Windows 10: Missing folders after WIN10 update (Download)

Discus and support Missing folders after WIN10 update (Download) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded this morning, loved it except no multi monitor. came home from work downloaded the latest nvida drivers for windows 10 still not multi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by quadragin, Jul 30, 2015.

1. quadragin Win User

Missing folders after WIN10 update (Download)

I upgraded this morning, loved it except no multi monitor. came home from work downloaded the latest nvida drivers for windows 10 still not multi monitor.
    The biggest issue, most of my folders on my D:\ drive (2 Mirrored drives) were gone... All my pics, music, etc.. so I had to uninstall Windows 10.
    Now I have a D:\ and a G:\ drive with various folders in each from my previous Window 7 D:\ drive.. I think Win10 broke my mirror. at least I got all my files back.

:)

quadragin, Jul 30, 2015

2. Default "Downloads" folder missing after trying to sync with an external drive on Windows 10

Old title: Default "Downloads" folder missing.

Windows 10

My Default "Downloads" folder under 'This PC > Folders' is missing after a sync with an external drive. The external drive does not have the folder but does have all the stuff that was in the "Downloads" folder. How do I get the Default "Downloads" folder
    back under "This PC > Folders"?

FoosMaster, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Missing Files In Folder / Windows 10

This is exactly what happened to me. I have a few folders that have been on my desktop for years as I've moved from win7, to win8, and finally when all **** broke loose was upgrading to win10. At first, when the folders appeared, I could also view them
    in the window.old folder. But now, after win10 did an update, now, even after 'restore to the only available restore which was win10' no desktop icons, folders, and even my documents is empty, my downloads empty, and nothing. Before the win10 update, I was
    actually arranging my desktop icons into their places and everything was fine actually, then, bam, all this mess. I have VERY important information on my old desktop, money is on the line, and there isn't a single piece of info on the web to help. I really
    hate I upgraded, everything was perfect until this. Thanks Microsoft.

M. Roc Pe'rine, Jul 30, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

you should re-plug the monitors, whilst computer is running

batlhilz, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Missing folders after WIN10 update (Download) - Similar Threads - Missing folders WIN10

2. Missing Download folder

in Browsers and Email
    Missing Download folder: I cannot download programs. I continually get the message that the download folder cannot be accessed when I select the Run button. I'm using Winver 1909 and Edge. [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] 156622
  3. Missing download folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing download folder: I cannot download programs. When sellecting “run” i get the message that the download directory cannot be accessed. Anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-download-folder/6e633736-43b5-48b0-bcbc-33e8ce941757
  4. Missing Download folder

Missing Download folder: Just upgraded to a new PC. SSD for OS and programs and D drive for storage. My user folders were on the C drive so have successfully relocated these to D drive. However somewhere my Download folder has disappeared. I have tried all methods to search and restore that I have...
  5. Missing folders after forced update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing folders after forced update?: Microsoft's Incompetence is Astounding!! I can just imagine the panic a Lawyer or a photographer felt on opening there computer after a Forced update to see all there files gone. Microsoft needs to be sued into oblivion....
  6. files/folders missing after update

files/folders missing after update: WHERE ARE MY FOLDERS AND FILES AFTER AN AUTOMATIC UPDATE THIS WEEK? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/filesfolders-missing-after-update/d17ee6fe-c588-47e5-b518-3373d5ad5405"
  7. Download Folder Missing

Download Folder Missing: My Downloads Folder and all its contents dissappeared. I did not delete it at all, but i press CTRL + J and it tells me all the data is deleted. My virus protection is up to date and not saying thereis an issue, it alot of data i need. Please help !!...
  8. Software missing after Win10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software missing after Win10 update: Hi, I got my new laptop yesterday and installed several softwares. Everything is fine and Win10 started update itself at night, then when the update is finished, all my new softwares are gone... I am very disappointed by this issue and could you how me how to solve it?...
  9. Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update: Hi, I just downloaded and installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update yesterday and so far I have noticed some changes in my computer that I was not aware of before the update. (1) Somehow my System Restore was set to Disabled and all of my restore points are now gone...
  10. "Downloads" folder icon missing

in Windows 10 Support
    "Downloads" folder icon missing: Hello all,I'm Aaron and I'm new in here. Nice to meet you all! xDI was at Google searching for a solution for my problem when I found you, guys. I looked everywhere, searched all tenforums.com, but couldn't find an answer. :SMy "Downloads" folder...