Windows 10: Missing Recovery Partition on Surface Book?

Discus and support Missing Recovery Partition on Surface Book? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I received a new Surface Book after returning a broken one. But I created an image of the original drive. I installed this new image on the new Surface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Shawn, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Shawn Win User

Missing Recovery Partition on Surface Book?

I received a new Surface Book after returning a broken one. But I created an image of the original drive. I installed this new image on the new Surface and it works fine but I noticed that a drive partition is missing in Explorer but it shows up in the Disk Management.

1. Why the discrepancy?
    2. Is the recovery partition what the refresh and restart options uses?
    3. How do I know if the recovery partition is functional?

thanks!

Missing Recovery Partition on Surface Book? [​IMG]

Missing Recovery Partition on Surface Book? [​IMG]

:)

Shawn, Nov 30, 2016
  2. Alan B Win User

Surface Pro 3, Windows 10 not activated

If you deleted the recovery partition you need use recovery discs or similar. I presume Microsoft, as manufacturer of the Surface Pro, will sell you these. In fact it looks as if

there is a free download available; see here

Alan B, Nov 30, 2016
  3. Buck_650 Win User
    Windows 10 does not install - missing required drive partition

System:

Windows 10 Pro Recovery USB

Problem:

Unable to perform Windows 10 pro installation from recovery USB.

Error message:

Missing required drive partition.

How do I solve missing required drive partition and install Windows 10 Pro?

Buck_650, Nov 30, 2016
  4. SoFine409 Win User

The recovery partition does not have a letter assigned and therefore won't appear in file explorer. This is by design to keep users from messing it up. This is normal and everything is fine.

SoFine409, Nov 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Missing Recovery Partition on Surface Book? - Similar Threads - Missing Recovery Partition

2. Missing recovery partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing recovery partition: I have a dell inspiron 11 3147. I swapped a new Samsung evo 850 ssd into it, using the cloning software that came with the ssd. Everything copied over fine, the laptop boots into windows just fine. I was going to wipe it and start off with a fresh version of 10 because when I...
  3. Missing recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing recovery partition: I have a dell inspiron 11 3147. I swapped a new Samsung evo 850 ssd into it, using the cloning software that came with the ssd. Everything copied over fine, the laptop boots into windows just fine. I was going to wipe it and start off with a fresh version of 10 because when I...
  4. Missing recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows EFI and Recovery Partition MISSING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows EFI and Recovery Partition MISSING: Today I decided to clean install Windows 10 on my new SSD and format the old one.I used the pen-drive installer to install windows 10 on my SSD but when I got to Disk Management to format my old HDD.I see that my SSD does not have a recovery partition OR a EFI PartitionI...
  6. Surface Book

Surface Book: I cannot install chrome browser on my Surface Book https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book/cda81878-dcdf-4625-9a44-7fe9e31ab73b
  7. BitLocker Recovery Win10 Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    BitLocker Recovery Win10 Surface Book 2: I disabled secure boot and was prompted for BitLocker recovery. The prompt provides key ID, drive label and a link. (windows.microsoft.com/recoverykey). Unfortunately, I did not back up the BitLocker key before I changed secure boot. The only useful option at the link is to...
  8. Can't delete or format partitions (Surface Book 2)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't delete or format partitions (Surface Book 2): So two days ago, I turned on my computer and it does not boot. I get a windows failed to start error 0xc0000102 [ATTACH] So I then attempt to install windows from my USB. I put the windows recovery tool on my usb and try to load windows 10 on to my surface book 2 I go...
  9. Surface Book

Surface Book: can I download icloud onto my Surface Book and if so how? want to import pics stored there from my iPhone. tried to trf directrly from the iPhone but they are held as optimised files and don't have enough storage to de-optimised if that makes sense. hope you can help....
  10. Surface Book missing Connected Standby?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Book missing Connected Standby?: Greetings! A question regarding the Connected Standby feature on my Surface Book with Performance Base. According to the image below it appears as if it's not being listed ( neither as available OR unavailable ) on my system? [img] Am I missing something or have the...