Windows 10: Missing operating system

Discus and support Missing operating system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am using build 10130 NL, today I got update to build 10240. After the update I have the problem "Missing operating system" . Anyone who know what is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by henk41948, Jul 28, 2015.

1. henk41948 Win User

Missing operating system

I am using build 10130 NL, today I got update to build 10240. After the update I have the problem "Missing operating system" . Anyone who know what is going wrong. I am using a ASUS X77J series laptop with SSD drive.
    Looking forward to some advice, above happened for the second time.

:)

henk41948, Jul 28, 2015

2. missing operating system

I downloaded ISO from internet , burned it by Iso2desc on USB chose the options GPT and windows to go i don't know if this is right ...

It gives me missing operation system and if enabled pxe using LAN it gives me no bootable device and sometimes start pxe on ipv4 then network 0 for i pvx6 (68-f7-28-68-14-c7) boot failed...

This PC is not running , only can open BIOS so I must use a bootable device

KirollusSamy, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Missing operating system

I have a AIO pc of HP and windows 10 pro 64 bit. When I try to start my computer there is an error message "Missing Operating system" but when I press alt + f10 while the pc boots up the windows starts. I am running my pc temporarily by pressing alt +
    f10 every time it boots up. Do you have any solution to this problem. I already tried reinstalling windows but it didn't work and my hard drive is also working well.

Khush LuckyAgarwal, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Gaored Win User

Missing operating system

Same Problem with a clevo w350et with ssd from windows 8. Second time too

And I can't rollback to windows 8 either, had to reformat. I should had cloned the partition, now have to reinstall everything :/

Updated my desktop(with ssd too) from windows 7 without problem

Gaored, Jul 31, 2015
  5. YOU
    You Win User
  6. Kabas Win User
    The same here, I tried 3x without success, with the same message: missing operating system
    Dell studio 1458 - i5 - 6gb ram - SSD (win 7 home premium >> win 10 home premium)
    The windows 10 installation works only if I try a new copy from a usb device or dvd, not an update(preserving my softwares, etc), Just a clean installation, 100% new files.

To fix MBR(bootrec.exe /fixmbr) also not works.
    I realized that we all are using notebook with SSD.... Is it a problem?
    I don't think so, but...

Kabas, Aug 1, 2015
  7. henk41948 Win User
    At least solved with a clean install of finally version. It looks to be stable, only now trouble with product key, I am coming from Windows 7. Anyone idea how to solve this part? Now it is feeling as working with illegal software and I think I am legal. *Smile

henk41948, Aug 1, 2015
  8. Gaored Win User

Missing operating system

Same as Kabas. I tried twice /fixmbr, /fixboot, /rebuildbcd. It seems that for some reason it messes with the file system if you do a chkdsk on the partition on recovery console it detects corruption and fixes, but even so can't boot.

As henk41948. Clean install works without problem, but we only can have the key for clean install after update process that don't work. :/

Secure boot and fast boot disabled since previous win8 installation

Gaored, Aug 1, 2015
  9. TucknDar Win User
    I've run into the same problem as well. Like Gaored, I've got a Clevo computer (under a different name, but Clevo based), namely the W370et. Wonder if it's a coincidence...

TucknDar, Aug 1, 2015
  10. Borg 386 Win User
    Your current OS needs to be directly upgraded with the media creation tool to activate 10. Once you have done this, you can do a clean install of 10.

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

Borg 386, Aug 1, 2015
  11. Kabas Win User
    I just used the media creation tool and the upgrade don't work, with the same result: missing operating system
    The clean installation(from media creation) is ok, but windows 10 is not activated.

After clean installation:
    The internal bluetooth hardware was not recognized, it does not appear in the device manager and so there is no bluetooth option available in the system.

Kabas, Aug 1, 2015
  12. pvbers Win User
    I Have the same problem here. No upgrade method succeeds. Clean install no problem; but no activation then. I also have a laptop with SSD disk. Wil there ever be a solution???

pvbers, Aug 2, 2015
  13. Ztruker Win User

Missing operating system

The current solution seems to be to Clean Install 8.1, activate then upgrade to 10.

Ztruker, Aug 2, 2015
  14. TucknDar Win User
    Thanks, but did you actually try this (edit: or have seen a post/site where someone tried and succeeded), having had the same problem? I'm considering doing a full format of my SSD drive, then follow your potential solution. My guess is that there's some issue with the partitions from my previous install, which only a format will overcome.
    Anyone tried something like this yet?

TucknDar, Aug 2, 2015
  15. Ztruker Win User
    I've read at least 5 posts in this forum where doing this worked when the upgrade was failing.

Ztruker, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Missing operating system

1. Missing operating system - Similar Threads - Missing operating system

2. Missing operating system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing operating system: When I turn on my HP G60 notebook I am faced with a message saying "Missing Operating System", I know why it is happening, I accidentally deleted system reserved partition, I dont have installation media, I use windows 10...
  3. Missing operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing operating system: When I turn on my HP G60 notebook I am faced with a message saying "Missing Operating System", I know why it is happening, I accidentally deleted system reserved partition, I dont have installation media, I use windows 10...
  4. Missing operating system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing operating system.: My laptop shows missing operating system after I wiped some volume if not all of them in my disk from Microsoft diagnostic tool. I don't know what to do I inserted a DVD and it still shows missing operating system. It's a hp G70....
  5. Missing operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing operating system: My PC froze so I restarted it then it says to diagnose and repair then repair failed so went to advanced options tried system restore failed tried reset pc failed then lastly restore from sydtem image failed then came the missing operating system.Please can anyone help I'm...
  6. Missing operating system

Missing operating system: Hello can someone please help me i have just tried to dual boot kali linux and windows 10 and when i try to boot it says missing operating system can somemone please help idk if my files are gone PLEASE HELP [IMG]...
  7. missing an operating system

missing an operating system: so ever since I bought my Lenovo Ideapad 320, i have been experiencing the same struggle. i would be using my laptop normally then it just turns into a black screen and when I restart it, it tells me that system needs repair so I try all the advanced options and nothing...
  8. "Missing Operating System"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Missing Operating System": After the last Windows update I received an error message "Missing Operating System". The issue occurred when the system started to reboot after update. I did everything that I could, including the system repair, recovery from the system image. I used safe mode but cannot...
  9. Operating system missing

Operating system missing: i downloaded an update to a program i use at work, turns out it was a virus or malware and changed several registry files and removed admin access. My laptop then started downloading programs and installing them, opening several webpages, and trying to run a virus scan that...
  10. Missing operating system

Missing operating system: Hi, after the automatic update of my laptop toshiba, there was an error when i boot my computer. Then, in the left top corner there was this message error : Missing operating system. So, i check on other tread and some people said to load the command on an usb device with...