Windows 10: Missing disks dev man shows 4HDD's Diskpart and Windows only show 1

Discus and support Missing disks dev man shows 4HDD's Diskpart and Windows only show 1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks I've 3 HDD's managed as a storage space and 1 HDD for Windows and a second partition D on it. Bios at start shows 4 HDD's, Device manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Aug 28, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Missing disks dev man shows 4HDD's Diskpart and Windows only show 1

Hi folks

I've 3 HDD's managed as a storage space and 1 HDD for Windows and a second partition D on it.

Bios at start shows 4 HDD's, Device manager shows 4 internal HDD's, DISKPART only shows 1 , File manager only shows 1 , computer management shows 1

Missing disks  dev man  shows 4HDD's  Diskpart and Windows only show 1 [​IMG]

Whats up and how to I get access to the drives (booting up a Linux system on a USB shows that all 4 HDD's are working correctly).

Is it some hose up with storage spaces -- boot into insider build 17746 - all disks show up, boot into standard current Windows I don't see the HDD's. Even if storage spaces changed or something I ought to get at least undefined or Raw volume or something.

I know the HDD's are all good -- booting insider build 17746 shows all 4 with total read / write access and all files OK.

I'm sure some other people would assume HDD's faulty -- has Ms got a secret deal with Western Digital or something to get users to buy more HDD's. !!!!

:)

jimbo45, Aug 28, 2018

2. Disk showing in Disk Management, But not DiskPart

Hello!

So, today I was doing a friend a favor, he had an old 1TB hard drive with important photos on it. He said he would appreciate it if I could move the photos to a different hard drive.

So, I hooked it up to my self-built PC (with a SATA port) and it didn't show up in file explorer.

So, I checked Disk Management to see if it would show up there, and it did. I later realized why it didn't show up in file explorer (Because it didn't have a drive letter). In Disk Management, I right clicked the primary partition only to find that it wouldn't
    let me assign a drive letter.

I remembered there was another way to assign drive letters, with DiskPart. So I typed this into Command Prompt:

diskpart > list volume

In DiskPart, It showed the drive's EFI system partition (partition 1) but not the (Healthy) Primary Partition (partition 2).

Also in DiskPart, I could type "list disk" and it would show me the 1TB drive, if I then typed "list partition" it would show me the different partitions, but wouldn't let me assign a drive letter to them.

In summary, Disk Management showed the partition, but wouldn't assign a drive letter. DiskPart showed the partition 1, but not the primary partition.

My objective is to show the photos located on the 1TB drive's 2nd partition without erasing it.

I would be happy to add pictures if necessary.

Thanks!

John-Louis Barton, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Petros3D Win User
    Win 7 showing 746gb for 3tb drive?

Hi all.
    Here is simple way to convert MBR to GPT in in Windows 7 only in 5 steps in Command Prompt !!!

• Open a command prompt (Go to Start, Programs, Accessories and then click Run as Administrator on Command Prompt ) and type diskpart.

• DISKPART> type list disk. (To see all your conected hard drives)

• DISKPART> type select disk. (Choice the number of the disk from the list that you will change like <in my case was "3">)

• DISKPART> type clean. (This will delete all partitions or volumes on the this disk).

• DISKPART> type convert gpt
    THATS IT !!!
    Now you have a whole hard disk space at one unallocated part in GPT partition and you can make any new type volume (one ore more)

P.P. - for windows ver:
    Windows 95/98, 2000, NT 4 - No
    Windows XP 64-bit can use GPT disks for data only.
    Windows XP 32-bit will see only the Protective MBR. The EE partition will not be mounted or otherwise exposed to application software.
    Windows Vista & Windows 7 (all versions) can use GPT partitioned disks for data. Booting is only supported for 64-bit editions on UEFI-based systems.

Petros

Petros3D, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Missing disks dev man shows 4HDD's Diskpart and Windows only show 1

Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Missing disks  dev man  shows 4HDD's  Diskpart and Windows only show 1 partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

Missing disks dev man shows 4HDD's Diskpart and Windows only show 1

1. Missing disks dev man shows 4HDD's Diskpart and Windows only show 1 - Similar Threads - Missing disks dev

2. External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart: Hi, recently I wanted to format my fat32 external hard disk to NTFS. I copied the files and in between the copy was stopped and my laptop was hanged, when I unplugged the external hard disk the hang issue was sorted. When I again inserted my hard disk, it hung again, somehow,...
  3. External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart: Hi, recently I wanted to format my fat32 external hard disk to NTFS. I copied the files and in between the copy was stopped and my laptop was hanged, when I unplugged the external hard disk the hang issue was sorted. When I again inserted my hard disk, it hung again, somehow,...
  4. Hi, why is diskpart showing disk 2 instead of disk 1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, why is diskpart showing disk 2 instead of disk 1?: My C Drive is 0, but why is my backup drive 2? Shouldn't it be 1?Windows 11 Pro Latest version 21H2 22000.194 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-why-is-diskpart-showing-disk-2-instead-of-disk/5cb4c291-2d06-43cf-9418-48393c5882e0
  5. Hi, why is diskpart showing disk 2 instead of disk 1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, why is diskpart showing disk 2 instead of disk 1?: My C Drive is 0, but why is my backup drive 2? Shouldn't it be 1?Windows 11 Pro Latest version 21H2 22000.194 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-why-is-diskpart-showing-disk-2-instead-of-disk/5cb4c291-2d06-43cf-9418-48393c5882e0
  6. winload.efi missing or contains errors AND diskpart shows Disk 0 as Unallocated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    winload.efi missing or contains errors AND diskpart shows Disk 0 as Unallocated: HiI recently ~2 weeks ago installed the latest windows update on my Lenovo laptop with original/activated windows.Since then, the task manager started showing 100% disk usage.Yesterday, while normal usage, the laptop showed a blue screen saying “: an error occurred...
  7. diskpart doesn't show disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    diskpart doesn't show disk: Hey, I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air. However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion. read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see...
  8. Fix There are no fixed disks to show Diskpart error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix There are no fixed disks to show Diskpart error: [ATTACH]If you receive an error message which says — There are no fixed disks to show, when using diskpart in Windows 10/8/7, then this post […] This article Fix There are no fixed disks to show Diskpart error first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Removable USB Drive Showing as Read only in Disk Management but not in DiskPart

Removable USB Drive Showing as Read only in Disk Management but not in DiskPart: So about a year ago I made this drive into a recovery drive. However, the last time my computer had an issue that would require this drive, it didn't show up as a recovery drive when plugged in. I have decided that I would like to reuse this drive however when I attempted to...
  10. Missing disks dev man shows 4HDD's Diskpart and Windows only show 1

Missing disks dev man shows 4HDD's Diskpart and Windows only show 1: Hi folks I've 3 HDD's managed as a storage space and 1 HDD for Windows and a second partition D on it. Bios at start shows 4 HDD's, Device manager shows 4 internal HDD's, DISKPART only shows 1 , File manager only shows 1 , computer management shows 1 [img] [img]...