Windows 10: Missing file after Malwarebytes scan

Discus and support Missing file after Malwarebytes scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, i scanned my desktop awhile ago using Malwarebytes premium, it reported a few threats and quarantined it. I happen to delete all the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lightwind99, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Missing file after Malwarebytes scan

Hi there, i scanned my desktop awhile ago using Malwarebytes premium, it reported a few threats and quarantined it. I happen to delete all the quarantined files and am having a bit of a problem whenever i start my pc.
    i get an error stating that im missing an exe file (see image attached) and this pops up every time i boot my pc, its quite an annoyance but nothing critical to my pc's health.

i hope i could find a solution on how to remove it.
    thank you.

:)

Lightwind99, Aug 22, 2018

2. Malwarebytes = False Positive??

Recently downloaded Malwarebytes and decided to do a quick scan after noticing random slow downs on my machine.

Now i regularly run a full scan with Windows Defender and KIS using the full rootkit scan option.

when I ran Malwarebytes. it came up with this

Missing file after Malwarebytes scan FalsePositive.jpg

I googled this after it was detected and theres not really that much information on it at all. but whatever little information there is, conflicts with one another.

There are some sites that say that it isnt a threat. then there are those that say it is a 'medium' threat and describes how to remove it.

Ive tried using Malwarebytes to remove it more then 5 times. I even went into safe mode to scan and see if i can removed them both with Malwarebytes and both manually following the steps on a website. however. even though Malwarebytes has detected the threat in that particular folder. when i do a file search or look for it manually with folder options set to show all hidden files. I cant seem to find it at all. and the only UL.dll file is located in a Roxio Shared folder.

Windows defender didnt pick anything up. Kaspersky 2012 on a full custom scan with the rootkit option selected didnt pick anything up.

and i have OCD so im starting to panic as i dont want to completely reinstall windows as this install is pretty fresh.

I have no idea how something like this would get past kaspersky and regular scans. Im always careful of the sites i visit otherwise kaspersky would block me from entering the site.

WHAT DO I DO?

Missing file after Malwarebytes scan 2rq11tu.gif

FreedomEclipse, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Missing VCOMP140.DLL

Hi Brenda,

Have you tried performing the
    SFC scan? If not, we suggest that you perform it. SFC will scan, fix and restore any corrupted and missing system files.
    To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

Note:
    The scanning might take a while. Make sure that you
    DO NOT CANCEL
    the process.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Missing file after Malwarebytes scan

missing/unusable internet explorer icon

Hi,

One of the reasons why your applications is missing due to a corrupted system files. Have you tried running SFC
    scan? If not, we suggest that you run SFC scan to check and fix any system files that has been corrupted. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Missing file after Malwarebytes scan

1. Missing file after Malwarebytes scan - Similar Threads - Missing file Malwarebytes

2. Windows Antivirus Doesn't Scan as Many Files as Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Antivirus Doesn't Scan as Many Files as Malwarebytes: Hello,I recently encountered a virus, and did full scans with both Windows AV and Malwarebytes. I noticed that Malwarebytes scanned a significantly higher number of files than Windows did, despite them both being full scans. I was wondering why this is: is this a difference...
  3. Windows Antivirus Doesn't Scan as Many Files as Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Antivirus Doesn't Scan as Many Files as Malwarebytes: Hello,I recently encountered a virus, and did full scans with both Windows AV and Malwarebytes. I noticed that Malwarebytes scanned a significantly higher number of files than Windows did, despite them both being full scans. I was wondering why this is: is this a difference...
  4. Malwarebytes scan reports 1 malicious file found. How to remove?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes scan reports 1 malicious file found. How to remove?: While attempting to download/install the trial version of Malwarebytes a scan was made and this was 1 file was reported on my notepad: PUP.Optional.Restoro, C:\WINDOWS\RESTORO.INT, No Action by user, 818, 551609, 1.0.47924,,ame, , F48C7A073BACE84DC9C3E3C67B2C6016 This was...
  5. Scan Files Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scan Files Missing: I had issues and had to set up my printer/scanner again. When I went to do a scan, all of the files in "\Users\user\Documents\Scanned Documents" were gone. They are not in the Recycle Bin, and I haven't found any of them search my hard drive. The pc is Windows 10. How...
  6. MalwareBytes scheduled scan editing bug

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MalwareBytes scheduled scan editing bug: I am running MalwareBytes premium 4.1.2.73 (latest version). I am running it on Windows 10 Pro Ver 19040.450. MWB is running fine, but there is an irritating bug with the scheduled scan editor. I find it very clunky, in that if you want to change the frequency or times of a...
  7. Scan resulted in missing dll files "StartupCheckLibrary.dll"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scan resulted in missing dll files "StartupCheckLibrary.dll"?: I recently used "restoro" to try and resolve some issues with my pc but this just resulted in some quaranteed files that I don't know what they really do. I tried to make restoro revert the changes but no difference. also did troubleshooting from another similiar thread. what...
  8. Missing files after sfc scan

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing files after sfc scan: Hello dear Forum, my father's pc is missing after a sfc scan files which could not be repaired. Is there a way to reintegrate them? I know that NoelDP was able to repair my system files in sevenforum by manually inserting them into the Bios menu before booting the system. Is...
  9. Missing files after sfc scan

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing files after sfc scan: Hello dear Forum, my father's pc is missing after a sfc scan files which could not be repaired. Is there a way to reintegrate them? I know that NoelDP was able to repair my system files in sevenforum by manually inserting them into the Bios menu before booting the system. Is...
  10. Malwarebytes - last scan error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malwarebytes - last scan error: Mb v3.0. Did a manual scan yesterday along with an automatic scan, the dashboard reports that the last scan was 4 days ago*Tongue 77740