Windows 10: Missing LOG files

Discus and support Missing LOG files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ran sfc /scannow (cannot create Recovery USB stick for my win 10 (1511) system because of corrupt files) and received following message:- "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by wooly1, May 22, 2016.

1. wooly1 Win User

Missing LOG files

Ran sfc /scannow (cannot create Recovery USB stick for my win 10 (1511) system because of corrupt files) and received following message:-
    "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios."
    Searched windows\Logs\ but there is no CBS folder let alone CBS.log file. How do I get logging supported in offline servicing if that is, in fact, the problem?

How do I get a CBS.log file?

:)

wooly1, May 22, 2016
  2. AOMind Win User

Windows Phone for Mac not synching.

Sorry, log file doesnt appear. Even logs directory is missing.

AOMind, May 22, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    Driver Power State Failure BSOD

What are the issues you are receiving?

Also, the link to the log files is missing.

auggy, May 22, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Missing LOG files

dalchina, May 22, 2016
  5. wooly1 Win User
    dalchina, tried your suggestion which ran for less than 2 mins and provided the following:-

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10586.0

Image Version: 10.0.10586.0

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

C:\Windows\system32>

Any suggestions??

wooly1, May 22, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hello, I would simply proceed to an in-place upgrade repair install. Please read the following to understand what will happen:

Precede it with this in case sthg has happened to your file system:

Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed.
    Post back the result, which will be on the screen briefly.
    Otherwise you can get the result as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

An In-place upgrade repair install will fix many things, but not those where the settings are not changed by the procedure.

For this you need an installation medium with the same base build as you have installed.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

This will refresh Windows, after the manner of a Windows installation.
    - all/most associations will be unchanged
    - all your programs will be left installed
    - you will lose any custom fonts
    - you will lose any customised system icons
    - you may need to re-establish your Wi-Fi connection
    - you will need to redo Windows updates subsequent to the build you have used for the repair install
    - Windows.old will be created
    - system restore will be turned off- you should turn it on again and I recommend you manually schedule a daily restore point.
    - you will need to redo any language downloads including the display language if you changed that)
    - inactive title bar colouring (if used) will be reset to default
    - if Qttabbar is installed, you need to re-enable it in explorer (Options, check Qttabbar)
    This is one of the better features of Win10: as each major build comes out, that's your updated reference build, and as updates are mostly cumulative, there will be few to do.

Recommendation:
    Before you perform this major repair procedure, do create a disk image.

Please consider using disk imaging regularly. It's a brilliant way to
    - preserve your system (and your sanity)
    - back up your data
    - restore your system to a previously working state in a relatively short time

Recommended: Macrium Reflect (free/commercial) + boot disk/device + large enough external storage medium.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Missing LOG files

1. Missing LOG files - Similar Threads - Missing LOG files

2. Accounts missing on log in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accounts missing on log in screen: All but one account missing from log in screen. The only one available to login to is my sons so I can’t access any administrator privileges. I need to be able to access the other users. I’ve tried running a few different suggestions but since it’s not an admin account I...
  3. Missing accounts in log in screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing accounts in log in screen?: My account does not appear on the log in screen when you start up the computer, and I can't seem to get it to come back. I've activated it in the Command Prompt to no avail, I've checked my family's settings and it says that my account "can sign in", but it doesn't show up,...
  4. Missing accounts in log in screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing accounts in log in screen?: My account does not appear on the log in screen when you start up the computer, and I can't seem to get it to come back. I've activated it in the Command Prompt to no avail, I've checked my family's settings and it says that my account "can sign in", but it doesn't show up,...
  5. i hav missing the offlineserviceMgr log file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i hav missing the offlineserviceMgr log file: Hello allI have installed recently the service manager configuration in my c drive but when i am creating the install.wim in my console manager so i want to capture the install.wim and copy all the in my d rive so when i want to verify the offlineserviceMgr log file i can not...
  6. i hav missing the offlineserviceMgr log file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i hav missing the offlineserviceMgr log file: Hello allI have installed recently the service manager configuration in my c drive but when i am creating the install.wim in my console manager so i want to capture the install.wim and copy all the in my d rive so when i want to verify the offlineserviceMgr log file i can not...
  7. i hav missing the offlineserviceMgr log file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. missing user name at log on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    missing user name at log on: The moderator says he moved the post at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello-winpc/missing-windows-10-user-account/46382557-9aa1-45ad-a687-087ed9236948 ...to the appropriate forum category. When the ************* is the appropriate forum?...
  9. DISM complains about 2 DLLs missing in log, log file attached

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM complains about 2 DLLs missing in log, log file attached: Windows 10 1909 x64, build 18363.900. I used the script here: Batch Scripts / Programs. ---------------------------------------------------- It's the script: Find_ANY_DISM_Log_Errors_ALL.bat ---------------------------------------------------- To check for DISM...
  10. VSS Log File Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VSS Log File Missing: I use Macrium Reflect ver 7.2 to create image files of my ssd. After running the backup operation, an image summary and VSS log file are created. I alternate two portable drives to store the image files On one drive I can view the image summary and the VSS file. On the other...