Windows 10: Missing elan touchpad

Discus and support Missing elan touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a windows update my elan touchpad stopped working. How can I reinstall the driver? It has been a mess! 87294 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kllaidler, Jun 21, 2017.

1. kllaidler Win User

Missing elan touchpad

After a windows update my elan touchpad stopped working. How can I reinstall the driver? It has been a mess!

:)

kllaidler, Jun 21, 2017

2. Had to change palmrest. Windows thinks old ELAN touchpad is still installed. How do I get rid of old device?

Buttons broke on my ELAN touchpad - part of the palmrest. Bought a used one and installed, but the touchpad is Synaptics. Windows 10 keeps installing a driver for ELAN touchpad. I have run wushowhide to prevent this. I got the latest Synaptics driver
    to work by telling Device Manager to let me provide the driver source. The touchpad is connected to the PS/2 port. I backed up my system and tried doing an Update Driver from Device Manager, but that results in the ELAN device driver being downloaded and
    installed still. Also, I tried removing every reference to ELAN in my registry, but nothing keeps Windows Update (other than wushowhide) or Device Manager from trying to update to the old ELAN driver(s). How does Windows Update decide I have an ELAN touchpad
    instead of a Synaptics touchpad? Is there a way to get rid of all the references to the old ELAN touchpad?

LarryWickham, Jun 21, 2017
  3. Scroll (touchpad scroll) not working after installing Windows 10

After installing Windows 10, my laptop's touchpad scroll got diabled, the software for my touchpad is handled by Elan (Elan smart pad) for Acer.

제이슨Francisco, Jun 21, 2017
  4. hawkman Win User

Missing elan touchpad

Hi kllaidler,
    shoot over to HP's drivers website for you model.
    Should be there
    (or run your HP support assistant program)

Roy.

hawkman, Jun 21, 2017
Thema:

Missing elan touchpad

1. Missing elan touchpad - Similar Threads - Missing elan touchpad

2. Elan Touchpad Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan Touchpad Not Working: Last Night, I used my laptop and the touchpad was working. The next day, after opening the laptop for my studies I realized that my touchpad is not working, I thought that I would restart it, but it didn't work. I reinstalled Windows and reinstalled Elan Touchpad Driver. But...
  3. Elan Touchpad Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Elan Touchpad Not Working: Last Night, I used my laptop and the touchpad was working. The next day, after opening the laptop for my studies I realized that my touchpad is not working, I thought that I would restart it, but it didn't work. I reinstalled Windows and reinstalled Elan Touchpad Driver. But...
  4. Elan Touchpad Disable

Elan Touchpad Disable: After update 20H2 the Elan Touchpad on my HP Pavillion that had been previously disabled became re-enabled. I went to device manager to disable but found that the ability to disable is no longer an option. I uninstalled device using the device manager and it re-installs...
  5. ELAN touchpad

ELAN touchpad: How do I disable the ELAN Touchpad in Win 10. I use an external mouse and the pad will cause problems if touched when typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/0c80d1b4-e644-41b0-ad58-3842d9d7b862
  6. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: I have an HP laptop I purchased in January 2019. I spent three days last year working with a tech person to disable the Elan touchpad that came installed. Windows 10 updated a few days ago and enabled the touchpad. Please tell me how to disable it again. It is a constant...
  7. Disable ELAN touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable ELAN touchpad: I have an HP laptop 17-by0073cl ...when I got it a few years ago, I kept having a problem with the font size changing all the time just by brushing across the touchpad. Someone gave me the solution where I had to change a code and it worked great....for months and months....
  8. Elan touchpad disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Elan touchpad disappeared: My elan touchpad has disappeared and says code 24 but when I check device manager it says I have the most up to date device. I cant use my new laptop that I have only had for 3 weeks without a plug in mouse. How can I fix this ?...
  9. Elan touchpad settings tab missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Elan touchpad settings tab missing.: Hello, I just bought a new Lenovo L340 notebook with Windows 10. It has an Elan touchpad. For some reason, the touchpad has a dedicated area for right click (on the very right). I find this pointless as the touchpad has the two-finger right click option. I wanted to...
  10. Elan touchpad

Elan touchpad: my elan touchpad isn't working. The only thing I can do with it is move the cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/elan-touchpad/79e81765-0821-4972-b5bf-fb8e57b82b64