Windows 10: Missing MSVCR71.dll

Discus and support Missing MSVCR71.dll in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Well, it's not missing anymore. Running Win10 with the latest updates. The program in question is Quicken which ran fine UNTIL I downloaded RealTime in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by starflyr, Jan 9, 2018.

1. starflyr Win User

Missing MSVCR71.dll

Well, it's not missing anymore. Running Win10 with the latest updates. The program in question is Quicken which ran fine UNTIL I downloaded RealTime in an attempt to play a DVD. That didn't work so I deleted Real Time as I have no other need for it.

Then the next time I tried run Quicken, I get an error message stating MSVCR71.DLL is missing and reinstalling Quicken may fix the problem. I would have gone with that option except I'm on a 2 month road trip with the Quicken installation disk at home. Further research on the net said deleting Real Time deletes this DLL file! Where does Real Time get permission to mess around with my other files. So to correct the problem, I reinstalled Real Time and now Quicken works fine.

I DON'T want Real Time on my computer and I was wondering if I copied this dll file to a jump drive, deleted Real Time on my computer and then copied the dll file back to its normal folder (c:\windows\syswow64, would Quicken be good to go? I need Quicken for my current road trip and don't want to screw it up.

I'm also wondering if I made this dll file READ ONLY, would Real Time delete it if I garbage can RT?

:)

starflyr, Jan 9, 2018

2. Program can't start because it is missing MSVCR71.dll

I solved this problem.

Steps:

1.Download
    msvcr71.dll

2.Copy file "msvcr71.dll" in
    L: C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Andrii Zhulai, Jan 9, 2018
  3. osc46 Win User
    troubleshooting help needed!

I keep getting a window that says: MSVCR71.dll file is missing. How do I fix this?

osc46, Jan 9, 2018
  4. Missing MSVCR71.dll

MSVCR71.DLL is the Visual C++ 2003 runtime, which unfortunately never got a separate installer like later versions did. I believe mscvr71.dll does not have any dependencies so your idea to save the file and copy it back should work.

Changing the read-only attribute won't help. You can still delete a read-only file.

PolarNettles, Jan 9, 2018
  5. Helmut Win User
    Normally applications put that MSVCR71.DLL library file in their own folders(there is 3 on mine). The one in the Windows Folder being shared can be deleted by various applications that might use it.

Just copy that DLL library Quicken requires to a suitable safe location, to be copied to the Windows folder should it be necessary. Quicken should of course use a copy elsewhere, like in its own folders.

Helmut, Jan 9, 2018
  6. starflyr Win User
    Polarnettles and Helmut,

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like I'm good to go with a safe copy of this dll file to back me up when I again delete RealTime.

starflyr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Missing MSVCR71.dll

1. Missing MSVCR71.dll - Similar Threads - Missing MSVCR71 dll

2. msvcr71.dll causing crash in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msvcr71.dll causing crash in Windows 11: is msvcr71.dll supported on Windows 11 ?We are running a VFP9SP2 app using OFFICE365 2019 32-bit version Microsoft® Word for Microsoft 365 MSO Version 2302 Build 16.0.16130.20848 32-bit and it crashes on that file - Error is Faulting module name: MSVCR71.dll, version:...
  3. msvcr71.dll causing crash in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msvcr71.dll causing crash in Windows 11: is msvcr71.dll supported on Windows 11 ?We are running a VFP9SP2 app using OFFICE365 2019 32-bit version Microsoft® Word for Microsoft 365 MSO Version 2302 Build 16.0.16130.20848 32-bit and it crashes on that file - Error is Faulting module name: MSVCR71.dll, version:...
  4. DLL Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DLL Missing: Hi So I'm a CS:GO editor and one of the dll's that I use keep disappearing after I extract them from the zip folder.The DLL is called nSkinz.dll.Its used to change skins.It can be found on GitHub: https://github.com/advancedfx/nSkinz/releasesI have extracted them multiple...
  5. MSVCR71.dll is missing from Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 News
    MSVCR71.dll is missing from Windows 10 computer: [ATTACH]Some applications or games require the MSVCR71.dll file to work properly. If the file […] This article MSVCR71.dll is missing from Windows 10 computer first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Windows 10 file MSVCR71.dll missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file MSVCR71.dll missing: My windows 10 works fine. However when restarting, sometimes message "MSVCR71.dll missing" Can I download this file or is all OK anyway? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-msvcr71dll-missing/dec9b228-0d8b-4002-8b6d-ba14b6832dff
  7. Missing MSVCR71.dll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing MSVCR71.dll: I have Windows 10 (64 bit system). When attempting to open (mymc-alpha-2.6) I get this mymc-gui.exe - System Error The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR71.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. Where and how do I obtain this...
  8. Missing .dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing .dll: How do I fix missing msvcp100.dll? Scan doesn't show an issue but I get a missing file msg and a freeze with blue screen msg "collecting data", but the % never counts down on the screen. Thanks...
  9. Reinstall MSVCR71.dll on a new machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reinstall MSVCR71.dll on a new machine: My computer is perhaps a year old. For the FIRST time I decided to play a dvd movie and I get an error that I need to reinstall MSVCR71.dll. Why does my new computer need a reinstall?...
  10. Missing DLL

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing DLL: At each startup I have an error message RUNDLL There was a problem starting c:\\windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll. The specified module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/missing-dll/ec816201-49c9-4021-af21-232065e162e1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msvcr71 dll file missing windows 10