Windows 10: Missing MSVCR120D.dll and it will not install

Discus and support Missing MSVCR120D.dll and it will not install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I'm getting an error when running a program that says the following: "System Error The Code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR120D.dll was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anza0427, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Anza0427 Win User

Missing MSVCR120D.dll and it will not install

So I'm getting an error when running a program that says the following:

"System Error

The Code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR120D.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

I did some research and what this supposedly means is that Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 has not installed properly. I've now tried redownloading and reinstalling it from Microsoft's own site several times with no luck. I've even gone through all the other versions (2013, 2015 etc) and done the same thing, still no luck.

Ran an SFC scan too that said it fixed some errors, still no luck.

Is there any way I can just get a safe download for the said .dll, preferably from Microsoft itself as there doesn't really appear to be fixable by simply installing it again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm at my wits end with this.

:)

Anza0427, Aug 10, 2018
  2. b1rd Win User

DLL Missing

I actually posted the link for the "list of troubleshooting steps to resolve your boost_threads.dll problems" which is located half way down the page. I did not mean to promote any downloads.

Why don't I just go back and indicate that on my original post? That way there's access to the 'step-by-step' instructions, which are accessed via those green 'plus' signs next to the topics.

If the link still needs to be removed, then let me know

Missing MSVCR120D.dll and it will not install [​IMG]

3. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Missing MSVCR120D.dll and it will not install

dll missing

Hi Peter,

One of the reasons that may cause the missing DLL error are the files that was deleted due to a recent change on your device. For us to identify the root cause, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• When are you getting this error?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you run the SFC scan tool found on this
    link
    as an initial step to replace missing DLL on your device.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Missing MSVCR120D.dll and it will not install

1. Missing MSVCR120D.dll and it will not install - Similar Threads - Missing MSVCR120D dll

2. .Dll missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .Dll missing: Hi! several .dll(amognst msvcr120.dll msvcp120.dll vcomp120.dll and many more) seem to be missing and all attemps to solve this have failed so far. I tried reinstalling the newest version of microsoft c++. I've tried downloading the files manualy and tried to register them....
  3. dll missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dll missing: C:\windows\system32\nvspcap 64dll missing how do I retrieve it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-missing/54490a4f-d56a-4666-95da-73d1e49a8c69
  4. Missing .dll Files

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Missing .dll Files: Help! All Microsoft Apps crashing moments after launch. All of them say SharedLibrary.dll and mrt100_app.dll was not found. Anyone know how I can fix the issue or re-download the .dll files???...
  5. Missing dll. "advrcntr2.dll"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing dll. "advrcntr2.dll": I'm missing a dll "advrcntr2.dll" and was wondering how I can get another. Trying to install NERO from download file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/missing-dll-advrcntr2dll/50c53c86-ab7d-4c7e-8bae-a693f3ae7741
  6. Missing DLL

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing DLL: At each startup I have an error message RUNDLL There was a problem starting c:\\windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll. The specified module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/missing-dll/ec816201-49c9-4021-af21-232065e162e1
  7. Missing DLL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing DLL: I installed Visual Studio 6.0, MSDN Library 6.0 and Visual Basic 6.0 on my Windows 10 64-bit PC. I am trying to update some old programs when I got "MISSING: Menu System w/Extensions - Menu Objects and Windows API Interface". That apparently is in MnuGnSOA.dll. Can you...
  8. Msvcr120.dll and Msvcp120.dll are missing but C++ 2013 is installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Msvcr120.dll and Msvcp120.dll are missing but C++ 2013 is installed: Im attempting to play a game that requires the Visual c++ redistributable 2013, which i have already installed, but the program still reports that the dlls are missing. what am i doing wrong? 105808
  9. Missing MSVCR71.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing MSVCR71.dll: Well, it's not missing anymore. Running Win10 with the latest updates. The program in question is Quicken which ran fine UNTIL I downloaded RealTime in an attempt to play a DVD. That didn't work so I deleted Real Time as I have no other need for it. Then the next time I...
  10. DLL Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    DLL Missing: So I got this program then when I open the program it says " The program can't start because boost_thread.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. " I've already reinstalled it and still didn't work. I've searched if people have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msvcr120d.dll not found code execution