Windows 10: Missing Drives in Navigation Pane?

Discus and support Missing Drives in Navigation Pane? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, just got Windows 10 Technical Preview and was a little confused by this... For some reason three of my hard drives are visible in the navigation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DrLilo, Oct 9, 2014.

1. DrLilo Win User

Missing Drives in Navigation Pane?

Hello, just got Windows 10 Technical Preview and was a little confused by this... For some reason three of my hard drives are visible in the navigation pane as root items down the left, but the other four are not... What makes those three so special? How do I customize this?

:)

DrLilo, Oct 9, 2014

2. How to navigate to a point in Nokia Drive on WP ?

When using nokia drive on Windowsphone, how do you navigate to a location without knowing the address or postcode. ?

On nokia mpas on symbian you simply hold the point on the screen,and you can then either save it, navigate to it or all of the above.

unless I'm totally missing something then this functionality is totally missing on Nokia Drive what a step bakwards

If I search for a place (such as a postcode) then having found this point I look/browse the area to find car parking, there is no way to select the location to navigate there, similarly if I browse to a location, it is impossible to get it to just navigate
    to the current displayed location....

Am I right and this basic and really useful functionality has gone, or what have I missed ?

Scratch---01, Oct 9, 2014
  3. Local Disk Missing From Navigation Pane Desktop

The picture and title says it all. The navigation pane on the left shows a list of drives. The D drive is missing. It is also missing if I click on the desktop icon in the navigation pane. This desktop is a combination of the actual desktop (which doesn't
    show the drives at all) and devices, drives, network locations, etc. I have tried everything I can think of to restore it, including downloading and running the Microsoft windows file explorer fix utility.

Missing Drives in Navigation Pane? [​IMG]

SkinnedArt, Oct 9, 2014
  4. Missing Drives in Navigation Pane?

Are they all Internal Disks? Or are the ones showing on the left External Hard Drives?

JDobbsy1987, Oct 9, 2014
  5. DrLilo Win User
    Ah good point, yeah I believe those are the externals on the left. Is that it then, externals get navigation pane treatment and internals don't? Those aren't exactly portable drives I carry about with me, they're externally powered storage drives that never move, so I'd prefer they not appear on the left...

DrLilo, Oct 9, 2014
  6. I believe they are picked up as "Removable" as opposed to "Portable" and yes, it looks like that's way they are the only ones showing up on the left.

JDobbsy1987, Oct 9, 2014
  7. DrLilo Win User
    Ok well, that's a fairly satisfying answer I guess. I'd still like to know if it's possible to remove them from the list, or to add my internals... Basically I just want more control over it, cus at the mo, it seems messy to me.

DrLilo, Oct 9, 2014
  8. Missing Drives in Navigation Pane?

At the moment i can't see anything obvious on how to remove them or add the fixed disks but will look into and post back

JDobbsy1987, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Missing Drives in Navigation Pane?

1. Missing Drives in Navigation Pane? - Similar Threads - Missing Drives Navigation

2. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  3. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  4. Folders missing from Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders missing from Navigation Pane: Desktop and Download folders missing from Navigation Pane. Also There is 2 Libraries Folders in navigation pane.OS : Windows 11 Home Insider Preview, Build 25140rs...
  5. Folders missing from Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders missing from Navigation Pane: Desktop and Download folders missing from Navigation Pane. Also There is 2 Libraries Folders in navigation pane.OS : Windows 11 Home Insider Preview, Build 25140rs...
  6. Quick Access is missing in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access is missing in the navigation pane: Everything else shows up in the navigation pane like videos and pictures, but the only thing missing is the Quick Access folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-is-missing-in-the-navigation-pane/fa12ce12-1b60-4c86-ace5-d0617d2a165a
  7. extra drives in navigation pane of explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extra drives in navigation pane of explorer: yes , I use "Remove_Drives_from_Navigation_Pane.reg" after every major update puts them back. But I haven't found a good purpose in Microsoft having 2 copies of usb drives there, or putting back with the update. *Sleepy*Biggrin 133192
  8. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  9. Drives missing from File Explorer's Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drives missing from File Explorer's Navigation Pane: Hello, As shown below there are 2 drives missing from the Navigation Pane (vertical bar on the left of the File Explorer). How do I show them up there? Thanks in advance. [img] 31049
  10. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer navigation pane does not show the drives