Windows 10: Missing data from Programs and Features

Discus and support Missing data from Programs and Features in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Some genius from Microsoft Office 365 support did something in my control panel having to do with mail setup and user accounts to try and fix my Office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rangervegas, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Missing data from Programs and Features

Some genius from Microsoft Office 365 support did something in my control panel having to do with mail setup and user accounts to try and fix my Office 365 install. <dident work BTW I found the solution on my own>

After he did this almost every time I open Programs And Features to see what's installed and when the screen is missing some of the data. The program names are there, and the size for most of them, which I know some programs in there just don't show a size correctly. But the major item missing that is driving me nuts is the install date is missing for every program in there.

Sometimes it will appear when I open Programs and Features but for the life of me I can't think of what random element is occuring that is making the install dates reappear. I have tried everything I can think of but there really isn't much info on the web about this happening to people, let alone what could be causing it.

Any ideas to get this data back and get it to stay would be welcome. I am attaching a screenshot of what my window looks like right now.

Thank You

:)

rangervegas, Dec 26, 2016

2. programs and features missing from the start list in windows 10

Hi Roberto,

For us to effectively assist you, can you confirm if you are trying to access Programs and Features? If yes, have you tried clicking on
    Start and type in Programs and features? That should also show on the list for you to click on it.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Dec 26, 2016
  3. programs and features missing from the start list in windows 10

programs and features missing from the start list in windows 10

RobertoCastillo2013, Dec 26, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Missing data from Programs and Features

The header seems strange to me. You have "Type" , "Length", "Date" which I don't have and cannot set them to show. However, to show extra column(s), right click on the header and put a tick mark on the column(s) that you want to show, see screen shot:

Missing data from Programs and Features [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 26, 2016
  5. You are exactly right. Somehow that setting of what columns show up on the page is getting reset to a default explorer view for some reason. Once I found the right columns to show, all the info is still there. "Date" confused me because I dident remember there was another option that showed "Installed On"

Thank you for the fast reply and easy solution. I guess my brain just dident realize even in a system window like that the columns could be adjusted. *Biggrin*Redface

rangervegas, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Missing data from Programs and Features

1. Missing data from Programs and Features - Similar Threads - Missing data Programs

2. Program cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Features: So I have this old version of Photoshop that I wanted to uninstall. Adobe does not have an Uninstall.exe, so I tried to uninstall it from the program list and nothing happens. I tried running the setup again, because sometimes they can overwrite the broken program and then I...
  3. Program cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Features: So I have this old version of Photoshop that I wanted to uninstall. Adobe does not have an Uninstall.exe, so I tried to uninstall it from the program list and nothing happens. I tried running the setup again, because sometimes they can overwrite the broken program and then I...
  4. Exporting data from the "programs and features" list in windows

Exporting data from the "programs and features" list in windows: I want to export the data in the different columns in the windows menu "programs and features" as seen in the picture in the link below. It's also possible to display other columns about each install by pressing "more..." in the drop down menu.LINK:...
  5. Exporting data from the "programs and features" list in windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exporting data from the "programs and features" list in windows: I want to export the data in the different columns in the windows menu "programs and features" as seen in the picture in the link below. It's also possible to display other columns about each install by pressing "more..." in the drop down menu.LINK:...
  6. Exporting data from the "programs and features" list in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Program missing from Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program missing from Programs and Features: I want to uninstall iTunes but it isn't in the list of programs in Programs and Features. I have an icon for iTunes which opens the program successfully so I know it is installed. How do I uninstall it?...
  8. Missing Programs, Features and documents.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Missing Programs, Features and documents.: Hi All, I installed windows 10 around 1 month ago, and last week when I logged into my computer, ALL my files, programs etc. where missing. I managed to find them deep in the C:, users, name, Microsoft etc under recent items and put them all back into the correct...
  9. Lots of programs are missing from the Programs & Features list

Lots of programs are missing from the Programs & Features list: Just noticed when I was about to upgrade one of my applications by starting to uninstall the current version that it wasn't no longer in the list of installed programs and lots of other programs are gone too. Did some Google searching for this problem and noticed I was far...
  10. Missing icons in programs and features and changing names

Missing icons in programs and features and changing names: Some of my programs icons are missing in programs and features. They are also missing from the start menu. How do I get them back again? I also want to change the name of some of the programs installed on my computer. Solution: right click on a program in the start menu...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows Programs and Features export