Windows 10: Missing Ethernet connector

Discus and support Missing Ethernet connector in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been having problems with my network drives which seems to have happened after a recent Windows 10 'update' In device manager I stupidly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stormstorr, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Missing Ethernet connector

I've been having problems with my network drives which seems to have happened after a recent Windows 10 'update'

In device manager I stupidly deleted a number of Windows adaptors under the Gigabit network connection.

Now I just have the Red Cross over the Internet icon.

Ive tried reinstalling Intel drivers but they stop at 'installing network drivers for Intel 82579v Gigabit network connection'

I then get a message 'cannot install drivers - No Intel (R) adaptors are present in this computer'

motherboard is is a Gigabyte X79 UD3 running F20 Bios. The network adaptor is onboard.

I can't seem to figure out why the computer can't detect the adaptor.

There is no ethernet controller in the device manager? And the network and internet page in settings does not give an Ethernet connection option?

Help!

Cheers

:)

Stormstorr, Oct 10, 2015

2. I upgraded to windows 10 and can't connect to the Internet now

Sounds like you are missing a driver for the Ethernet connection on the motherboard.

Right click Start, select Device Manager and look at network adapters, you will see your wifi adapter, but not the driver for the cat cable connector.

Or if you do see the cat cable connector driver, right click it ,select properties and see if it is working.

You might update this driver by selecting driver in properties and select update driver.

up date windows

Andrew P Jones, Oct 10, 2015
  3. Windows 10 upgrade stuck on Welcome Back Screen

This happened to me also. It had a wireless USB ethernet connector and a usb wireless mouse connector. After unplugging those, I hit the power button and had no further problems. I think this a bug in the W/10 upgrade for wireless usb connectors.

JamesSchroder, Oct 10, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

Missing Ethernet connector

Make sure you are using the correct version of drivers from the Gigabyte site (or from the CD that came with the motherboard) as there may be different hardware type options. Also make sure no other drivers are missing. Try installing as an administrator.

Kanata, Oct 11, 2015
  5. Thanks for the advice. I ended up doing a restore with a clean install of Windows 10. Everything fine now, just have to reinstall about 20 programmes!

Stormstorr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Missing Ethernet connector

1. Missing Ethernet connector - Similar Threads - Missing Ethernet connector

2. Would changing my Ethernet connector do anything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would changing my Ethernet connector do anything?: Hello so I’ve looked at many Ethernet optimization guides and have copied them before but I got a new motherboard and when I went to configure my Ethernet some options are just not there or just greyed out. I was wondering if replacing my connect with a different one would do...
  3. Would changing my Ethernet connector do anything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Would changing my Ethernet connector do anything?: Hello so I’ve looked at many Ethernet optimization guides and have copied them before but I got a new motherboard and when I went to configure my Ethernet some options are just not there or just greyed out. I was wondering if replacing my connect with a different one would do...
  4. Ethernet Option is missing

Ethernet Option is missing: i lost the ethernet option after i change the name, there was no ethernet option in network and internet settings at all.how to fixed it on windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-option-is-missing/f7ee4a0a-6e91-43cc-854f-bbe1d94f8a24
  5. Missing ethernet adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing ethernet adapter: I'm missing an Ethernet adapter which I suspect is why Ethernet does not show as a network and internet connection option for my new ASUS Zenbook 14X OLED Q420VA. Please advise on how to fix...
  6. Missing ethernet adapter

Missing ethernet adapter: I'm missing an Ethernet adapter which I suspect is why Ethernet does not show as a network and internet connection option for my new ASUS Zenbook 14X OLED Q420VA. Please advise on how to fix...
  7. Missing ethernet adapter

Missing ethernet adapter: I've spent the last 2 days trying to figure out how to solve this. For some reason the ethernet adapter vanished and I cannot get it working again. Background: About a week ago I replaced my motherboard, CPU, and RAM because my old system was getting very dated. I used my old...
  8. Ethernet Adapter is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Adapter is missing: I updated to windows 11 a while back and have had problems with my network adapters ever since. Ethernet is not showing up on my network adapters in the device managers hence I am unable to update my drivers or connect to the LAN. Additionally, I tried to reset my network...
  9. LAN or Ethernet Connector failures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LAN or Ethernet Connector failures: I recently bought a computer and installed windows 10 pro on it. I bought the license and activated it and everything was going perfectly. But one day the internet the computer only works with cable started to fail. I thought it was the coverage of the modem but I brought my...
  10. Ethernet icon missing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet icon missing.: Ok so I'm on Windows 10 and my ethernet icon is nowhere to be seen. When i try to acces a Microsoft app it says I have no connection to the internet[ATTACH]even though i can browse Chrome or other Browsers and play games online....