Windows 10: Missing "Import Photos and Videos" from autoplay for devices

Discus and support Missing "Import Photos and Videos" from autoplay for devices in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I swear I had a import photos and videos option for devices on Windows 10 but now it seems I don't. This is what I get for options. [img] I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vaughn Whiskey, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Missing "Import Photos and Videos" from autoplay for devices

I swear I had a import photos and videos option for devices on Windows 10 but now it seems I don't.

This is what I get for options.

Missing "Import Photos and Videos" from autoplay for devices [​IMG]

I don't even have the options in my autoplay settings and default settings.
    Any help would be great.

:)

Vaughn Whiskey, Sep 14, 2015

2. Downloading Photos from Sony DSC HX 300 Camera.

you need to set the autoplay options to import Images and videos whenever a memory card is inserted into your computer.

In windows 10, images and videos are imported using metro app called Photo viewer.

To do this:

• open settings>Devices>autoplay
    • Under choose Autoplay defaults,select Import Photos and Videos(Photos) from the drop down menu for memory card.
    • Whenever an SD card would be inserted it will import the photos automatically.

hope it helps.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 14, 2015
  3. DougTFC Win User
    Bring Back the AutoPlay Options For Importing Photos

Import Option is there:

Personalize settings \ Devices \ Autoplay \ Chose your device and on the drop down menu choose "Import photos and videos"

Thanks

DougTFC, Sep 14, 2015
  4. Missing "Import Photos and Videos" from autoplay for devices

Are you sure the settings aren't tucked away right at the bottom of Autoplay settings? Seems strange.

Torquemada, Sep 14, 2015
  5. nope not there.

6. If you double click your memory card within devices and printers do you get something like this?
    I suppose it depends if Window classes a memory card as a camera or portable device.

then I get

after I have selected the import folders if I right click on my camera within windows explorer I get the option to import. Then it imports the photo's and videos to their respective folders that I have chosen.

Torquemada, Sep 14, 2015
  7. i do not... see this is strange

8. Missing "Import Photos and Videos" from autoplay for devices

Is this a memory card from a camera?

Torquemada, Sep 14, 2015
  9. memory card in a camera. Sony DSC-W800

10. May be a stupid question but if you leave the card in the camera and connect your camera to your PC doesn't it show up in "Device Stage" like mine does? (wow, long sentence)

Torquemada, Sep 14, 2015
  11. I have been connecting it via the camera and the cable provided. I do not have a SD slot on my PC or an adapter aswell as my Nexus 7

12. Go to apps and download windows photo viewer you will find them then

hTconeM9user, Sep 14, 2015
  13. Missing "Import Photos and Videos" from autoplay for devices

It looks like Window is only recognising it as mass storage. You could try this, see what happes when you connect it to your PC.

Set as PTP/MTP

Torquemada, Sep 14, 2015
  14. there is no app on the app store called that because that seems to be a Windows 7 thing.
    View and use your pictures in Windows Photo Viewer

scrap that, I was able to re-enable it via this Windows Photo Viewer - Restore in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums but it still doesn't how up

thanks for that tip, didn't even know about it but it didn't sort it out.

15. Ah, well it now seems to recognise it as a camera so does it show here where you can specify the import folders.

if it does hopefully you can right click on Sony camera within windows explorer and import pictures and videos to your specified folders.

Torquemada, Sep 15, 2015
Thema:

Missing "Import Photos and Videos" from autoplay for devices

1. Missing "Import Photos and Videos" from autoplay for devices - Similar Threads - Missing Import Photos

2. Photo/Video Import Freezing while trying to import from iPhone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo/Video Import Freezing while trying to import from iPhone: I am trying to download the pictures from my iPhone onto my computer running Windows 10. In order to do this, I right-clicked "Apple iPhone" in the file explorer, and hit "Import pictures and videos." Things proceeded as normal, scanning my phone for all photos, giving me a...
  3. Photo/Video Import Application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo/Video Import Application: Im looking for an application that will work the way Google Picasa did for importing photos and videos from my phone to my computer. I don't want to use a web based syncing solution to run everything through the cloud. Heres what I want the application to handle. 1) Specify...
  4. Autoplay Video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Autoplay Video: I cannot get Video Discs to Autoplay. My machine is Intel QuadCore i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB RAM, running MS Windows 10 Home v. 1803, build 17134.228 on an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard with a SAMSUNG SSD main drive. It has RealTek High Definition Audio and a SAMSUNG...
  5. imported photos missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    imported photos missing: I recently imported photos from my camera onto my laptop by inserting the SD memory card into the slot on the laptop. Once I confirmed that they had downloaded I created a folder for them and then deleted them off the memory card. However now I cannot find the photos...
  6. Videos not importing to Photos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos not importing to Photos?: Hi guys, some help would be much appreciated with this! I somehow downloaded and recorded 60 gigs of videos on my phone and I need to keep it all but I've only got 2 gigs of storage left . I've been trying to transfer it all to my HP spectre x360 2018 (don't know if that...
  7. Autoplay Videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autoplay Videos: I followed the instructions in this thead: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-enable-autoplay-of-movie-dvds-when/39a99447-4156-4e66-ae7b-59932b563171 I have downloaded VLC video player, in control panel/devices, I have set Autoplay to On. In...
  8. "Import pictures and videos using Windows" option missing from autoplay for memory cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Import pictures and videos using Windows" option missing from autoplay for memory cards: I cannot figure out a way to add "Import pictures and videos using Windows" as an option in autoplay for memory cards or cameras on a new Windows 10 computer....
  9. autoplay videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    autoplay videos: Hi, I am play a game, but an ad came on and I can't get it off. Can someone tell me how to turn off the video. Thank you, TrossZZ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-videos/c0e60a3e-0003-4fec-bb3d-92839fb7f7c7
  10. Autoplaying videos

in Browsers and Email
    Autoplaying videos: How do I stop autoplaying videos in Win 10 using Chrome? 17047