast...
  4. Miracast not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Miracast not working.: So, I have "Miracast" and "Miracast - connect to Sony tv" apps on my windows installed. 10e wasted. I can't connect my laptop to tv, because Select device - dropdown menus are both empty. Target and Source menus. Any ideas why the app doesn't find devices? Even the Source,...
  5. Miracast not working on PC

Miracast not working on PC: My PC and TV are connected to the same router over ethernet. However, when I go to the notification panel and click project it says "Your PC or mobile device doesn't support Miracast, so it can't project wirelessly". I checked DxDiag and it says "Miracast: Available, with...
  6. Miracast doesn't work properly

Miracast doesn't work properly: I'm trying to connect my PC to a TV. When I try to connect it shows up on both the PC and the TV but it fails after couple seconds. Any suggestions on the fix? submitted by /u/Eroscuk [link] [comments]...
  7. Activate Miracast on laptop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Activate Miracast on laptop: Windows 10, just updated, HP Pavilion Laptop, Intel I5 CPU. TV is Sony XBR55X850C Goal: Connect my laptop to the TV so I can display stuff on the TV. It is a UHD 4K TV. Problem: I have visited multiple site with a search that includes “windows 10” and keep getting...
  8. Miracast not working (Green Screen)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Miracast not working (Green Screen): Hello, i bought (Anycast M2) two days ago it works fine with my (Samsung Note 9) and (Iphone 8 Plus) but when i connect it to my Laptop (HP 250 G6 Notebook) it only shows a green screen the audio works i tried it with my TV and Projector both have the same problem, i...
  9. Miracast Stopped Working For No Reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast Stopped Working For No Reason: I want to use my laptop as a second monitor, and using Miracast it worked. But after I ended the connection, I couldn't find my laptop on my PC. I checked on the Connect app, and both worked, but I couldn't connect to or find my laptop. I've tried removing my laptop from my...
  10. Microsoft display adapter not working on non miracast laptop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Microsoft display adapter not working on non miracast laptop: MY DEVICE DETAIL Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: Dell Inc. System Model: Inspiron N5010 BIOS: BIOS Date: 01/09/10 15:17:22 Ver: 08.00.10...