Windows 10: Mirosoft Edge - Add Home button via Group Policy or Registry

Discus and support Mirosoft Edge - Add Home button via Group Policy or Registry in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, I am in need of help. Need to get the Home button and the URL set via GPO or Registry for Edge. The device is joined to the domain and I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TG09, Oct 4, 2017.

1. TG09 Win User

Mirosoft Edge - Add Home button via Group Policy or Registry

Hi all,

I am in need of help. Need to get the Home button and the URL set via GPO or Registry for Edge.
    The device is joined to the domain and I have found some registry settings, but it does not seem to work.
    Even though the registry settings have been applied.

Anyone out there has any ideas or tried and tested method to set this.

:)

TG09, Oct 4, 2017

2. Disable Flash in Edge Browser - Group Policy / Script / Unattend?

There is no pre-defined Group Policy Template with an option to Disable Flash in Edge.

Microsoft seem intent on limiting what an administrator can easily control, and have even blocked a number of Group Policy settings from applying on the Pro SKU of Windows 10 v1607. It's a worrying trend.

However, you can create a Group Policy Preference (rather than a Policy) and hardcode the Registry string and value.

This will achieve exactly what you want, and the setting will be distributed via normal Group Policy processing.

It will tattoo the Registry - whereas Group Policy doesn't.

JamesWillmott, Oct 4, 2017
  3. Turn off or Disable Edge Swipe / Gestures on tablet?

registry doesn't work Mirosoft Edge - Add Home button via Group Policy or Registry :(

Local group policy editor only available in Win Enterprise/Pro an not in Home edition

When will Microsoft add a simple setting to Disable fraking swipe ?

Dreams-of-Space, Oct 4, 2017
  4. Mirosoft Edge - Add Home button via Group Policy or Registry

FreeBooter, Oct 4, 2017
  5. TG09 Win User
    TG09, Oct 4, 2017
  6. Far as i know there is no such a registry value that will add the home button to edge and set it's URL path.

FreeBooter, Oct 4, 2017
  7. TG09 Win User
    TG09, Oct 4, 2017
  8. Mirosoft Edge - Add Home button via Group Policy or Registry

The registry file i have uploaded works all you have to do is replace the "http://www.redmond.com/" with your home button page.

FreeBooter, Oct 4, 2017
  9. TG09 Win User
    Don't really want to violate the poilcy, but will try it in my lab.

Cheers for the replies

TG09, Oct 5, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    You don't seem to need that bit in the .reg file, I've tested it and it works without it. You only appear to need the "HomeButtonEnabled" and "HomeButtonPage" bits.

Thema:

Mirosoft Edge - Add Home button via Group Policy or Registry

1. Mirosoft Edge - Add Home button via Group Policy or Registry - Similar Threads - Mirosoft Edge Add

2. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Group Policy: Is Notify For Download And Notify For Install still available? If not, should I change to Notify for Download and Auto Install or the other way around? 139897
  3. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy: Hi, I have Windows 10 Home 1803. I need to install a software (Xprotect Essentials+) which fails with the message on enabling "specify settings for optional component installation and component repair" and WSUS in Group Policy. I figured that gpedit was missing, so I...
  4. How to block Microsoft Edge through Group Policy or Registry or Appblocker

How to block Microsoft Edge through Group Policy or Registry or Appblocker: Hello, We have to block Microsoft Edge because our DLP product is not compatible with Edge browser and tried too many thing but unable to block this application. Seems like Microsoft trying to forcely use Edge browser but before do that you should compatible with other...
  5. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Group Policy: A user accidentally moved a group of domain computers out of the tree. In the mean time users started logging in. During this time the Group Policy was being pushed, but no users received it. Once the computers group was placed back in the tree and gpupdate enforced, all...
  6. IS THERE WAY TO MODIFY VIA GROUP POLICY OR BY REGISTRY KEY SO THAT TO INSTALL ONLY WHQL...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IS THERE WAY TO MODIFY VIA GROUP POLICY OR BY REGISTRY KEY SO THAT TO INSTALL ONLY WHQL...: I want to modify the registry key so that non WHQL drivers should not install on windows 10 1809, If i try to install non WHQL device drivers. it must and should give errors or should give blocked messages. Please give the advice to block non WHQL device driver, while...
  7. ADD GROUP POLICY TO WINDOWS 10 HOME EDITION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ADD GROUP POLICY TO WINDOWS 10 HOME EDITION: Last week I enabled group policy editor to windows 10 home edition . I have tested on HP all in one desktop runs i3 6100T 3.2Ghz I can upload the script to enable group policy editor. I don't kNow whether its work with later editions 1607, 1709 and 1803....
  8. Group Policy on home machine?!?!?!?!?

Group Policy on home machine?!?!?!?!?: Ok, I have a gaming machine at home that was running W7. I upgraded to W10. It went from W7 Ultimate to W10 Pro, which is fine. Not long after that, I ran into some issues that I was unable to correct, sfc /scannow was failing, and I couldn't get DISM to read the source...
  9. Edge Home button...

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Home button...: Strike 2 here.... Still have no Home button. And I've turned on the add Home button in advanced settings. I even followed a link I saw on this web site to add it to the registry.... still no home button. Do I have a faulty Edge here?*Redface 20528
  10. Group policy :/

in Windows 10 Support
    Group policy :/: Thanks to @topgundcp Update W-10 manually Which got me piddling around with the whole group/ user policy crap I have found to get rid of the silly lock screen at startup *Party Did think I got rid of some of the annoying web search from the search but seems the new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Edge homebutton reg