Windows 10: Missing Favicons.

Discus and support Missing Favicons. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I don't know if it's just me, but about 50% of my favicons in ms edge have a generic star. The others are ok. How do I get them to show correctly.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hewjr100, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

Missing Favicons.

I don't know if it's just me, but about 50% of my favicons in ms edge have a generic star. The others are ok. How do I get them to show correctly.

Henry.

Missing Favicons. [​IMG]

:)

Hewjr100, Jun 17, 2017
  2. Hetti Arachchige V Aravinda, Jun 17, 2017
  3. graye Win User
    Favicons don't show up in IE or Edge

Yeah, Edge does things a little differently... Edge stores its favorites in a database, and there is a field in the database that points to where the favicon graphic file is stored.

There is a free 3rd-party application called EdgeManage that can repopulate the missing icons. You can also use it to customize an icon to any graphic file you like.

Take a look at this article to see if this is something that you'd be interested in:

Manage Edge Favorites

graye, Jun 17, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Missing Favicons.

If you click on a link and goto the page does it come back?

Samuria, Jun 17, 2017
  5. Hewjr100 Win User
    Nope. I go to these sites in the picture several times a day or more.

Henry.

Hewjr100, Jun 17, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    They should refresh when you visit the site. If not, reset or reinstall Chrome.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Missing Favicons.

1. Missing Favicons. - Similar Threads - Missing Favicons

2. 1903 Missing Restore Funtion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1903 Missing Restore Funtion: System Restore no longer works on Win 10 1903! Maintenance (I'm assuming) deleted all restore points so I can't undo the update & I am unable to create new ones. So, how do I turn off yet another worthless Windows feature so Maintenance will stop "maintaining" my computer?...
  3. pin sign-in option missing--can't log in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pin sign-in option missing--can't log in: Hi there, We have an HP tablet and have only ever signed in with a pin--don't even think a password was set, if that's possible. The other day, the pin option to sign in was not there, only sign in options available were password and smart card. Because we have no passwords...
  4. Family and Others setting now missing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family and Others setting now missing: New computer. I was able to add programmes and make changes to my computer. I then added my partner as a family member and now my account has changed to standard and I cannot add programmes or make changes. The setting for Family members and others is now missing?...
  5. Startup settings are missing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup settings are missing.: I was trying to install a driver for Wii remotes using this guide. I went to where it said startup settings would be but it's not there. I can grab a picture in a bit if anybody in comments needs, but the button is missing. Does anybody know how to fix this? submitted by...
  6. Editeur de vidéo - Windows movie editor is missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Editeur de vidéo - Windows movie editor is missing: Bonjour, Suite à la mise à jour de Windows, l'éditeur de vidéo a disparu. Comment le réinstaller ? Ai-je perdu tout mon travail sur cette application ? Merci pour votre réponse. Cordialement. Since last windows update the windows movie editor is missing. What can I do...
  7. Windows 10 missing printmanagement.msc after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 missing printmanagement.msc after 1909 update: Hi, Yesterday I have updated my Windows 10 to newest 1909 version, and this morning I found out my printmanagement.msc is missing. I tried to run it (Win + R), it just says following: Windows cannot find 'printmanagement.msc' . Make sure you typed the name correctly, and...
  8. Missing Xbox one controller compatibility drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Xbox one controller compatibility drivers: I've had to do a complete wipe of my system due to technical issues recently. I've reinstalled Windows 10 and, as far as I know, have gone through all of the necessary updates and patches, either through the website or from the PC settings. I have been told that all driver...
  9. Missing Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Game: I downloaded the game Fusion of Heroes a couple weeks ago from the Microsoft store and last week I made an in-game purchase. Well tonight I was going to make another purchase but when I tried it just kept loading and nothing happen. So I went to the store and its not even...
  10. Firefox - some bookmark favicons are missing/won't appear

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - some bookmark favicons are missing/won't appear: This has been bugging me for a long time. Some of the favicons for my bookmarks are missing - just showing generic icons. Even if I visit the page, it still won't build the icon. But then some sites do work. Any idea what's going on? Youtube is one of many examples that just...