Windows 10: Missing Files in BT Folder

Discus and support Missing Files in BT Folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, i was planning on upgrading my W7 main machine this weekend to windows 10, at one point i did have the Downloaded Files to do the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pants, Sep 30, 2015.

1. pants Win User

Missing Files in BT Folder

Hello Everyone, i was planning on upgrading my W7 main machine this weekend to windows 10, at one point i did have the Downloaded Files to do the upgrade, but those files are now missing From the Folder
    Missing Files in BT Folder [​IMG]

I did clean up my C:\ in prep for the install, did i remove the Windows 10 Files., if so, How do i get them back

Updates are up to date

Thanks in advance

:)

pants, Sep 30, 2015

2. Creators Update, 1703, upgrade fails with error 0x80070490 on Surface Pro 4

Oops, missed that in your original reply.

The logs are stored in C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther

If you don't see it, turn on show hidden files and folders.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 30, 2015
  3. rrossijr Win User
    Trying to revert back to Windows 7 from Windows 10

I did some reading after trying to revert and windows telling me that I was missing files needed to revert. I looked and the $windows.~bt folder is missing. I didn't delete it(it could be hidden) and I can't revert because
    it says that necessary files are missing. I have noticed others are having this problem too. Are there any options other than a clean install?

rrossijr, Sep 30, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Sep 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Missing Files in BT Folder - Similar Threads - Missing Files Folder

2. Missing Folders and Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Folders and Files: I am a Lenovo Laptop user. Now running on Windows 10. My Files and Folders on Drive E and D are missing lately, and all software installed on that drives cannot be opened. I lost all my editing projects and videos. With Everything search Application I could find the folders...
  3. Missing Folders and Files

Missing Folders and Files: I am a Lenovo Laptop user. Now running on Windows 10. Some Files and Folders on Drive E and D are missing lately, and all software installed on that drives cannot be opened. I lost all my editing projects and videos. With Everything search Application I could find the folders...
  4. $WINDOWS.~BT Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    $WINDOWS.~BT Folder: Hello, I noticed that there is $WINDOWS.~BT 20kb disk size Folder and ESD folder which i have deleted because its empty on my system? Is it created because i ran the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool? Is it safe to delete since I'm done downloading the Windows 10 ISO?...
  5. MISSING TILE FROM BT

in Windows 10 Customization
    MISSING TILE FROM BT: The ISP Tile from BT is no longer on my Windows 10 screen on opening. It has also been removed from the Task bar when BT Yahoo was stopped. How can I replace it please?...
  6. $Windows.~BT folder

$Windows.~BT folder: After upgrading mother board windows changed the file system on all drives not the boot drive to $Windows.~BT folder. How do i get my data back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowsbt-folder/4a350342-ad66-4f02-af41-4090c3dfb7fa
  7. Missing Folders and files

Missing Folders and files: I do all downloads to Drive G: and to a folder named Downloads. I can open the folder, but I see only eight files. When I check the properties of the Download folder it tells me that it contains 328 files in 22 folders. That leads me to believe that they are still there,...
  8. Missing Folders/Files

Missing Folders/Files: Hi, I recently noticed after working on a folder and saving, the next day the folder had disappeared. I checked the used/free values in Windows Explorer and found a 50GB difference from this to the value given by selecting contents and checking properties. I have 6...
  9. windows bt folder

in Windows 10 Support
    windows bt folder: I've just noticed this; a $WINDOWS.~BT folder has showed up in my local disk (C drive). It's dated 9/11/2017. I've never seen one in there before....so why is it in there now? 94083
  10. Missing Folders and Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Folders and Files: I upgraded to Windows 10 last week. I had folders and some files missing right away. I went into the "Old Windows" folder and nothing was there. Also, I couldn't go back to Windows 7 or a previous system restore because an error is all that would come up. Now, after shutting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. $windows bt folder file missing