Windows 10: Missing desktop FOLDER with many sub folders and other documents

Discus and support Missing desktop FOLDER with many sub folders and other documents in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have lost a folder off my desktop which contains vital information. I have checked my deleted items folder and it is not there. I have done a system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Miss Piggy, May 24, 2016.

1. Missing desktop FOLDER with many sub folders and other documents

I have lost a folder off my desktop which contains vital information. I have checked my deleted items folder and it is not there. I have done a system search and it does not pop up, although two sub folders pop up, but they are both empty. What on earth has happened!!?

Please can anybody help - I am frantic to recover the information.*Confused*Sad

:)

Miss Piggy, May 24, 2016
  2. John Sarc Win User

Eliminte sub-folder

Hi Bobby,

The "Document - Document" stated above means that the Document folder has a sub-folder named Document.

The Document folder under This PC, or Desktop can also have a sub-folder.

Let us know if you have any questions.

John Sarc, May 24, 2016
  3. Mabeem Win User
    Lost Personal files with Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade

I just completed upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It indicated the upgrade was successful. When I try to retrieve some of the personal files, I notice a large number of files are missing.

During the upgrade, there were no prompts giving the option of saving/transferring personal files (documents, photos, etc.). The assumption was personal folders will fully be copied.

Per some of the suggestions made by MS technical support, I look at Windows.Old folder in C: drive.

The folder structure exists. The folder labeled as "Documents" is completely empty.

I expected to see all personal sub-folders be stored under "This PC" -->"Documents" folder. Some of the folders were moved peroperly, others are missing. Some of the personal sub-folders are missing the more recent files. The patter of missing files is very
    inconsistent. In some folders the missing data goes back to 2014 and others go back to 2013 or 2012!!!!

Please advise if there are any methods of recovering the missing data. Would uninstalling Windows 10 help with the recovery?

Mabeem, May 24, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Missing desktop FOLDER with many sub folders and other documents

Do you know the name of the folder? If so install Everything Search. Let it run after install then type the name of the folder in the input area at the top. If it's anywhere. Everything will find it.

Ztruker, May 25, 2016
  5. Thanks. I installed 'Recuver' and have found everything. Thank heavens!

Miss Piggy, May 25, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I just save the ISOs. I can always create a USB flash drive to install from if I ever need it.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Missing desktop FOLDER with many sub folders and other documents

1. Missing desktop FOLDER with many sub folders and other documents - Similar Threads - Missing desktop FOLDER

2. Desktop and documents folders empty or missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and documents folders empty or missing: Hello, I've built a PC about 5 years ago, and finally had the need to upgrade this past week. I ended up swapping out most components, only re-using the case and fans. After my new PC was fully set up, I installed Windows 10 Pro and all applications on my new SSD. I kept my...
  3. Desktop and documents folders empty or missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop and documents folders empty or missing: Hello, I've built a PC about 5 years ago, and finally had the need to upgrade this past week. I ended up swapping out most components, only re-using the case and fans. After my new PC was fully set up, I installed Windows 10 Pro and all applications on my new SSD. I kept my...
  4. Desktop and documents folders empty or missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Documents And Desktop folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents And Desktop folders: Hi,My friend helped me to build a pc recently and I have had a problem where my documents and desktop folders are merged into one. Would really appreciate any ways of suggestions for fixing.Thanks...
  6. Have too many sub folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Have too many sub folders: Windows 10 PC I find the filing system extremely unfriendly. I have too many subfolders, Google search basically tells me "tough luck Should have not made so many folders. IE if you have made too many subfolders you are stuck with them. Example: my music folders had folder...
  7. Missing 'Documents' folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing 'Documents' folder: I just booted up my new PC with an SSD primary drive and a secondary HDD for storage. I was attempting to relocate my default user folders (Documents, Downloads, Music, etc) to the HDD and somehow screwed it up. I started with the Documents folder and realized I had messed...
  8. Unable to save anything to Document folder and sub folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to save anything to Document folder and sub folder: I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro using the method outlined here. Basically I used an ISO which I made via a download from MS. Now I am unable to save any kind of file to my Document folder or sub-folder. I get access denied. Looks like MS lied again. This method was to save...
  9. Documents folder to desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder to desktop: W10, home version. I don't know why, but my Documents folder has disappeared from the desktop but is still available in the Start menu. How can I move it back to the desktop? Thanks for any replies. 124788
  10. documents downloads and other folders missing from home folder in This PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    documents downloads and other folders missing from home folder in This PC: When I open File Explorer and go to my home folder, I do not see many folders like Documents, Downloads, Music, Video, etc... The folders do exist -- like if I go to C:\Users\nacho\Downloads but they do not show in the home folder view. I've followed many online articles...