Windows 10: Missing Aniversary Update

Discus and support Missing Aniversary Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Howdy. I work for a small IT firm and we have been auditing our clients. In this audit we have found a large percentage that have never received the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BradTheGeek, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Missing Aniversary Update

Howdy. I work for a small IT firm and we have been auditing our clients. In this audit we have found a large percentage that have never received the anniversary update.

One client in particular with over 50 PCs (Win 10 pro) has about 60% still on build 10586. I have spot checked some of these PCs and they are getting cumulative updates with no failures but still no Anniversary update. Checking for updates reveals that the PC is up to date. Defer upgrades is not on, and there is no Group Policy in place that should affect this.

On one I tried to force the Anniversary Update by using the upgrade assistant, and it got stuck at 98% for over 5 hours. This particular PC had some other strange windows issues, so it could be an outlier and we decided to wipe and reload this particular PC.

I will be attempting to upgrade some of the others today. However, has anyone seen anything like this? Do you have any pointers as to why? With the creators update coming, and who know what in the future, I assume that MS will eventually stop supporting older builds like they did with Win 8/8.1 and I want to ensure our clients are not stuck in that position.

Thanks for any pointers.

(Edit for typos)

:)

BradTheGeek, Mar 22, 2017

2. After anniversary update, steam vr hangs

Hi.

Does anyone has solved a problem with Steam VR hanging after aniversary update using GTX 1080?

Aniversary update problems with GTX 1080 and SteamVR- Original Title

RaivisVansovičs, Mar 22, 2017
  3. Get windows 10 iso before aniversary update

I am looking for a Windows 10 iso version before aniversary update, After getting the aniversary update my computer freezes regularly and i have to force shutdown it. i did every thing , including updated drivers and reset my pc but no success , it still
    freezes.

So i believe the only solution is to go back to version before aniversary update, i did a system cleanup which removed the option of going back to previouse version .

The iso that i download using media creation tool are the aniversary update, where can i get the older iso of windows 10

FawadMirzad, Mar 22, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Missing Aniversary Update

At this stage, from one point of view I'd say don't spend time on the anniversary upgrade+ large subsequent cumulative update, and wait for the creator's upgrade - BUT - on the other hand, best wait for the dust to settle on the creator's upgrade on the 'Fools rush in' principle. I'd allow a couple of months before applying the Creator's upgrade.

There are many reports of difficulty applying the anniversary upgrade which you can research on this forum (just search e.g. "Solved anniversary update failed" or "anniversary update failed" and elsewhere- sometimes this is resolved by first doing an in-place upgrade repair install.

Example case (solved):
    Anniversary Update Failure
    https://www.tenforums.com/installation-upgrade/58463-anniversary-update-no-go-here-2.html

You can try checking the appropriate log files of course.

Also make sure there's at least 500Mb of unallocated space on the system drive.

dalchina, Mar 22, 2017
  5. Thanks for the reply. I had searched and found that thread but it did not really help. My problems are two-fold.

1. More from curisosity, why is Windows itself not detecting/attempting the upgrade that was released in August 2016. The googlinator states that the plans were to have it completely rolled out by Dec 2016.

2. The main solution presented in that thread is to use the ISO. These machines are spread across 5 offices in the state. We mostly manage them remotely and using the ISO will require a much larger amount of travel and on-site time, where if I can make it work remotely I can just monitor upgrades while working on other tasks.

6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Mar 22, 2017
  7. No. That was one of the first things I checked, defer is not on. I even tried turning it on and off again just to see. I looked through event logs, checked group policy settings on the DC, tried checking a probem PC with SFC, and then I hit a wall.

You mentioned appropriate log files. Can you point me to some other than event viewer. Maybe CBS log, but not sure if that is the right place to look.

FWIW Google and an imaging program are some of my best friends. I use terabyte tools Image for Windows and Image for Linux. I have a 36GB server I built just to keep system images for machines that hit our shop. Other than failed drives, imaging a PC is step one one anything that walks through the door.

