Windows 10: missing address bar in Firefox 50

Discus and support missing address bar in Firefox 50 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I realize this may not be the most obvious place to be asking this question, but I've already spent more than enough time in the Mozilla help files... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by txakura, Nov 25, 2016.

1. txakura Win User

missing address bar in Firefox 50

I realize this may not be the most obvious place to be asking this question, but I've already spent more than enough time in the Mozilla help files without finding an answer, so... Can anyone tell me how to restore the address bar in Firefox? I've even gone so far as uninstalling Firefox and re-installing it, but still no address bar. If you are wondering, the address bar is below the line that shows the URL you are currently viewing and contains other site addresses you can access. Chrome has one in an identical location, if you're interested.

:)

txakura, Nov 25, 2016

2. missing address bar in ie

So are you saying it goes into full screen mode all the time?

press on the screen with your stylus and uncheck full screen

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Nov 25, 2016
  3. cmyt25 Win User
    missing address bar in ie

When using Internet Explorer on my Tilt 8925, the address bar in Internet Explorer disappears and I have to close IE and open it again to get it back. How can this be fixed so the address bar does not disappear?

cmyt25, Nov 25, 2016
  4. missing address bar in Firefox 50

Hi:

First (and most important) question: What version of Fx (current one is 50.0.0)?

Next: what happens when you launch Firefox in Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)?

Next, AFAIK there's no "official" feature called the "address bar" in Firefox.
    There are (as per the attached screenshot):
    • Navigation toolbar
    • Menu bar
    • Additional toolbar
    • Bookmarks toolbar
    • Add-on bar
    Depending on the user's customized settings/preferences, installed add-ons (especially CTR) and other choices, it will all look different on every computer: different toolbars will be enabled and/or located in different places.

ALSO: if you changed something in the Firefox settings, reinstalling the PROGRAM probably will not fix that. Those settings/preferences are stored in the user's profile. So, you would need to either "fix" your profile, or create a new profile, or wipe it all out (including both the program & your profile) to start from scratch.

In order to get back to default settings or to restore the feature you're missing, you can try to work your way through THIS TUTORIAL that includes:

Hope this helps, for starters.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 26, 2016
  5. txakura Win User
    You're right, not "address bar", but "bookmarks tool bar" which I found when I (finally) looked in View in the "Menu Tool Bar". Nothing simple about finding things anymore.

...and the Firefox version I'm running is 50.0. Since I have automatic updates turned on, it should always be the most current.

txakura, Nov 26, 2016
  6. Hi:

Yes, it is confusing these days. The folks at Mozilla often seem to change things just for the sake of change.

For the record, you can always RIGHT-click in an open area of the navigation bar to bring up the "Customize" window from the available dropdown menu (as in my previous shot).
    (You can also get there from the Menu Bar or Menu button > ""Options" > "Customize".)

From there, you can click the "Restore Defaults", then "Exit Customize"
    (see new screen shot).
    (Mine is not the default appearance because I use CTR, a terrific add-on that restores many of the "old" features.)

So, are you all set now finding the BOOKMARKS bar???*Smile

MM

P.S. You were actually correct. The other bar is OFFICIALLY called the "URL bar", "location bar" or "awesome bar" (a term that never caught on, for good reason). But most folks still call it the "address bar", as opposed to the "search bar".
    Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars | Firefox Help
    Awesome Bar - Search your Firefox bookmarks, history and tabs from the address bar | Firefox Help
    Search the web from the address bar | Firefox Help

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

missing address bar in Firefox 50

1. missing address bar in Firefox 50 - Similar Threads - missing address bar

2. File Explorer Address Bar Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Address Bar Missing: I just recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I noticed that the address bar is missing whenever I try to upload a file, I've tried to look in the options and found nothing that could change it. The File Explorer address missing...
  3. File Explorer Address Bar Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Address Bar Missing: I just recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I noticed that the address bar is missing whenever I try to upload a file, I've tried to look in the options and found nothing that could change it. The File Explorer address missing...
  4. How to resize the Address Bar focus in Firefox build 75

in Browsers and Email
    How to resize the Address Bar focus in Firefox build 75: Hi all - In Firefox 75 additional "focus" was placed on the Address Bar, so when you click on it, the box expands. I have found this very annoying and researched the problem, so that it can be reversed. Just follow these steps: 1) Type about:config in the browser's address...
  5. Firefox scroll bar missing on some websites

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox scroll bar missing on some websites: Hi Folks An odd issue - When using Firefox I notice that on some websites the scrollbar is missing & the page will not scroll using the mousewheel. Everything is up to date. A particular website where this happens is: The Quietus Any suggestions welcome. 129767
  6. Firefox..move tabs below address bar

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox..move tabs below address bar: Win10 64 pro Firefox 65 64bit I'm having a problem moving the tab bar down. I originally did it when 57 came out but now I have totally forgotten how. I have posted on a number of other Firefox related forums but no luck. Under profiles I have a file... chrome and in...
  7. Firefox..move tabs below address bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Firefox..move tabs below address bar: Win10 64 pro Firefox 65 64bit I'm having a problem moving the tab bar down. I originally did it when 57 came out but now I have totally forgotten how. I have posted on a number of other Firefox related forums but no luck. Under profiles I have a file... chrome and in...
  8. Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search

in Browsers and Email
    Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search: I am using Firefox 61.0.2 under W10. If I type a search term in the Search Bar, it searches using Bing just as I set it up. Fine. However, if I want to search by putting a term in the Address Bar it insists on using Google. I don't want that, I want Bing. Is there anyway I...
  9. Firefox Address Bar Suggestions

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Address Bar Suggestions: I have recently deleted my Firefox history, including cookies, cache and everything else. I went back to the beginning of all-time just to make sure there was nothing left. But I'm still faced with a dilemma, whenever I type a single letter, say R for example, it...
  10. Blurry address bar font in Firefox in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Blurry address bar font in Firefox in Windows 10: Hi all, I have recently installed Windows 10 and the latest version of Firefox. There is one strange thing about the address bar: its font is blurry when compared to FF on Windows 7. Please have a look at these two screenshots: Windows 7: [img] Windows 10:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lost address bar firefox

2. address bar on firegox gone