Windows 10: Missing Folders and Files

Discus and support Missing Folders and Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 last week. I had folders and some files missing right away. I went into the "Old Windows" folder and nothing was there. Also,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CloserNorth, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Missing Folders and Files

I upgraded to Windows 10 last week. I had folders and some files missing right away. I went into the "Old Windows" folder and nothing was there. Also, I couldn't go back to Windows 7 or a previous system restore because an error is all that would come up. Now, after shutting down my computer and restarting the next day, I'm missing folders. For example, I create a folder I title "Edit" for images to work on everyday (I'm a photographer), and the folder is completely missing. What is going on?

:)

CloserNorth, Oct 22, 2015
  2. Clark Ari Win User

Missing FileHistory Folders and Files After System Image Restore-Win10

Hi Jim,

As of the moment, both query regarding File History database is unavailable as an option in Windows 10. For this query, you can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue using the
    Feedback Hub app. Our community developer may consider adding this feature, or they may also create a software that will make this
    option to be available in the future updates. Also, when you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it.

To use the Feedback Hub app to report a problem, follow these steps:

• Search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem button, share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.
    • Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted. (It may take a while to appear.)
    • Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    • If you also posted in a forum thread, you can click Copy link, and paste the link in your response. (It will look like URL Manager<unique link>)

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Clark Ari, Oct 22, 2015
  3. JimA1958 Win User
    Missing FileHistory Folders and Files After System Image Restore-Win10

I have been using FileHistory to an external drive in Win10 for over a year. Periodically, I verify files were actually backed up in the FileHistory folder.

Due to unknown operational problems, I decided to restore my laptop using a system image created from Backup and Restore (Windows 7) dated 4 months earlier. After the restore, I ran FileHistory to update my files. FileHistory copied files onto my laptop from
    dates prior to the system image date as FILENAME (DATE) but no folders/files after the image date. I have searched my FileHistory folder on my external drive using both search and manual inspection, but found none of my files within the last 4 months. FileHistory>
    Restore did not find any of those folders/files either.

I would like to know:

* Any recovery techniques recommended to find the missing folders/files from FileHistory.

* The correct process to use FileHistory and System Images restore when the system image date is prior to the FileHistory date.

Thank you for your time, help with this matter, and condolences to my missing folders and files.

JimA.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JimA1958, Oct 22, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

Missing Folders and Files

Check to see if another profile was made under the Users folder and see if the missing folders are there. Chances are they are somewhere in your system, even if not where you expect them. Do a thorough search and let us know.

Kanata, Oct 22, 2015
Thema:

Missing Folders and Files

1. Missing Folders and Files - Similar Threads - Missing Folders Files

2. Missing Files in Created File Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Files in Created File Folders: On my Windows 11 PC I have created a number of file folders such as taxes, landscaping, renovation, etc where I save documents that I have created or received over time. I must have over 50 such file folders and until recently they have each been populated with a butt load of...
  3. Missing Files in Created File Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Files in Created File Folders: On my Windows 11 PC I have created a number of file folders such as taxes, landscaping, renovation, etc where I save documents that I have created or received over time. I must have over 50 such file folders and until recently they have each been populated with a butt load of...
  4. MISSING FILES IN USERS FOLDER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MISSING FILES IN USERS FOLDER: This morning, when I turned on my laptop, I realised that all my files and folders were missing. Luckily I was able to locate them at users. I moved the personal folders to the already pinned ones to locate them easily. I restarted everything just in case. When it turned back...
  5. Missing Folders and Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Folders and Files: I am a Lenovo Laptop user. Now running on Windows 10. My Files and Folders on Drive E and D are missing lately, and all software installed on that drives cannot be opened. I lost all my editing projects and videos. With Everything search Application I could find the folders...
  6. Missing Folders and Files

Missing Folders and Files: I am a Lenovo Laptop user. Now running on Windows 10. Some Files and Folders on Drive E and D are missing lately, and all software installed on that drives cannot be opened. I lost all my editing projects and videos. With Everything search Application I could find the folders...
  7. Files missing from folder

Files missing from folder: After I changed the icon of a folder on the desktop, all the files in the folder are missing. Also, all the subfolders in the folder are intact. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-missing-from-folder/6e4fec4d-3999-4826-9b92-2f7c3861b081
  8. Files Missing but Folders still there?

Files Missing but Folders still there?: So I have a folder where I keep all my documents, pictures and videos from my camera. Everything is gone except for the folders. So say I had a folder names Camera, in the folder I had different folders for the years, and then within those where the titles of what the...
  9. Missing Folders and files

Missing Folders and files: I do all downloads to Drive G: and to a folder named Downloads. I can open the folder, but I see only eight files. When I check the properties of the Download folder it tells me that it contains 328 files in 22 folders. That leads me to believe that they are still there,...
  10. Missing Folders/Files

Missing Folders/Files: Hi, I recently noticed after working on a folder and saving, the next day the folder had disappeared. I checked the used/free values in Windows Explorer and found a 50GB difference from this to the value given by selecting contents and checking properties. I have 6...