8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Mar 22, 2017
  9. I was thinking about WSUS myself but like you I do not have much experience with it. However I have managed to force update 2 of the PCs remotely today without the ISO, so the one that would not may have been an outlier.

Now I have a logistics issue in scheduling the attempt for all of these, but that is something I can manage!

Thanks.

10. Bree New Member
    Defer is no longer available for 1607, not now that it's on Current Branch for Business.
    Windows 10 1607 is now a Current Branch for Business (CBB) release

1607 being CBB also triggered end of support for 1507.
    No more updates to original Win 10 version 1507/10240 after 26 March?

Looks like support for 1511 will continue until 60 days after the Creators Update becomes CBB, so at least you have plenty of time to sort out your upgrade issues.

11. erpster4 Win User
    No. Support for v1511 will continue almost indefinitely until Microsoft makes an official announcement as to when they'll stop issuing updates (aka "end of servicing") for Win10 v1511. MS only made an announcement for the end of support for v1507 only, not for v1511.

erpster4, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing Aniversary Update - Similar Threads - Missing Aniversary Update

2. Re-activation of Windows 10 aniversary update when changig dead cpu

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-activation of Windows 10 aniversary update when changig dead cpu: Hi guys, I'm in need of some advise on windows 10 and new component. Backstory: Recently I have checked that CPU is fried and I do not have a habit for backup. I was running on Windows 10 which was a free upgrade from my Original Window 7. I'm looking to get a new...
  3. Searching for ISO of Windows 10 x32 build 1607 (Aniversary Update/Redstone 1) or earlier build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Searching for ISO of Windows 10 x32 build 1607 (Aniversary Update/Redstone 1) or earlier build: Hi, I've contacted Microsoft Support and was recommended to post request for ISO here. I need this specific windows build file [ISO of Windows 10 x32 build 1607 (Aniversary Update/Redstone 1) or earlier] for my old tablet with Atom processor. It has to be version of...
  4. Request for ISO Windows 10 x32 build 1607 (Aniversary Update/Redstone 1) or earlier

Request for ISO Windows 10 x32 build 1607 (Aniversary Update/Redstone 1) or earlier: Hi, I've contacted Microsoft Support and was recommended to post request for ISO here. I need this specific windows build file [ISO of Windows 10 x32 build 1607 (Aniversary Update/Redstone 1) or earlier] for my old tablet with Atom processor. It has to be version of...
  5. Missed update.

Missed update.: Have just noticed that update KB4457128 was never done successfuly. All other subsequent updates are ok. Should I try to re-start this update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missed-update/a4f3472f-1200-4ed6-a65f-34e7698028ce
  6. Check for Updates is missing

Check for Updates is missing: Hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction. I've been working with a handful of Windows 10 boxes through the various releases of the tech preview to clean installs using RTM media and I've had a recurring problem. Normally, to get to Windows Updates, I click on...
  7. another aniversary update failue but with a different "presentation"

another aniversary update failue but with a different "presentation": At least I think it's different...my eyes are bleeding from looking for answers and I may well have missed it. In my case, the update runs, system restarts, installs update, shuts down with message installing updates, restarts with installing updates message, looks like it...
  8. Aniversary Update

Aniversary Update: I run a Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit from Belgium. Reguarly I check for updates: the last system one was on 10 Aug 2016: "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3176493)". I expected the Aniversary Update (02 Aug 2016). Winver says I still...
  9. WIN10 [10586]. Will direct format to 14393 (aniversary) activate?

WIN10 [10586]. Will direct format to 14393 (aniversary) activate?: I'm running right now WIN10 version 10586 (activated of course) on my laptop. I want to manually update to the aniversary update (14393), and I've thought it's the right timing to also do a full format & reinstall WIN10 on the way. Just to make sure: If I will create...
  10. can't delete items in microsoft calander after aniversary update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't delete items in microsoft calander after aniversary update: i had just started playing with win 10 calander before the anniversary update installed. Now i can't get rid of the junk i put on there--3 which were done daily for a year any help[ is appreciated thanks 66310