Missing MSVCR120D.dll and it will not install

Discus and support Missing MSVCR120D.dll and it will not install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I'm getting an error when running a program that says the following: "System Error The Code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR120D.dll was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anza0427, Aug 10, 2018 at 1:52 PM.

1. Anza0427 Win User

So I'm getting an error when running a program that says the following:

"System Error

The Code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR120D.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

I did some research and what this supposedly means is that Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 has not installed properly. I've now tried redownloading and reinstalling it from Microsoft's own site several times with no luck. I've even gone through all the other versions (2013, 2015 etc) and done the same thing, still no luck.

Ran an SFC scan too that said it fixed some errors, still no luck.

Is there any way I can just get a safe download for the said .dll, preferably from Microsoft itself as there doesn't really appear to be fixable by simply installing it again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm at my wits end with this.

:)

2. b1rd Win User

DLL Missing

I actually posted the link for the "list of troubleshooting steps to resolve your boost_threads.dll problems" which is located half way down the page. I did not mean to promote any downloads.

Why don't I just go back and indicate that on my original post? That way there's access to the 'step-by-step' instructions, which are accessed via those green 'plus' signs next to the topics.

If the link still needs to be removed, then let me know

Missing MSVCR120D.dll and it will not install [​IMG]

3. TairikuOkami Win User
    DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Aug 10, 2018 at 1:57 PM
  4. Darwin Dim Win User

dll missing

Hi Peter,

One of the reasons that may cause the missing DLL error are the files that was deleted due to a recent change on your device. For us to identify the root cause, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• When are you getting this error?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you run the SFC scan tool found on this
    link
    as an initial step to replace missing DLL on your device.

We're looking forward to your response.

Thema:

1. Missing MSVCR120D.dll and it will not install - Similar Threads - Missing MSVCR120D dll

2. Sites Missing In Browsing History In Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sites Missing In Browsing History In Microsoft Edge: I recently went to the browsing history in my Microsoft Edge browser, and there are some sites missing. I went to a site called savethechildren.com through a click thru button on a site called MyPoints so that I could get points for my donation on Saturday, I think it was,...
  3. Has anybody succesfully installed Windows 10 April 2018 (1803) update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has anybody succesfully installed Windows 10 April 2018 (1803) update?: I have tried 10 times by now and it always gets stuck at 75%. What happens at 75%? I would like to know! While looking for a solution I have only come across a million other posts regarding issues with update 1803. This makes me think nobody actually has been able to...
  4. Homegroup missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup missing: Hi, I can no longer find any trace of HomeGroup even when following other suggestions. It seems to be plain missing on my Windows 10. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/homegroup-missing/2b44c52e-bab9-4352-b515-da71b66c50ca
  5. Windows 10 Build 17134.228 is now available, download offline installers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17134.228 is now available, download offline installers: Today is Patch Tuesday and Microsoft has just rolled out Windows 10 KB4343909. In case you’re planning to upgrade the PC manually, the direct download links for Windows 10 KB4343909 are also available. Windows 10 KB4343909 is available for devices running version 1803 and it...
  6. Google Chrome refuses to install on Windows 10

Google Chrome refuses to install on Windows 10: My Google Chrome was working fine yesterday, but I haven't been able to get it to load any webpages today. Meanwhile, my internet explorer has been working fine. I am not using a proxy server, so that box was already unchecked. I didn't want to make too many changes on the...
  7. loss of data after installing Windows 10

loss of data after installing Windows 10: I recently installed Windows 10 on my PC which had been using Windows 7. I expected all the data and programs to migrate with the installation. The result was that all the programs made it, but all data is lost, and I am trying to get the data back from my Carbonite backup....
  8. E6410 Dell windows 10 clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    E6410 Dell windows 10 clean install: Windows 10 x64 pro on DELL E6410 clean UEFI install did not shutdown laptop properly. Shutdown turns off all the devices but still the power button and fan on laptop continued to run, untill manually force stopped. Reinstalled win10 using legacy usb option, in regular bios...
  9. Clean Install of OS

Clean Install of OS: I have a Dell PC that is running very slowly on W10 After all usual stuff, clearing junk, defrag etc., still not good enough - as its currently on an old HDD, going to install an SSD for the OS. Been advised to do a clean install rather than clone across an OS that might...
  10. Can`t install any .msi file

Can`t install any .msi file: Can`t install any .msi file. Shows this message: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cant-install-any-msi-file/6635c606-200c-48c1-889c-5733f08becc9