Windows 10: Missing Operating System - Windows 10 and Fedora 28 Dual Boot

Discus and support Missing Operating System - Windows 10 and Fedora 28 Dual Boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried dual booting Fedora and Windows 10. While installation I think I messed something up and maybe formatted my boot partition which I was sure I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NandaG503, Jul 5, 2018.

1. NandaG503 Win User

Missing Operating System - Windows 10 and Fedora 28 Dual Boot

I tried dual booting Fedora and Windows 10. While installation I think I messed something up and maybe formatted my boot partition which I was sure I did not but maybe I did accidentally.

So because of that, whenever I start my computer I get the "Missing Operating System" Missing Operating System - Windows 10 and Fedora 28 Dual Boot 6a8fc70a-32f9-4637-812f-a3196bb06e5f?upload=true.jpg

So I tried a lot of stuff,i.e, using the bootrec commands.

Using the Windows Live USB to re-install Windows by using custom installation.(twice)

Here are my partitions:

Missing Operating System - Windows 10 and Fedora 28 Dual Boot 77546477-ed9a-4e6a-a21a-6691efd71e1e?upload=true.png

I have no recovery image of my previous Windows OS and I tried installing it again using my Windows USB.

Missing Operating System - Windows 10 and Fedora 28 Dual Boot 626ab0c5-0e12-4132-a6c1-41a4d019b7a5?upload=true.jpg

How to fix this problem without losing my data?

Edit:

My boot order is fine.

I set the Storage Boot Option Control to UEFI and not Legacy. I have fast boot and secure boot disabled.

Will trying to re-install Fedora 28 fix it?

I am running out of options.

:)

NandaG503, Jul 5, 2018

2. Help with dual booting Vista and Fedora

I've been trying to dual boot Windows Vista and Fedora 11 for the past three days. I have a live CD to install Fedora with but when I install I mess up somewhere and end up with a black screen and 'missing operating system' comes up. Does anyone know the right way for me to install Fedora after I've got Windows Vista up and running?

I've got a laptop with a single 320GB HDD in it and its partitioned half and half pretty much. Vista is on 128GB and the rest is set as a healthy primary.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Viscarious, Jul 5, 2018
  3. AJain2810 Win User
    Dual- Boot with Fedora

I am running the latest version of Fedora. It is the only OS installed on my laptop. I want to dual- boot with Windows 10 as the other OS. The disk is a single partition of lvm type. So, I want to know how to partition my disk to NTFS file structure and
    install Windows 10 to it.

AJain2810, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Missing Operating System - Windows 10 and Fedora 28 Dual Boot

Failed Dual Boot Windows 10 and Linux Fedora

HELLO.

I am using laptop Lenovo g50-80 and have Windows 10pro_64 installed.

then i tried to install fedora 24(Linux os) as a dual boot.now i can access Fedora,

but i can't access windows 10. i tried to boot in uefi mode, then a black window was appeared and pop up a blue window with a error notification.

i attach the screen shot here.

Missing Operating System - Windows 10 and Fedora 28 Dual Boot 5bd3815c-b7e5-4e56-b741-59a84a391b2c.jpg

i want to delete the fedora and recover my Windows 10 with out loss my personal files.

What's happening and how do I resolve it ??

VIVEKTRAVI, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Missing Operating System - Windows 10 and Fedora 28 Dual Boot

1. Missing Operating System - Windows 10 and Fedora 28 Dual Boot - Similar Threads - Missing Operating System

2. Dual boot Windows/Fedora 39. Missing EFI/Microsoft/boot directory to boot Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot Windows/Fedora 39. Missing EFI/Microsoft/boot directory to boot Windows.: Hello ! This morning, I switched from Fedora 32 to Fedora 39. I have a dual boot Fedora / Windows. But since I installed Fedora 39, I can't choose to boot Fedora or Windows, it always launch Fedora 39. I tried to press F9 when the computer is starting, but I can't see any...
  3. Dual boot Windows/Fedora 39. Missing EFI/Microsoft/boot directory to boot Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot Windows/Fedora 39. Missing EFI/Microsoft/boot directory to boot Windows.: Hello ! This morning, I switched from Fedora 32 to Fedora 39. I have a dual boot Fedora / Windows. But since I installed Fedora 39, I can't choose to boot Fedora or Windows, it always launch Fedora 39. I tried to press F9 when the computer is starting, but I can't see any...
  4. Dual boot Windows/Fedora 39. Missing EFI/Microsoft/boot directory to boot Windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Choose an operating system screen missing on dual-boot Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 News
    Choose an operating system screen missing on dual-boot Windows 10 computer: [ATTACH]When you have a dual boot Windows, the menu appears as soon as you […] This article Choose an operating system screen missing on dual-boot Windows 10 computer first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Dual boot Windows/Fedora problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot Windows/Fedora problem: Hello, My computer was in dual boot Windows 10/Fedora and I wanted to replace Fedora with Ubuntu (by live USB). I made bad manipulations for this change which led to a Fedora that no longer worked. When I wanted to reinstall it, I put the root in the wrong place and nothing...
  7. adding Windows 10 as dual boot operating system

adding Windows 10 as dual boot operating system: I'd like to add Windows 10 (USB home version) as dual boot operating system. Simple reason is because I'm using software (Vista sp2) that doesn't offer driver support for M-audio devices (Firewire 1814) in conjunction with ProTools for Win 10; and still need to use it....
  8. Fedora 28

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Fedora 28: I have Hyper-V installed and Ubuntu 18.o4 installed and hope to try out the changes for full screen. My question is does Fedora work with Hyper-V Shipinomore 110046
  9. Dual Boot: Win10 and Fedora 22

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Boot: Win10 and Fedora 22: I am trying to do a dual boot. I have Win10 installed and the ISO file for Fedora22 on a DVD, but I can't seem to get into the Bios so that the DVD can run the setup file. I've already partitioned my hard drive and have reserved a separate petition for the Fedora22...
  10. Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System

Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System: Dual-boot system Partition C:\ = Windows 10 Pro Partition E:\ = Windows 7 Pro Would it be possible to switch the OSs? I have applications to clone one partition to another but my concern are the already installed apps being functional. Did a Google search and all I found...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual boot windows 10 fedora 28

2. dual boot windows 10 and fedora 28

3. missing operating system windows 10

4. missing operating system,
  5. how repair grub fedora 28 after win 10 installation,
  6. fedora 29 and windows 10 dual boot legacy mode,
  7. windows 10 fedora 28 dual boot,
  8. dell dual boot windows 10 fedora 29,
  9. operating system missing fedora,
  10. dual boot win10 fedora28,
  11. dual boot fedora 29 windows 10,