Windows 10: Missing Internet protocols

Discus and support Missing Internet protocols in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have been without internet for a couple weeks and have spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer. I only have an ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by auris2, Feb 25, 2016.

1. auris2 Win User

Missing Internet protocols

So I have been without internet for a couple weeks and have spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer. I only have an ethernet port on my machine, connected to my router via powerline adapters (which work with my other PCs). Windows troubleshooter tells me that there are missing protocols, I have tried various things and nothing has worked.
    I have already tried: winsock reset(tool), replacing my winsock registry keys with another windows pc, no help, I have tried that sfc /scannow command, no errors were found, i have also tried disabling netbios.

At some point I accidentally uninstalled 'microsoft network adapter multiplexer protocol', dont know how to reinstall it and now I am getting and ip config error from the troubleshooter. At this point I am extremely frustrated and am thinking about re-installing windows. Is there a way to do this without losing settings for applications? This is such a freaking mess.

:)

auris2, Feb 25, 2016
  2. samhash Win User

Error: 1 or more protocols are missing

Original Title: protocols are missing

I get on the internet with wifi for a few minuts and lose conetion when I troubleshoot it tells me 1 or more protocols are missing how do I fix the problem

samhash, Feb 25, 2016
  3. One or more network protocols keep getting missing!

Every time I troubleshoot for internet problems, I manage to fix the "one or more network protocols are missing" error as administrator. But 30 seconds later, those protocols still keep getting missing! There has to be a way to make it so all protocols are
    found permanently. Any ideas, everyone?

JonathanAllen1994, Feb 25, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Feb 25, 2016
  5. auris2 Win User
    auris2, Feb 25, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I don't think microsoft network adapter multiplexer protocol is needed. It's installed on my computers but not active (box unchecked). Still, to reinstall it, click the Install button, then Protocol then see if it's listed in there.

These are the protocols I have installed on my Lenovo K450 Win 10 Pro X64 system, has Wireless and Ethernet connections but this is for Ethernet.

Missing Internet protocols [​IMG]

Missing Internet protocols [​IMG]

A fix I've used successfully several times now is:

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing Internet protocols - Similar Threads - Missing Internet protocols

2. Missing Network Protocols

in Browsers and Email
    Missing Network Protocols: I'm trying to get to Gibson's Research website. I cannot access it. I'm being told I'm missing network protocols. Haven't a clue. Any idea's. How do I find what protocols I'm missing. Windows 10 on a Dell Venue 8 pro tablet. Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Edge cannot...
  3. One or more network protocols missing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One or more network protocols missing?: So I've had this issue for about three days now. I am able to connect to my home router, but I am unable to connect to the Internet. Troubleshooter said "One or more network protocols are missing". Not sure what happened, never touched networking except for connecting to my...
  4. Network Protocols Missing

Network Protocols Missing: Noted immediately after 1511 total system update, yet may have been inherited from an earlier build... All is working well, yet Network Troubleshooter reports "one or more network protocols is missing." Various posted remedies have been verified or implemented, to no...
  5. One or more internet protocol is missing

One or more internet protocol is missing: Help me fix"one or more internet protocol is missing" pls what i have tried:reinstall wireless adapter some cmd commands. 35262
  6. Missing Protocols

Missing Protocols: I am attempting to use my Internet but it will not let me to put it straightforwardly. It shows a connection but will not let me use it. I ran the troubleshooter and it tells me I'm missing one or more network protocols and asks me if I'd like to try fixes as admin. I...
  7. "missing internet protocols" - I know, not a new issue.

"missing internet protocols" - I know, not a new issue.: I know this is an issue that has been around for a long time and I have tried to solve it by myself. But all the solutions that are offered don't seem to work. Which has prompted me to post an issue on this forum. The problem I have is a sporadic disconnection, with the...
  8. Windows 10 Update broke internet, one or more network protocols miss

Windows 10 Update broke internet, one or more network protocols miss: Last night an update happened on my laptop and now today no internet seems to be connecting to it. The internet works fine on my mac computer right next to it when I plug the ethernet cable in but does nothing on my laptop when I swap the cable to it (I'm typing this on my...
  9. No internet access, some protocols are missing

No internet access, some protocols are missing: Hello, This just happened recently, and still not fixed. My router modem is changed. The internet works properly in any other devices which are not win10. From the wifi connection: it's connected to ssid but no internet access. I cant even ping the gateway. And from the...
  10. One or more internet protocols is missing

One or more internet protocols is missing: I have the ongoing problem as above. Never had this when using windows 7 home premium - but on 2 X windows 10 machines (One 32 bit + One 64 bit) this seems to arise very frequently. The 'repair as administrator' does the trick, however the 'cure is short lived! I think I...