Windows 10: Missing App Tile ICONs

Discus and support Missing App Tile ICONs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings! I'm experiencing an odd issue with my Surface Book with Performance Base where occasionally some of the Start Menu Tiles are missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Durahl, May 21, 2017.

1. Durahl Win User

Missing App Tile ICONs

Greetings!

I'm experiencing an odd issue with my Surface Book with Performance Base where occasionally some of the Start Menu Tiles are missing their ICONs after returning from sleep.

The Tile itself is still there and when triggered will successfully launch the associated App but it's a blanc one without the Icon identifying the App.

Apparently this issue plagues both native Tiles like the Microsoft Mail, Store, Edge, etc... Apps as well as custom Tiles made with programs like Pin More.

Any ideas what might cause this and/or how to fix it?
    Could this be an NVidia Driver Issue? I've installed the most recent one from NVidia using GeForce Experience.

Thanks in advance =)

:)

Durahl, May 21, 2017

2. Start menu tiles are missing their icons

On Windows 10, the tiles in the Start menu for a few apps are missing their icons, as shown in this image:

Missing App Tile ICONs [​IMG]

Sometimes an app tile may be missing altogether.
    Is there a way to get the icons back?

Bennet Martin, May 21, 2017
  3. navio1973 Win User
    Nokia XL after the update to 1.2.3.1 missing some tiles/icons

After the update to 1.2.3.1, some tiles/icons are disappeared, but the app are not uninstalled.

it seems that all missing tiles are the app installed on the memory card.

navio1973, May 21, 2017
  4. kimkl Win User

Missing App Tile ICONs

Yea i went into the new app menu clicked the once either missing or defect select advanced opens new window select reset, it reset the app and stored info, so heads up but all back well almost photos still has no icon no matter how often i reset it but every other app the reset worked

kimkl, May 21, 2017
  5. Durahl Win User
    What new app menu are you talking about?
    Or what do you mean when you say you're resetting the App?

Durahl, May 21, 2017
  6. Durahl Win User
    Never mind... Found it - Lets see how it'll work out.

Durahl, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Missing App Tile ICONs

1. Missing App Tile ICONs - Similar Threads - Missing App Tile

2. All Tiles / Apps Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    All Tiles / Apps Missing: I have a cheap little RCA notebook and i accidentaly turned off the GUI. so i have no start tiles, no message board, no way to access BT or anything. i googled it but the method to turn it on doesn't work because not all options are present. Windows 10 update isnt even...
  3. tile icon of preinstalled apps are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    tile icon of preinstalled apps are missing: hi I have an Asus tuf laptop and I bought it in December 2020 till January mid it was normal but after that, the tile icon image of preinstalled apps are missing, I tried every possible thing I can do like I checked for updates and I did all the updates available still it was...
  4. weather tile missing

weather tile missing: my weather app works and is on start up menu on the left and in the system tray. I brushed my fingers across the tiles somehow the other day and it caused the weather tile to disappear. How did i get the TILE back in the tiles display? I'd rather not do much to fix this if...
  5. Tiles and Icons

Tiles and Icons: Why won't my Alienware laptop running an Intel I7-6500U CPU @ 2.50 Ghz, 8 GB ram, 500 GB Hard drive, 64 bit with touch screen. Windows 10 version 1903, with OS build 18362.836. Why won't it save to tiles anymore after last update? Either need ability to have desktop icons or...
  6. Startup Menu tile icon missing

Startup Menu tile icon missing: Tile of UWP apps does not show icon in startup menu, the tile is blank and just display background colors. Name of app could be displayed only when in medium size. Other informations: 1. Only newly installed UWP apps have this problem. 2. Before the problem shows up, I...
  7. Microsoft News tile icon missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft News tile icon missing: My Microsoft News icon has gone blank. How can I restore the picture? ***Original title: Windows 10 News Icon*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news-tile-icon-missing/cc773e7c-eee6-49a4-9ac8-8f7ef115d978
  8. Office 365 app tiles not showing icons

Office 365 app tiles not showing icons: Highlighted blank start tiles are, l-r respectively, Office 365 Access, Excel, OneNote, and PowerPoint. I can resize them and see the icons. Until the next time I logout. [IMG] Install was a CTR download, not via Store. You'd think at least the Microsoft stuff would...
  9. No icon on tile

No icon on tile: When I pin the Crome exe to start menu all is well, but if I change the size to small it will lose the icon and tile is faded? Anyone have a fix for this? 32331
  10. Icons and Tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons and Tiles: I have wondered why tile has become the key word for what used to be icon? Is there really a difference other than size? Programs have become apps. I know tablets changed our reference words but when an app has more code than some programs isn't it really a program? I...