Windows 10: Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Discus and support Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The title explains it, I did the free upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 & all the above apps are nowhere to be found. Not on the alphabetical list or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by robinpe, Jul 5, 2016.

1. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

The title explains it, I did the free upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 & all the above apps are nowhere to be found. Not on the alphabetical list or within the Start tiles. I have done searches on this site & on Google, but no luck. Any suggestions please, before I despair & go back to 8.1.

:)

robinpe, Jul 5, 2016

2. missing apps in start up menu on win 10

I too am missing some default apps, namely: Store, People, Camera, Photos & Games. I have tried several suggestions from searches & forums all to no avail. Surely MS should be interested as to whether you are able to use the 'Store' app if nothing else.

RobinPerrett, Jul 5, 2016
  3. After level 2 tech support apps and programs still not opening.

Auto updated prior to several apps not functioning. Since tech support reinstalled Windows 10 app store no longer working. Calculator, Alarms & clock, X box HP smart, Money, News, Movies & TV, Windows Store apps opens window sending me to Windows Store.
    Photos, Calendar, Camera, Feedback hub, Groove Music, Mail, HP explore, Maps, Messaging, Mixed Reality Portal, OneNote, Paid Wifi & cell, Paint 3d, People, Phone not opening. Some programs came with Windows 7 and many with original Windows 10 upgrade. Service
    Registration is missing or corrupt not fixed by Update Troubleshooting. Tech support level one & two has installed Windows 10 twice to no avail.

William G Grubb, Jul 5, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

There should be a listing for All Apps at the bottom of the List below File Explorer, and Power.

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10 [​IMG]

spunk, Jul 5, 2016
  5. robinpe Win User
    Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jul 6, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    Go to Start/Search and type CMD, right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing system files.

spunk, Jul 6, 2016
  7. robinpe Win User
    Hi again spunk,
    I did that scan, it returned 'Windows Resource Protection didn't find any integrity violations'. And it didn't solve the problem of the missing default apps/tiles. Thanks anyway for the suggestion!

robinpe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10 - Similar Threads - Missing apps Store

2. Windows 10 Photo App - People tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Photo App - People tab: I love the People Tab on the photo app, however when I tag each group with the name of the person, it won't stay. It does for a while and then It forgets it. Don't know the time frame, it's retained because I don't look at it frequently. Anybody have an answer?...
  3. Photos app not recognizing people

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app not recognizing people: I've been trying the new photos people face recognition app and it seems quite inconsistent/ One time it works OK and now it doesn't work at all. I've had it running for several days and its not collected a single face. I've tried turning it on and off, uninstalling and...
  4. People App Missing

People App Missing: Windows 10 ver 20H2 I have grown used to having the People App show on my taskbar for years. On my new installation it does not. In-fact it does not appear any where on the Start List. But it does show up fully populated and working in Outlook.Com as well as Mail. What do I...
  5. "People" feature of Photos app

"People" feature of Photos app: The "People" feature in the Photos app is only showing photos up to February 2018. How do I get that "People" feature to add photos taken after that date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-feature-of-photos-app/f96cef5d-d822-42b0-ba76-3b303590c500
  6. PHOTOS - People and Albums now missing

PHOTOS - People and Albums now missing: I did a backup and restore of my computer. All my photos are available but my large database of 45,359 photos are no longer in albums and the hundreds of people tagged that data is missing. I spent about two years shorting all the photos when I moved to Windows Photos from...
  7. Photo App people tagging

Photo App people tagging: I have installed a new hard drive with a clean install of Windows 10 Home, Version 1809. I was hoping the photo app would re-scan my photos and tag them, but it seems to have halted with less than twenty photos tagged. The app does show all photos in my Pictures folder....
  8. Windows 10 LTSC Upgrade - Missing Photo App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 LTSC Upgrade - Missing Photo App: Hello, We recently started to deploy Windows 10 LTSC as it addressed the indexing issues that resided in 2016 LTSB. I discovered today that the Windows 10 LTSC 2019 build (version 1809) is missing the default photo app. It is opening all JPEGs in paint. This issue didn't...
  9. People tags in Microsoft Photo app from Store

People tags in Microsoft Photo app from Store: If I tag people in the Microsoft Photo app from Store. the tags are computer specific. They don't get written into the files EXIF data. So if you use that same photo on other devices (or just put it on onedrive and use it on mutliple pc's), all the tags are lost. How can we...
  10. Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10

Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10: Hi there - I'm using a Surface 2 Pro running Windows 10 and noticed yesterday that a number of apps are simply not working when I log in using my profile (I am the user administrator on the machine, there are three other normal user accounts - family members) The apps that...