Windows 10: Mirosoft Edge - Add Home button via Group Policy or Registry

Discus and support Mirosoft Edge - Add Home button via Group Policy or Registry in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, I am in need of help. Need to get the Home button and the URL set via GPO or Registry for Edge. The device is joined to the domain and I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TG09, Oct 4, 2017.

1. TG09 Win User

Mirosoft Edge - Add Home button via Group Policy or Registry

Hi all,

I am in need of help. Need to get the Home button and the URL set via GPO or Registry for Edge.
    The device is joined to the domain and I have found some registry settings, but it does not seem to work.
    Even though the registry settings have been applied.

Anyone out there has any ideas or tried and tested method to set this.

:)

TG09, Oct 4, 2017

2. Disable Flash in Edge Browser - Group Policy / Script / Unattend?

There is no pre-defined Group Policy Template with an option to Disable Flash in Edge.

Microsoft seem intent on limiting what an administrator can easily control, and have even blocked a number of Group Policy settings from applying on the Pro SKU of Windows 10 v1607. It's a worrying trend.

However, you can create a Group Policy Preference (rather than a Policy) and hardcode the Registry string and value.

This will achieve exactly what you want, and the setting will be distributed via normal Group Policy processing.

It will tattoo the Registry - whereas Group Policy doesn't.

JamesWillmott, Oct 4, 2017
  3. Turn off or Disable Edge Swipe / Gestures on tablet?

registry doesn't work Mirosoft Edge - Add Home button via Group Policy or Registry :(

Local group policy editor only available in Win Enterprise/Pro an not in Home edition

When will Microsoft add a simple setting to Disable fraking swipe ?

Dreams-of-Space, Oct 4, 2017
  4. Mirosoft Edge - Add Home button via Group Policy or Registry

FreeBooter, Oct 4, 2017
  5. TG09 Win User
    TG09, Oct 4, 2017
  6. Far as i know there is no such a registry value that will add the home button to edge and set it's URL path.

FreeBooter, Oct 4, 2017
  7. TG09 Win User
    TG09, Oct 4, 2017
  8. Mirosoft Edge - Add Home button via Group Policy or Registry

The registry file i have uploaded works all you have to do is replace the "http://www.redmond.com/" with your home button page.

FreeBooter, Oct 4, 2017
  9. TG09 Win User
    Don't really want to violate the poilcy, but will try it in my lab.

Cheers for the replies

TG09, Oct 5, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    You don't seem to need that bit in the .reg file, I've tested it and it works without it. You only appear to need the "HomeButtonEnabled" and "HomeButtonPage" bits.

Thema:

Mirosoft Edge - Add Home button via Group Policy or Registry

1. Mirosoft Edge - Add Home button via Group Policy or Registry - Similar Threads - Mirosoft Edge Add

2. How to add a Windows Update group policy in the registry editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a Windows Update group policy in the registry editor: Hi,I need to configure a NoAutoUpdate setting for windows update.However WindowsUpdate policy is missing in the registry editor. My understanding is that it should be here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\but that the WindowsUpdate registry key doesn't...
  3. How to add a Windows Update group policy in the registry editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a Windows Update group policy in the registry editor: Hi,I need to configure a NoAutoUpdate setting for windows update.However WindowsUpdate policy is missing in the registry editor. My understanding is that it should be here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\but that the WindowsUpdate registry key doesn't...
  4. Turn on App & browser control via Group Policy or the registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on App & browser control via Group Policy or the registry: In the latest version of Windows 10 Pro 20H2 at the moment, is there a way to turn on App & browser control via LOCAL Group Policy or the registry? I need "On" to be the default when a new user logs into a computer.I know how to turn it on while logged into an account but...
  5. Turn on App & browser control via Group Policy or the registry

Turn on App & browser control via Group Policy or the registry: In the latest version of Windows 10 Pro 20H2 at the moment, is there a way to turn on App & browser control via LOCAL Group Policy or the registry? I need "On" to be the default when a new user logs into a computer.I know how to turn it on while logged into an account but...
  6. Turn on App & browser control via Group Policy or the registry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOR TO WIN 10 HOME?

in Windows 10 Customization
    ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOR TO WIN 10 HOME?: I can not get windows 10 Home group policy . how to ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOT TO WIN 10 HOME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-group-policy-editor-to-win-10-home/57e475e7-49a2-48df-a694-edf706b352f3
  8. ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOR TO WIN 10 HOME?

ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOR TO WIN 10 HOME?: I can not get windows 10 Home group policy . how to ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOT TO WIN 10 HOME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-group-policy-editor-to-win-10-home/57e475e7-49a2-48df-a694-edf706b352f3
  9. ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOR TO WIN 10 HOME?

in Windows 10 Customization
    ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOR TO WIN 10 HOME?: Is there a simple and safe way to install "Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc on my Win 10 Home Edition PC version 1909? I viewed an ItechTips article that had three methods, including a zip file installer didn't work another method with a powershell script, which was discouraged...
  10. ADD GROUP POLICY TO WINDOWS 10 HOME EDITION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ADD GROUP POLICY TO WINDOWS 10 HOME EDITION: Last week I enabled group policy editor to windows 10 home edition . I have tested on HP all in one desktop runs i3 6100T 3.2Ghz I can upload the script to enable group policy editor. I don't kNow whether its work with later editions 1607, 1709 and 1803....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Edge homebutton reg