Windows 10: Missing HDD in BIOS, Explorer and Disk Manager

Discus and support Missing HDD in BIOS, Explorer and Disk Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently started having issues with Windows 7 and decided to upgrade the system in stages. I was running the following: C: Main WD 1TB Caviar Black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TooMuchFS, May 31, 2018.

1. TooMuchFS Win User

Missing HDD in BIOS, Explorer and Disk Manager

I recently started having issues with Windows 7 and decided to upgrade the system in stages.

I was running the following:
    C: Main WD 1TB Caviar Black (Windows 7 and most software)
    D: Photos (WD 500MB Caviar Blue)
    E: DVD
    G: Simulator software (WD 1TB WD Caviar Black)

and all was well with the world (apart from the aforementioned Windows 7 issues).

I then installed an M.2 Samsung 500GB SSD on my Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H motherboard, and immediately installed Windows 10 on it. So I effectively had a dual boot system so I could work as normal for now on the Windows 7 drive and when time allowed, boot to the M.2 and start installing my required software.

The problem is that is as soon as I rebooted after the Windows 10 installation, I found that the D: drive (Photos) was not appearing in My Computer or the Device Manager etc. I booted it to the Windows 7 drive, and again, the D: drive was now not visible. i.e. I seem to have lost contact with the D: HDD following the M.2/Windows 10 installation.

I entered BIOS and even there I cannot see the old D: photo drive (and checked the SATA ports were enabled).

I’ve changed the HDD positions and cables and all the other drives work fine, but no sign of the old D: drive no matter which cable or slot I use. I took the D: drive out and checked it on another computer using a SATA to USB tray - and it works fine with all the data intact. (I do have other external backups as well, just in case.)

Any ideas why I can’t get my D: drive to be seen again?!

Thanks
    Peter

:)

TooMuchFS, May 31, 2018
Thema:

Missing HDD in BIOS, Explorer and Disk Manager

1. Missing HDD in BIOS, Explorer and Disk Manager - Similar Threads - Missing HDD BIOS

2. HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management: I have 2 things of storage. first is 1Tb HDD barracuda and 128GB ssd. The ssd is working fine and I can see it in the bios of my gigabyte motherboard but I cant see my hdd in there. Also i'm already trying to change port sata cable each of them,change the sata with new one...
  3. HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management: I have 2 things of storage. first is 1Tb HDD barracuda and 128GB ssd. The ssd is working fine and I can see it in the bios of my gigabyte motherboard but I cant see my hdd in there. Also i'm already trying to change port sata cable each of them,change the sata with new one...
  4. HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDD missing from file Explorer. But can be found in device manager and disk managment

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD missing from file Explorer. But can be found in device manager and disk managment: HelloI was using my computer which is windows 10.i went to play a game and had to re download it as my HHD was no longer in the file explorer.Although i can see it in device manager and disk management,in disk management it is now un-allocated, previously it was my "E"...
  6. HDD not detected in bios or disk management

HDD not detected in bios or disk management: Hi, I have recently built a computer. Ryzen 5 2600 and MSI 1660 super. I have 2 things of storage. 1 M.2 ssd which is 1 tb. and a 4tb Wd Blue. The 1tb is working fine and I can see it in the bios of my gigabyte motherboard but I cant see my WD blue. If you can provide me...
  7. Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager: This HDD is a 2tb, I've been using it for almost 10 years now, however yesterday I noticed the drive was missing in "This PC". I shut down the PC while holding shift while clicking shutdown. HDD came back upon reboot. Later in the night while playing a game, I got a...
  8. Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management

Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management: Hello! First of all about my config Lenovo Y720-15IKB OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Motherboard: Intel H170 ITX KBL-S( I believe, the system doesnt say it, I looked up on the internet) BIOS version/date: LENOVO 4GCN31WW, 2017. 09. 27. SSD: Kingston...
  9. Disk Management shows HDD but Explorer doesn't

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Management shows HDD but Explorer doesn't: I'm working with a HDD where I want to remove partitions. I can see the disk and partitions in Disk Management but not explorer. I want to see the folders/files before I start deleting partitions. This is a removeable disk in a disk bay. How can I see this disk in Windows...
  10. Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager: I recently started having issues with Windows 7 and decided to upgrade the system in stages. I was running the following: C: Main WD 1TB Caviar Black (Windows 7 and most software) D: Photos (WD 500MB Caviar Blue) E: DVD G: Simulator software (WD 1TB WD Caviar Black) and all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 missing hdd bios

2. toomuchfs