Windows 10: missing downloaded program.

Discus and support missing downloaded program. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have just started using windows 10 on a new PC. I have tried to download an anti virus program. It downloads and installs (well it appears to) but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pcmonkeymonks, Jan 3, 2016.

1. missing downloaded program.

Hi I have just started using windows 10 on a new PC. I have tried to download an anti virus program. It downloads and installs (well it appears to) but the program is not there when finished. Not in the programs lists or on 'remove programs' either. I cant find any way of searching the PC like I did in XP or Vista 'search for all files and folders'. Is this option still there hidden away to make things more difficult? I am at the end of my tether with this. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

:)

pcmonkeymonks, Jan 3, 2016

2. Missing files

Missing files after downloading 2 programs from the internet. Files missing are bpl inet200, LSVGAUGE D2009, RTFLabel D7, RT1200 and mia.lib. I also can not remove one of the programs downloaded because of this. I also lost sound. I downloaded driver
    but still no sound. Downloaded programs involved are Driverupdaterpro. and Wondershare Streaming Audio. Any help would be appreciated.

WendyGates, Jan 3, 2016
  3. missing .dll file Windows 10

I have downloaded several programs that worked in prior versions of windows 10 as far as .dll files go but the same programs that I download now are supposedly missing a .dll file under Windows 10.3 Professional?? Is Windows screening and disallowing these
    .dll files?

I have downloaded the individual .dll files but the program still reports them missing...

If this issue is not resolved with Microsoft then I am going back to Ubantu.

RichardWhitecrow, Jan 3, 2016
  4. missing downloaded program.

.Did your new pc come with an antivirus already installed
    Also check as Windows Defender might already be activated and windows firewall may be blocking it

hTconeM9user, Jan 3, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    If it is actually installed, try looking for it this way.
    Start button > All apps > scroll down the list............
    1. Look for the alphabet its name starts with or the name of the manufacturer such as N as in Norton.
    2. A newly installed program will have the word New in light green color on the right side next to the scroll bar.

You said "remove programs". Are you referring to Programs and Features ?
    If a program is installed, it will appear in Programs and Features. Are you saying it's not listed there ?

davidhk, Jan 3, 2016
  6. No it isn't listed anywhere either in the programs list, or programs and features. I have just turned off the firewall and its the same. Windows defender isnt listed. I had to uninstall Bullguard when I tried to install Vipre instead. I tried to download to desktop but the folder shows empty!"

7. davidhk Win User
    1. Programs and Features is for programs installed by the users.
    Windows Defender is part of the operating system. It does not need to be listed in Programs and Features.

2. What's the name of the AV you tried to install ?

3. Do you have an AV already installed before this one ? Don't count Windows Defender.

davidhk, Jan 3, 2016
  8. missing downloaded program.

As I said it was Bullguard and I had to uninstall it before trying to instal Vipre. I have been sarching for defender but cant find it. Not too happy with this OS. Cheers.

9. davidhk Win User
    I googled Vipre's compatibility with Win 10 and it apparently have compatibility issue.

I am totally ignorant with Bullguard and Vipre. So I will not make further comment on those 2.

If you are looking for Windows Defender.......
    Start button > All apps > scroll down to alphabet W > open Windows System > Windows Defender is listed there.

davidhk, Jan 3, 2016
  10. b1rd Win User
    I'm just wondering if you checked the programs folder itself for the original missing program?

I'd take a quick look at C> Program Files and C> Program Files (x86).

11. dalchina New Member
    Hi, you can use explorer to search for anything anywhere, and indexed items will be searched quickly. Anything else can take a l-o-n-g time. You have to be sure it's pointing at the folder you want the search to start from, and 'All subfolders' is selected.

I prefer to use Locate32 (and others prefer Everything from voidtools- newer and maintainted) - these build an index very quickly, and return 'instantaneous' search results.

It's possible it was downloaded to a default download folder.. depends what you actually did when you downloaded it.

dalchina, Jan 3, 2016
  12. I have contacted the program support and they are looking into it, so it may be a conflict somewhere. I will try your ideas. Thanks again.

pcmonkeymonks, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

missing downloaded program.

1. missing downloaded program. - Similar Threads - missing downloaded program

2. Missing download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing download: I purchased an upgrade from Windows 11 home to Windows 11 pro from the Microsoft store. When I click on the product link on the Order Detail in the Order History, it says the url no longer works. No help finding the download from Microsoft support. How do I get my download?...
  3. Missing download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing download: I purchased an upgrade from Windows 11 home to Windows 11 pro from the Microsoft store. When I click on the product link on the Order Detail in the Order History, it says the url no longer works. No help finding the download from Microsoft support. How do I get my download?...
  4. Missing downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing downloads: I have tried to download files from mp3jam, but nothing actually gets downloaded. The download bar looks as if its working, but nothing actually gets downloaded. I'm using the latest version of mp3jam and windiows ten. Can you help?...
  5. Missing downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing downloads: I have tried to download files from mp3jam, but nothing actually gets downloaded. The download bar looks as if its working, but nothing actually gets downloaded. I'm using the latest version of mp3jam and windiows ten. Can you help?...
  6. Missing downloads

7. Missing Download

Missing Download: I purchased the upgrade to Windows 11 Pro through the Windows Store. I never received a download link or a new product key. What do I need to do to get either of these? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-download/ee59a439-eae0-4206-8637-9b0660e2705e
  8. Missing Download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Download: I purchased the upgrade to Windows 11 Pro through the Windows Store. I never received a download link or a new product key. What do I need to do to get either of these? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-download/ee59a439-eae0-4206-8637-9b0660e2705e
  9. missing programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    missing programs: I cannot find accessories in my start up. I am trying to find out why I cannot download from the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-programs/c587f983-bac3-486e-9abc-3131d1f8ed08
  10. Program downloading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program downloading: Hello, I cannot download any of programs from Internet to PC. GoogleChrome, just block download. With message "File download is blocked by the security settings of your computer." Internet Explorer and Edge download. But Windows not starting program....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. voidtools everything isnt listed in programs windows