Windows 10: "missing internet protocols" - I know, not a new issue.

Discus and support "missing internet protocols" - I know, not a new issue. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know this is an issue that has been around for a long time and I have tried to solve it by myself. But all the solutions that are offered don't seem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by samuelduggan, Jun 13, 2016.

1. "missing internet protocols" - I know, not a new issue.

I know this is an issue that has been around for a long time and I have tried to solve it by myself. But all the solutions that are offered don't seem to work. Which has prompted me to post an issue on this forum.

The problem I have is a sporadic disconnection, with the explanation: "Missing internet protocols".
    Also, probably connected, I (completely randomly) have issues with connecting to new networks. If it happens, roughly three times out of four, I try to connect and the network adapter goes offline and restarts when I try to connect. I just have to try again and again for sometimes up to twenty minutes until it finally starts working.

Fixes I have tried:

- Using command prompt to reset Winsock (not successful)
    - Disabling IP protocol Version 6
    - Disabling NETBIOS over TCP/IP

If anyone could provide some help I would be thankful. I have just quit smoking and it is reallllly annoying me at the moment.

P.S. I'm aware I probably need to give more info. Please inform me which information and how I can provide it if you do.

:)

samuelduggan, Jun 13, 2016
  2. tomg8888 Win User

One or More Network Protocols are missing on this computer

I have the same issue. The first time I tried installing W10 I got missing protocols and after 4 calls from the "Answer" Desk they rolled me back to Win 7. Recently I had 2 chats with different techs and both said the issue with missing protocols has
    been fixed and I wouldn't see the issue. So I decided to try again today. W10 installed with no issue, but, surprise there was the missing protocols. I had cut and pasted a bunch of "fixes" from this site and none worked. Luckily the roll back to 7 gets
    the internet back. Done totally with 10, in total spent over 10 hours trying to fix it and no more. Staying with Win 7 until this computer dies. Since it's barely a year old, it'll be a while. Doesn't appear that even MS knows how to fix it.

tomg8888, Jun 13, 2016
  3. Missing Internet Protocols

Hi. This about my Hewlett-Packard PC. At first my internet was on network 5. Months later Network 5 would not connect and would automatically connect to Network 6. Sometimes it stuck on Network 5 and after troubleshooting it was "Missing Internet Protocols".
    Yesterday was I was on the Internet and I became disconnected, did the troubleshooting and Network 6 is "Missing Internet Protocols". This morning I got a message to allow the Internet to connect to Network 7. It would be nice if I could see a list of Networks
    and their status so I could uninstall and re-install the offending device but as long as Network 7 is working properly I have no way to troubleshoot, diagnose nor fix a problem. Is the same device/adaptor responsible for Internet Protocols on Networks 5 &
    6 the same as the one for Network 7? How many Networks do I have and what happened to Networks 1 - 4? Is there a disc I could buy that will restore/replace missing internet protocols 'cause it's very likely to happen again.

GerrySchuster, Jun 13, 2016
  4. "missing internet protocols" - I know, not a new issue.

Here are some other things to try:
    Resolve network issues - Windows 10 Forums

There is one additional fix that I did not include in the Resolve thread ... Not sure it should be a generic solution offered. If the issue persists after trying the suggestions in the thread, I can write up the procedure - it's only a few steps, but it involves modifying the registry.

Slartybart, Jun 13, 2016
Thema:

"missing internet protocols" - I know, not a new issue.

1. "missing internet protocols" - I know, not a new issue. - Similar Threads - missing internet protocols

2. Missing Network Protocols

in Browsers and Email
    Missing Network Protocols: I'm trying to get to Gibson's Research website. I cannot access it. I'm being told I'm missing network protocols. Haven't a clue. Any idea's. How do I find what protocols I'm missing. Windows 10 on a Dell Venue 8 pro tablet. Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Edge cannot...
  3. One or more network protocols missing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One or more network protocols missing?: So I've had this issue for about three days now. I am able to connect to my home router, but I am unable to connect to the Internet. Troubleshooter said "One or more network protocols are missing". Not sure what happened, never touched networking except for connecting to my...
  4. Network Protocols Missing

Network Protocols Missing: Noted immediately after 1511 total system update, yet may have been inherited from an earlier build... All is working well, yet Network Troubleshooter reports "one or more network protocols is missing." Various posted remedies have been verified or implemented, to no...
  5. Missing Internet protocols

Missing Internet protocols: So I have been without internet for a couple weeks and have spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer. I only have an ethernet port on my machine, connected to my router via powerline adapters (which work with my other PCs). Windows troubleshooter tells...
  6. One or more internet protocol is missing

One or more internet protocol is missing: Help me fix"one or more internet protocol is missing" pls what i have tried:reinstall wireless adapter some cmd commands. 35262
  7. Missing Protocols

Missing Protocols: I am attempting to use my Internet but it will not let me to put it straightforwardly. It shows a connection but will not let me use it. I ran the troubleshooter and it tells me I'm missing one or more network protocols and asks me if I'd like to try fixes as admin. I...
  8. Windows 10 Update broke internet, one or more network protocols miss

Windows 10 Update broke internet, one or more network protocols miss: Last night an update happened on my laptop and now today no internet seems to be connecting to it. The internet works fine on my mac computer right next to it when I plug the ethernet cable in but does nothing on my laptop when I swap the cable to it (I'm typing this on my...
  9. No internet access, some protocols are missing

No internet access, some protocols are missing: Hello, This just happened recently, and still not fixed. My router modem is changed. The internet works properly in any other devices which are not win10. From the wifi connection: it's connected to ssid but no internet access. I cant even ping the gateway. And from the...
  10. One or more internet protocols is missing

One or more internet protocols is missing: I have the ongoing problem as above. Never had this when using windows 7 home premium - but on 2 X windows 10 machines (One 32 bit + One 64 bit) this seems to arise very frequently. The 'repair as administrator' does the trick, however the 'cure is short lived! I think I...