Windows 10: Missing Favourites Folder in IE 11

Discus and support Missing Favourites Folder in IE 11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Some time ago I created a folder in Favourites in IE 11 with many useful links stored in it. I have many folders in Favourites and a number of these... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Judesman, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Judesman Win User

Missing Favourites Folder in IE 11

Some time ago I created a folder in Favourites in IE 11 with many useful links stored in it. I have many folders in Favourites and a number of these have sub folders. I cannot now find this folder. I have been through all my folders but still cannot find the missing folder. I created a new folder and gave it the same name as the original and stored a link in it. I tried to move this new folder and a window told me that the source folder was the same as the destination folder so presumably the old missing folder is somewhere in my Favourites, but where? Can anyone suggest how I might locate this missing folder and the links stored in it please?

:)

Judesman, Sep 24, 2017
  2. AjN3806 Win User

How to delete IE favourites on Windows 10 with IE sync settings on

How do you delete unwanted IE 11 favourites on Windows 10 computers with IE sync settings on.

I don't want to turn off IE from sync'ing, I want the delete / remove favourite action to replicate on all my computers.

But when I delete a favourite using Windows Explorer or remove a favourite using IE Organise Favourites, it gets sync'd back into place.

AjN3806, Sep 24, 2017
  3. neilpzz Win User
    How can I block this Welcome screen?

Go to your favourite Home Page and then go to settings and set the home page in IE 11.

neilpzz, Sep 24, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

IE's favourites are stored in the Favorites folder in your user folder, that would be something like:
    C:\Users\Judesman\Favorites

Look for it there using File Explorer.

If Windows thinks the folder exists, but you cannot see it with File Explorer then there may errors in the disk's file structure. Try running chkdsk.

5. Judesman Win User
    Many Thanks. All very odd. I found Favourites in "Users", searched for my folder and the new folder appeared, I clicked on Properties/Previous Versions and found several references to previous versions, clicked on the most recent previous version which was 02.08.17 (Presumably the last time I added something to the folder) and "Restore". That enabled me to restore the original folder to favourites where the folder amalgamated itself with the one I have just created. I wonder where it would have been restored from? I use an external hard drive and the Win 10 backup facility in Settings, perhaps it came from there.

Judesman, Sep 24, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    If you have File History turned on, and the external drive was connected then it probably came from History folder there. Good to know you've got you links back.
    *Thumbs

7. Judesman Win User
    History turned on, thanks for your help.

Judesman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing Favourites Folder in IE 11 - Similar Threads - Missing Favourites Folder

2. No Favourites Folder in Photos App, Photos Gone Missing After Flagging Them As Favourite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Favourites Folder in Photos App, Photos Gone Missing After Flagging Them As Favourite: Hey there, recently I was going through my camera's photos and decided to flag some of it as a favourite by pressing on the heart button. Afterwards I am now having trouble finding my "favourite" photos, no new folder named favourites has been created as well. The photos from...
  3. No Favourites Folder in Photos App, Photos Gone Missing After Flagging Them As Favourite

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Favourites Folder in Photos App, Photos Gone Missing After Flagging Them As Favourite: Hey there, recently I was going through my camera's photos and decided to flag some of it as a favourite by pressing on the heart button. Afterwards I am now having trouble finding my "favourite" photos, no new folder named favourites has been created as well. The photos from...
  4. Favourites missing from Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favourites missing from Edge: I purchased a new product key and reinstalled my operating system, but I don't see the MS Edge Favourites, even though I tried to import Favourites. I do see them when I use my other computer which logs in using the same Microsoft account. What should I do? Thanks....
  5. IE favourites seems to be getting multiple incidences of the same item

in Browsers and Email
    IE favourites seems to be getting multiple incidences of the same item: Hello. I'm not sure this is in the correct post topic but here goes. I've noticed recently that I have more than one item for the same thing in my IE Favourite column. It is as if I have some how copied all my listings twice. It's not a straight duplication ie nothing has a...
  6. IE 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IE 11: I have tried to contact Microsoft support about this issue but always go through the same thing. I have chatted with someone 4 times already about this issue. Is there a link to redownload IE 11 on windows 10. It is non-existent on the system ( have checked 4 times...
  7. Missing sound on online videos in IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Missing sound on online videos in IE 11: Hi there. I have a user that struggles with getting sound then she plays videos in IE 11. She have done a reset of IE 11 to default settings several times. But, then she opens another porogram like Outlook and go back to the video the sound is not there anymore. Ideas,...
  8. IE 11 missing tabs

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 missing tabs: I have a weird situation. When I have IE 11 with multiple tabs opened and pull one of them off to a second monitor it looses it's tabs. IE 11 never did that in Windows 7. I have another coworker whose IE does the same. Odd. What's the deal and how do I fix that? 98683
  9. Can't delete favorites folder in ie 11

in Browsers and Email
    Can't delete favorites folder in ie 11: Deleted all favorites folders accept one in the following screenshots: [img] [img] Henry PS No error message, right click, click on delete, and nothing happens. 73232
  10. Nested Folders in Edges Favourites Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Nested Folders in Edges Favourites Bar: This is the major gripe I have with Edge right now - no nested folders like Firefox or IE. OK, you can nest folders sort of, but instead of showing the folder contents in situ when you click on the sub folder, you get a side menu that pops out on the right which shows all...