Windows 10: Missing Protocols & "Turn on TLS 1.0 ..."?

Discus and support Missing Protocols & "Turn on TLS 1.0 ..."? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Forgive me but I'm on an incredibly flaky connection at the moment, so can't do a forum search... Did the "Missing Protocols" issue ever get sorted?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nigelmercier, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Missing Protocols & "Turn on TLS 1.0 ..."?

Forgive me but I'm on an incredibly flaky connection at the moment, so can't do a forum search...

Did the "Missing Protocols" issue ever get sorted? I'm sometimes getting this error, and now a new one: "Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings ...", needless to say they are already on.

I did try a fix for missing protocols that removed the Winsock and Winsock2 registry entries, this seemed to break everything!

:)

nigelmercier, Apr 16, 2016

2. Issue to access homepages like Linkedin, Youtube and facebook

I try to access LinkedIn, Youtube etc. but always get the following message:

This page can’t be displayed

Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to
    LinkedIn: Log In or Sign Up again. If this error persists, it is possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol. Please contact the site administrator.

I have turned on TLS in the advanced setting but it is still not working.

AnitaBarkley, Apr 16, 2016
  3. Randomly I keep being asked to turn on TLS 1.0 1.1 and 1.2

Original Title: Turn on TLS 1.0 Error.

Hello

Randomly I keep being asked to turn on TLS 1.0 1.1 and 1.2 ... if I check IE setting sthe are already enabled ... reboot the machine and it goes away fro a bit and then come back.

What am I missing x

Marc@Glanvilles, Apr 16, 2016
  4. Missing Protocols & "Turn on TLS 1.0 ..."?

Try those commands:

netsh winsock reset

netsh int 6to4 reset all
    netsh int httpstunnel reset all
    netsh int ip reset all
    netsh int isatap reset all
    netsh int portproxy reset all
    netsh int tcp reset all
    netsh int teredo reset all

People reported, that disabling NetBIOS and LMHOSTS Lookup helped.

TairikuOkami, Apr 16, 2016
  5. sml156 Win User
    I find myself on a flaky connection with Windows 10 myself and the only way I have found to fix TLS issues is to press the F5 key or Ctrl + F5 Keys ((refresh) or (forces the Cache to clear)) until the connection becomes stable.

You may want to copy @TairikuOkami answer and put it in a file to know what to do if your Lan or Wlan card has severe troubles.

sml156, Apr 17, 2016
  6. how to get to that point? ive tried EVERY elevated cmd prompt out there only to have NOTHING WORK but a router reset. i dont have access to the router and last time about 3 days ago when it happened i had to WAIT 5-6 HOURS before getting it reset and back up and running. asking to get it reset at this hour and again will only be cause for drama, false accusations and blame against me no matter if i have NO ISSUES with using my wifi hotspot on my phone to show its NOT the laptop, be told " well all the lights r on so theres nothing wrong with it " and have to waste data from my phone till it is fixed again when im PAYING RENT THAT INCLUDED INTERNET! hes not getting his 25 for the 425 i pay him for rent because im gonna need it to pay for using INTERNET that was SUPPOSED to be INCLUDED!

christyparks420, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Missing Protocols & "Turn on TLS 1.0 ..."?

1. Missing Protocols & "Turn on TLS 1.0 ..."? - Similar Threads - Missing Protocols Turn

2. When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for...: Hello,When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for setting up an encrypted channel of communication between a client and server disabled?We still need TLS 1.1, so when it will be disabled? By a Microsoft patch? And how could we...
  3. When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for...: Hello,When will be the transport Layer Security TLS internet protocol TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for setting up an encrypted channel of communication between a client and server disabled?We still need TLS 1.1, so when it will be disabled? By a Microsoft patch? And how could we...
  4. TLS-virhe: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TLS-virhe: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol: TLS-virhe: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol Where are the issue for this? :) Whats wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/tls-virhe-error140770fcssl/6132051f-e67c-4843-ba84-3cbd641f525f
  5. TLS missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TLS missing: TLS is no longer active and missing in the registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tls-missing/32903df0-6eba-4526-9d08-cdb8c6266a37
  6. Missing Network Protocols

in Browsers and Email
    Missing Network Protocols: I'm trying to get to Gibson's Research website. I cannot access it. I'm being told I'm missing network protocols. Haven't a clue. Any idea's. How do I find what protocols I'm missing. Windows 10 on a Dell Venue 8 pro tablet. Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Edge cannot...
  7. Network Protocols Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Protocols Missing: Noted immediately after 1511 total system update, yet may have been inherited from an earlier build... All is working well, yet Network Troubleshooter reports "one or more network protocols is missing." Various posted remedies have been verified or implemented, to no...
  8. Missing Internet protocols

Missing Internet protocols: So I have been without internet for a couple weeks and have spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer. I only have an ethernet port on my machine, connected to my router via powerline adapters (which work with my other PCs). Windows troubleshooter tells...
  9. Missing Protocols

Missing Protocols: I am attempting to use my Internet but it will not let me to put it straightforwardly. It shows a connection but will not let me use it. I ran the troubleshooter and it tells me I'm missing one or more network protocols and asks me if I'd like to try fixes as admin. I...
  10. TLS 1.3 Internet security protocol was approved

in Windows 10 News
    TLS 1.3 Internet security protocol was approved: The long-simmering battle over the future of the internet’s most important security protocol is over: TLS 1.3 was approved by the Internet Engineering Task Force after over four years of work and 28 draft versions of the standard. TLS — short for Transport Layer Security —...