Windows 10: Missing Favicons.

Discus and support Missing Favicons. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I don't know if it's just me, but about 50% of my favicons in ms edge have a generic star. The others are ok. How do I get them to show correctly.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hewjr100, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

Missing Favicons.

I don't know if it's just me, but about 50% of my favicons in ms edge have a generic star. The others are ok. How do I get them to show correctly.

Henry.

Missing Favicons. [​IMG]

:)

Hewjr100, Jun 17, 2017
  2. Hetti Arachchige V Aravinda, Jun 17, 2017
  3. graye Win User
    Favicons don't show up in IE or Edge

Yeah, Edge does things a little differently... Edge stores its favorites in a database, and there is a field in the database that points to where the favicon graphic file is stored.

There is a free 3rd-party application called EdgeManage that can repopulate the missing icons. You can also use it to customize an icon to any graphic file you like.

Take a look at this article to see if this is something that you'd be interested in:

Manage Edge Favorites

graye, Jun 17, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Missing Favicons.

If you click on a link and goto the page does it come back?

Samuria, Jun 17, 2017
  5. Hewjr100 Win User
    Nope. I go to these sites in the picture several times a day or more.

Henry.

Hewjr100, Jun 17, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    They should refresh when you visit the site. If not, reset or reinstall Chrome.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Missing Favicons.

1. Missing Favicons. - Similar Threads - Missing Favicons

2. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  3. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  4. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Teredo Tunneling Adapter Is Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teredo Tunneling Adapter Is Missing: The Teredo Tunneling Adapter is missing from my PC. I have tried to find it in the device manager and it is not there. I did select show hidden devices but it still does not show up. I then tried to install it from the device manager via add legacy hardware, but it does not...
  6. Teredo Tunneling Adapter Is Missing

Teredo Tunneling Adapter Is Missing: The Teredo Tunneling Adapter is missing from my PC. I have tried to find it in the device manager and it is not there. I did select show hidden devices but it still does not show up. I then tried to install it from the device manager via add legacy hardware, but it does not...
  7. Teredo Tunneling Adapter Is Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Missing Wifi Driver - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Wifi Driver - Windows 10: the wifi is disapper from my laptop, i looked in the driver and can't find the wifi driver, i tried to download it but i can't the right one . my laptop is HP ProBook 450 G3, can anyone help?...
  9. Missing Wifi Driver - Windows 10

Missing Wifi Driver - Windows 10: the wifi is disapper from my laptop, i looked in the driver and can't find the wifi driver, i tried to download it but i can't the right one . my laptop is HP ProBook 450 G3, can anyone help?...
  10. Firefox - some bookmark favicons are missing/won't appear

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - some bookmark favicons are missing/won't appear: This has been bugging me for a long time. Some of the favicons for my bookmarks are missing - just showing generic icons. Even if I visit the page, it still won't build the icon. But then some sites do work. Any idea what's going on? Youtube is one of many examples that just...