Windows 10: Missing icons

Discus and support Missing icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently I have had the issue where some icons go missing. In the image below, its the mute icon however it appears elsewhere. May be related or not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xcoryfx, Oct 2, 2015.

1. xcoryfx Win User

Missing icons

Recently I have had the issue where some icons go missing. In the image below, its the mute icon however it appears elsewhere. May be related or not but my skype has suddendly stop showing special characters too.

Missing icons [​IMG]

Missing icons [​IMG]

I have tried "Reset default fonts". Any ideas?

(Also sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm new around here)

:)

xcoryfx, Oct 2, 2015
  2. teppot Win User

N8 and several software icons missing - not a reboot issue

Hi,

On my N8 several software icons are missing and reboot of the device will not help on this. This issue started after the first Anna update. Some icons that are missing are old SW installations before Anna update, but also some of the new software installations
    are missing icons too. Some random icons are missing from main view and software menu too. To move the icon from one location/folder to other will not help to get icon(s) back. To start the target SW by pointing an empty icon works. Scrolling a long view on
    having several icons + missing icons was very slow and after I moved all missing icons to separate view/folder scrolling the main SW view is now ok but missing icons dilemma is not solved. Attached image is from the folder to where is moved all missing icons.
    Damn, I don´t wan't to reset the device.

Scr000013.jpg

teppot, Oct 2, 2015
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 2, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Missing icons

It looks like this

If so you need to re-install Segoe UI font / Segoe MDL2 Assets font. Segoe MDL2 Assets replaces Segoe UI font in Windows 10. Guidelines for Segoe MDL2 icons - Windows app development

You could try downloading this font (in the zip below), unzip and double click to install. The Segoe UI font (which may still be used by some older programs) is on the first link above if you find you need that as well.

Segoe MDL2 Assets.zip

lx07, Oct 3, 2015
  5. xcoryfx Win User
    I ran the Segoe MDL2 font installer, same problem. However, it seems to work in the icon dock but not in the mute or on the lockscreen

Missing icons [​IMG]

Missing icons [​IMG]

Missing icons [​IMG]

xcoryfx, Oct 3, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    lx07, Oct 3, 2015
  7. xcoryfx Win User
    This solved it, thank you!

xcoryfx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Missing icons

1. Missing icons - Similar Threads - Missing icons

2. Win 11 Outlook installed app. Not able to pin email. Pin icon missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Outlook installed app. Not able to pin email. Pin icon missing.: I know about ensuring sort by date needs selected. All the other methods are available. No pin. We use 365 Business Premium. No matter what I cannot get the pin to appear when hovering over the email. I checked, it is there in the web version of Outlook. No update available...
  3. Win 11 Outlook installed app. Not able to pin email. Pin icon missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 Outlook installed app. Not able to pin email. Pin icon missing.: I know about ensuring sort by date needs selected. All the other methods are available. No pin. We use 365 Business Premium. No matter what I cannot get the pin to appear when hovering over the email. I checked, it is there in the web version of Outlook. No update available...
  4. One Drive Icon Missing with Windows 10 but One Drive linked to computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Icon Missing with Windows 10 but One Drive linked to computer: Wish to unlink OneDrive from my computer but cannot find any OneDrive Icon. It is not listed on taskbar options, there is no vertical arrow at left on taskbar to unhide any hidden icons and when I tried the "windows Key+R" and typed in...
  5. One Drive Icon Missing with Windows 10 but One Drive linked to computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Icon Missing with Windows 10 but One Drive linked to computer: Wish to unlink OneDrive from my computer but cannot find any OneDrive Icon. It is not listed on taskbar options, there is no vertical arrow at left on taskbar to unhide any hidden icons and when I tried the "windows Key+R" and typed in...
  6. One Drive Icon Missing with Windows 10 but One Drive linked to computer

7. Icons missing on task bar ONLY for apps, not for regular programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons missing on task bar ONLY for apps, not for regular programs: I am on Windows 11 pro and in contrast to other posts my task bar shows icons for programs properly well.BUT: no icons are shown for what M$ call Apps.I have tried many solutions for missing icons from other threads, but nothing worked so far.Any Windows app like 'Settings',...
  8. Icons missing on task bar ONLY for apps, not for regular programs

Icons missing on task bar ONLY for apps, not for regular programs: I am on Windows 11 pro and in contrast to other posts my task bar shows icons for programs properly well.BUT: no icons are shown for what M$ call Apps.I have tried many solutions for missing icons from other threads, but nothing worked so far.Any Windows app like 'Settings',...
  9. I have no wifi icon, no internet, i cant download any drive, and my wifi driver is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no wifi icon, no internet, i cant download any drive, and my wifi driver is missing: I have no wifi icon, no internet, i cant download any drive, and my wifi driver is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-wifi-icon-no-internet-i-cant-download/17f42b1e-eab3-4a89-91ef-ea651a0b4199
  10. I have no wifi icon, no internet, i cant download any drive, and my wifi driver is missing

I have no wifi icon, no internet, i cant download any drive, and my wifi driver is missing: I have no wifi icon, no internet, i cant download any drive, and my wifi driver is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-wifi-icon-no-internet-i-cant-download/17f42b1e-eab3-4a89-91ef-ea651a0b4199